Bus Stop Etiquette Question

I'm not saying they don't need to be seated. But they could sit on a lap. I'm thinking of a family with multiple children I saw and each child had their own seat. Did all 3 need their own seat?

Maybe. As a friend of mine has told me she has a disease that can make having any weight on her painful. If she were in the middle of a flare she couldn't hold a child on her lap.

Thinking maybe it's time for Disney to implement a line-less queue.

Grab a number from the machine that corresponds to your park of choice as you approach the bus stop.

If you want to be at the front of the line that'll cost ya though.

I'm more than happy to stay at the values and line up like a heard of cattle. We didn't enjoy the moderate bussing free for all - too much chance of starting the day on a sour note. To each their own. That's the beauty of 20+ resorts. There's something for everyone.

You must have never stood there when it was 100 degrees in the sun or pouring rain. I stayed at a Value one time and it was enough for me. At least at the parks they are covered.
Lines for rides are nothing like the corals for buses are in the parks or the value resorts.
The lines in those things remind me of photos of people in an dystopian society. It isn't an image that says fun to me. And it isn't.

And actually, I don't stand in lines for rides like that. Other than for FoP, I've never stood in any line for than about 20 min

I dont let things like that bother me. I have worn a poncho while waiting for my bus and was there once when there were 10 days of record breaking heat in October. I just plan for stuff like that, but I am very easy going. Maybe since I dont get to go as much as I would like too, any time at Disney is the BEST! If that means waiting in the sun or rain, I am prepared and happy just to be in Disney!

Grab a number from the machine that corresponds to your park of choice as you approach the bus stop.

If you want to be at the front of the line that'll cost ya though.

I'm more than happy to stay at the values and line up like a heard of cattle. We didn't enjoy the moderate bussing free for all - too much chance of starting the day on a sour note. To each their own. That's the beauty of 20+ resorts. There's something for everyone.

I totally agree!! If a line means a little more control Im good with that. Disney to me is lots of walking, lots of waiting in line and lots of sun and FUN!!

I dont let things like that bother me. I have worn a poncho while waiting for my bus and was there once when there were 10 days of record breaking heat in October. I just plan for stuff like that, but I am very easy going. Maybe since I dont get to go as much as I would like too, any time at Disney is the BEST! If that means waiting in the sun or rain, I am prepared and happy just to be in Disney!
Im with you on that. I wear a poncho too. And in the heat, well, i manage. Its totally fine. I'd rather "suffer" and have a proper line than to wait at a covered free-for-all area like at mods and deluxes.

I remember once we arrived at the WL bus stop and quite a few others were already waiting for what looked like the same bus. Some were sitting and some were standing but none were right at the curb. When the bus pulled up and opened the door we stayed back and paused, knowing that many were there before us. Since no one moved forward, before we could blink the driver closed the door and started to pull away!!! We learned real quick to be a little more assertive because we almost missed our bus :)

Yes! Why in the world do people stand there for 15 minutes waiting for the bus, watch other people getting on the bus with their folded strollers and then wait until they are standing in the doorway of the bus to even start folding the stroller, taking the bags out of it, etc??? At least start getting ready to get on the bus when the bus pulls up to the bus stop. There's no need to make everyone else wait while you get yourself on the bus.

The same reason a family of 5 stands in line for 20 minutes at a QS restaurant and wait until the cashier asks them what they want to start discussing it. There's a whole subculture of "obliviousness" out there that we usually don't have to encounter until we're queueing with them.

Better yet (he said jokingly), Disney should require advance dining reservations. 180 in advance you can plan your meals and when and where you will be going on their buses. Eliminates over-crowding of buses and helps with crowd predicting.

If a kid is old enough to climb into their own seat, then sure, why not? They're not any less entitled to a seat than a healthy adult. Toddlers on laps I could see but over about 5 years old, I don't think it's practical to expect them to double up, and it's so hot during the summer that I wouldn't blame a parent for not wanting to hold a kid that can be trusted to sit or stand on their own.

It's first come first served on buses. I'm not going to judge anyone for not getting up and giving up their seat. The last few days I have hurt badly enough that I could have easily lost my balance on a moving bus and fallen, hurting myself or worse, others. I would have stood up for a handicapped passenger if I had been in the accessible seating area, but it would have been a bad choice on my part.
I was referring to toddlers under 5. On Packed bus they could be on a lap unless they have medical issues that they can't be. Just my opinion. And I was brought up to give elderly and others that need seats to accommodate. So first come first serve yes, to a point.
I'm aware of invisible disabilities, I also went to WDW with bad knee pain. I had a bad joint and eventually had replacement surgery. It was incredibly painful riding bus standing up. I know that nobody would know this but It's what made me aware of how many young adults were sitting while elderly were standing.
I know many don't agree with me but I just think it's wrong. It's just my opinion.

I think people need to come to grips with the fact that we all don't think and act alike. And that is very obvious at Disney bus stops and on the Disney buses. People are not going to all behave the way *you* think they should. If you can deal with that with a shake of the head, cool. If you can only deal with it by handing out nasty cards and calling out people who didn't do what you thought they should, maybe a rental car is a better choice.

Maybe. As a friend of mine has told me she has a disease that can make having any weight on her painful. If she were in the middle of a flare she couldn't hold a child on her lap.
Understood. There's always exceptions. I'm just speaking in general.

Understood. There's always exceptions. I'm just speaking in general.

No problem. For me, just as with the who should be standing thing, I've found it easier on myself to think there may be a reason for a child not being on a lap.

Funny, when I started on the Dis so many years ago I was definitely on the side of men standing on the bus. I've totally changed my thinking on how people on public buses *should* act.

Yes! Why in the world do people stand there for 15 minutes waiting for the bus, watch other people getting on the bus with their folded strollers and then wait until they are standing in the doorway of the bus to even start folding the stroller, taking the bags out of it, etc??? At least start getting ready to get on the bus when the bus pulls up to the bus stop. There's no need to make everyone else wait while you get yourself on the bus.

They aren't making everyone wait. If you're standing there breaking it down and taking forever to do it, I'm going around you. Sorry not sorry.

No problem. For me, just as with the who should be standing thing, I've found it easier on myself to think there may be a reason for a child not being on a lap.

Funny, when I started on the Dis so many years ago I was definitely on the side of men standing on the bus. I've totally changed my thinking on how people on public buses *should* act.
Yes, we do get different views on things from different perspectives.

They aren't making everyone wait. If you're standing there breaking it down and taking forever to do it, I'm going around you. Sorry not sorry.

I agree! It's not like they wouldn't know! I've even seen people remind them - but rules weren't made for them, and, of course have seen some get upset when people start going around them while they unload the stroller. That's the way it should be! Most people don't wait.

I agree! It's not like they wouldn't know! I've even seen people remind them - but rules weren't made for them, and, of course have seen some get upset when people start going around them while they unload the stroller. That's the way it should be! Most people don't wait.

How about their equally annoying cousin, the People Who The Minute They Get Off Of The Bus Stop and Try To Open Their Stroller And Put The Child In It??? Blocking everyone else from getting off thru that bus door. :headache::headache::headache:

Move to the side, out of the walkway, before trying to open your stroller, put all of your stuff into the pockets, and then setting your child into it and belting them down. Please!!!

How about their equally annoying cousin, the People Who The Minute They Get Off Of The Bus Stop and Try To Open Their Stroller And Put The Child In It??? Blocking everyone else from getting off thru that bus door. :headache::headache::headache:

Move to the side, out of the walkway, before trying to open your stroller, put all of your stuff into the pockets, and then setting your child into it and belting them down. Please!!!
We clearly travel to the parks at the same time! I wanna whop the entire lot upside the head

We clearly travel to the parks at the same time! I wanna whop the entire lot upside the head

Love it!!
:offtopic: but reminds me of the CM's saying (MK train) to 'not' open your strollers until you exit the train platform!! Have you seen the ones that immediately do it anyway?? Some people are just totally clueless, I guess! o_O Don't guess you can fix stupid!

Here a little trick I like to do. If I come to the stop and family is waiting I go head ask which Park are you waiting. If they say the same as me I then say Well we all getting on the bus together that will break out laugh and anyone coming after us. I will say if you waiting for the MK bus or which ever park we are too so you are next in line. Now there has been a time when I did have check a line cutter because it was HOT one bus already passed packed to a tee ain't NO WAY was going to let this dude & family jump in front of me. I kindly said EXCUSE me WE was waiting which meant my family and other families his family was the last to get on after my talk....

Here a little trick I like to do. If I come to the stop and family is waiting I go head ask which Park are you waiting. If they say the same as me I then say Well we all getting on the bus together that will break out laugh and anyone coming after us. I will say if you waiting for the MK bus or which ever park we are too so you are next in line. Now there has been a time when I did have check a line cutter because it was HOT one bus already passed packed to a tee ain't NO WAY was going to let this dude & family jump in front of me. I kindly said EXCUSE me WE was waiting which meant my family and other families his family was the last to get on after my talk....

Yeah, way to much work. And unless you are standing at the curb you are not in any line. So it is pretty presumptuous to make yourself any kind of line police. I'd think you were unhinged and get on the bus anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts