Busch Gardens Worth It?

We love Busch Gardens! I had no idea there was a bird flu though.
Yes, one of the bird keepers told us when we visited that all aviaries in Florida and eight other states were closed due to that. She was surprised that we weren't aware of this and hadn't heard anything on the news. I'm not from Florida, though, and I hadn't heard anything about that on national news. Unfortunately birds in particular are a favorite of my cousin, but hey it is what it is and you make the best of it. It's not like we would have gotten to see them somewhere else either, except for in the wild. And we did actually see quite a few non-captive birds who like to hang out on Busch Gardens grounds.

Last edited:
Yes, one of the bird keepers told us when we visited that all aviaries in Florida and eight other states were closed due to that. She was surprised that we weren't aware of this and hadn't heard anything on the news. I'm not from Florida, though, and I hadn't heard anything about that on national news. Unfortunately birds in particular are a favorite of my cousin, but hey it is what it is and you make the best of it. It's not like we would have gotten to see them somewhere else either, except for in the wild. And we did actually see quite a few non-captive birds who like to hang out on Busch Gardens grounds.
I hope this ends soon. We're going to Discovery Cove in June and love the aviary there. Also will miss the flamingos being out and about!

This looks amazing. One of my kid's is a huge animal lover so I would love to take her.
Is this something you pay for separately? Does it require a separate day. I want her to get
the full experience so don't mind paying for as many as i can for her birthday.
Yes, there are a lot of add on experiences. I was just there without doing any of the add ons and had a great time. I had some family add on the safari and the pics they got together with the giraffes was their highlight.
A side note on food. We got the passes that includes one meal. So yes, the food prices look high, but they do that so people like me feel like they get a great deal. To those that want to eat at least twice, get the all day dining and you will really feel like you beat the system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter