Burudika being eliminated

I enjoy this show very much. I was sad when they cut out the crazy Paraguayan harpist. As a frequent visitor, I've done the rides a million times and I enjoy the live performances.

So, when it says Oct 13th, is that the *last* day? Or would Oct 12th be the last day?

I enjoy this show very much. I was sad when they cut out the crazy Paraguayan harpist. As a frequent visitor, I've done the rides a million times and I enjoy the live performances.

So, when it says Oct 13th, is that the *last* day? Or would Oct 12th be the last day?
The last shows are on the 13th :(

It's sad really. Live entertainment is the easiest place to cut costs.

One of the nicest things about DAK is the variety of live entertainment throughout the park, and one of the reasons I enjoy it so much, but how many people really care? If you believe as I do, that in recent years WDW is focused on first time, once in a lifetime blow the doors off your budget family trips, there is no need to keep as much side entertainment in the parks. These folks have already planned their stays, with the add in's that seem to be available, and the FP they race to, ADR"s that control thier touring. Pack it in and if they like the place they will return, but they are hooked, so no need to really keep them entertained. I think that the strategy works even if I am not a fan of it's implementation.

This band will be cut, and in time another act will take it's place somewhere in the park. Or not. But guests will reminisce about what they miss, and enjoy what is in it's place.

I am still in mourning about the loss of Osbourne Lights, while it is not the same reason for the loss of a favorite aspect of WDW visits, the result is the same. I whined for a year, then again, and now I am happy that DHS is decorated at all and thrilled that it's nice. Just do not get me started about the decorating cuts in Epcot. The entertainment I have gotten past.

If they ever cut the Tam Tam drummers, I will cry. We love watching them while having a cocktail at the Dawa Bar.

The one I miss the most is Miyuki. As I understand, it was her choice to leave. Still..... it's a piece of Disney I miss.

Also, PUSH. They should bring PUSH back.

I don’t think the muppets were in a bad location either.
Thematically they were in a great location, but there was almost no place to sit, and the area was out in the sun. I think this show might have done better in a shaded area with plenty of seating.

Back in 2014 they cut Off-Kilter, and I could be wrong but I think that was the biggest outrage I'd ever seen of Disney loyalists. Even with all the organizing, emails, letters and calls, they were still cancelled. Part of my understanding was the cut was due to money but also to address the larger cult like following they had developed, understanding was the same thing happened at the Scat Cat club too (wonder if its the same reason for the change there now too).
I don't understand this comment. Are you saying Off-Kilter was removed because they were too popular? Isn't it a good thing for the entertainment to be popular?

Thematically they were in a great location, but there was almost no place to sit, and the area was out in the sun. I think this show might have done better in a shaded area with plenty of seating.

I don't understand this comment. Are you saying Off-Kilter was removed because they were too popular? Isn't it a good thing for the entertainment to be popular?

I am not the poster, but I imagine there is something to be said for entertainment being a reason to slow people down, but not keep them in place for too too long. If a band has a loyal following and they arrive just for the entertainment, stay a long time, and then leave, you have defeated your purpose. The seats are taken by those who are more interested in the entertainment than the park, and they park there for the entire set, times how many sets?
I am not sure I agree, however I understand if that is happening it's time to move something else in.

That was one of the rumors/discussions at the time. WDW wants the locals but depends on the tourist dollars, and the traffic. If you saw Off-Kilter they had a huge following, and wold back the crowds in for their shows. Disney didn't renew their contract after 17 years, yes 17 years and then *poof*. So I can imagine that somebody at Disney thought they were getting to popular, which really makes no sense to me, but I'm not Disney. But Disney has canned other long running acts that had a loyal following too.

I have such good memories of this group. The best was when my wife and I took our at the time 6 year grand daughter on a one on one trip. She is a bit of an introvert and the first day and a half was very reserved. So we happen to go by during a performance. My wife tried to encourage her to dance, but she just stood there, so my wife got up and started to dance to the music. Slowly so did my grand daughter until she was in full dance mode. The Magic seemed to enter and from that point thru the end of the trip she was that typical Disney kid having a ball. That memory will always be with me, and for that I will always have found memory of this group.

With Burudika gone I will be spending less time at Animal Kingdom...it's the live shows that keep me coming back to WDW every month and spending most of my money at Disney. The festival concerts and regular live shows are what I plan around rarely visiting the attractions that I've enjoyed so many times before.

That was one of the rumors/discussions at the time. WDW wants the locals but depends on the tourist dollars, and the traffic. If you saw Off-Kilter they had a huge following, and wold back the crowds in for their shows. Disney didn't renew their contract after 17 years, yes 17 years and then *poof*. So I can imagine that somebody at Disney thought they were getting to popular, which really makes no sense to me, but I'm not Disney. But Disney has canned other long running acts that had a loyal following too.

More popular acts will ask for more money; it is that simple. Generally speaking, a new and unknown band is more likely to be willing to work for bare minimum just for the exposure, and that's WDW's bargaining chip.

For it to be worth Disney's while to invest more money in renewing the contract of an act that has become popular, they would insist on evidence that the opportunity to attend the show drives guests to spend money in the parks that they otherwise would not have spent. There is a decent correlation at Epcot, where the restaurants are popular enough to drive dining sales among locals, with the added attraction of a favorite band giving you a "dinner & a show" experience. That they were based at Epcot was probably why Off-Kilter lasted as long as they did.

Working for a large company, there were years and years and then gaps when there would be lay-offs at the end of the fiscal year. It didn't take a rocket science to figure out that they were trying to make next year's financials look better as compared to the previous year. Some of these people would be brought back on as contractors and eventually as full time employees.

There was no possibility it was because a sale was imminent. They just wanted to do cost cutting and expense the charges (including severance pay) during the current fiscal year. The following year, they could say we reduced our payroll by x number of dollars (which included the severance pay) over the previous years payroll. In essence they over inflated the previous years payroll (normal salary that they paid until towards the end of the fiscal year, plus the severance package).

Bring this back on track. People on cruises complain about shows stay around and around. Things need to be refreshed. One of my favorite parades was the Epcot World showcase parades that was presented at night. I wish I can remember the name. The music, floats, and the ground people were just amazing. This would have been in the late 90's or early oughts. Alas it was retired. It is what it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter