Burudika being eliminated

This stinks, they were a great band. When Attendance is down this is what happens... its only the start. They have ended even more shows at Disneyland. Too bad they can't cut a few percentage points off the Disney Executives salaries so they can keep these great, hard working musicians around.

Well, there was a story the other day about some executives from WDW bring let go as well - so they aren't immune from this cut season either

Not to sound snarky, but who??? I don't know the names of the street performers. Are they the group that plays not too far from the safari ride?

This is the worst news I've heard in a while. Such a great element in the atmosphere for that area. One of my favorite things to do in all of WDW is to find a seat there and enjoy one of their sets while sipping on a cool drink fromOur next trip isn't until November so we won't be back before they're gone.

How can you be so sure? The goal with these cuts is to save money. They aren’t replacing the muppets with a new show in liberty square I can guarantee that.

Just have seen this play out before. Acts get retired. People go crazy. New act starts sometime later. Crowds adapt and like the new act. Then it gets cancelled. Cycle after cycle. Heck, how many times have they changed the Canada pavilion acts? Heck, like I said earlier, I bet it gets old/tired for the performers themselves. That is what I worry about with my favorite show (Lion King). Worker burnout. I think I have seen two of the main characters there many, many times trip after trip.

The Muppet thing in liberty square is different though. It was a wonderful add-on but I never once thought it would live on forever either. Great show in a bad location. Like some others have suggested, it might need moved to the American pavilion.

Just have seen this play out before. Acts get retired. People go crazy. New act starts sometime later. Crowds adapt and like the new act. Then it gets cancelled. Cycle after cycle. Heck, how many times have they changed the Canada pavilion acts? Heck, like I said earlier, I bet it gets old/tired for the performers themselves. That is what I worry about with my favorite show (Lion King). Worker burnout. I think I have seen two of the main characters there many, many times trip after trip.

The Muppet thing in liberty square is different though. It was a wonderful add-on but I never once thought it would live on forever either. Great show in a bad location. Like some others have suggested, it might need moved to the American pavilion.
I just completely disagree with everything here.

This is pretty simple. It’s a cut to save money at the start of the fiscal year. They do it every September. They may add entertainment in other areas later on but they don’t always add things back in the spaces they took them from.

I don’t think the muppets were in a bad location either.

Here's the deal .. regulars will miss it. One-time guests won't notice the difference or won't have the time to stop and enjoy a show.

I've enjoyed this bad every time we have walked through Africa. Stopping for 5-15 minutes to check them out. We enjoyed the Bollywood dancing show nearby in India as well. They are fun .. but a MAJORITY of the guests just pass them by on their way to their next Fast Pass/ADR, annoyed by them (as they block traffic flow), or simply never know they are there (if the show isn't going on at the time they are walking through).

It's an easy cut and less noticeable than say shutting down a permanent attraction (which they ALSO do (see Stitch, see Primevil Whirl), etc.

Entertainment is easy to add back .. and like we see with tons of big companies -- they make cuts to meet some budget and then hire back the same positions months later. It seems silly, but it is how big business does business.

I just completely disagree with everything here.

This is pretty simple. It’s a cut to save money at the start of the fiscal year. They do it every September. They may add entertainment in other areas later on but they don’t always add things back in the spaces they took them from.

I don’t think the muppets were in a bad location either.

You said it yourself, they do it every year. That is the reason I can't get too upset. Everybody worries about the performers, and I do too, but there are also people who have a paid job that are responsible for the entertainment. We have history that shows they change out acts "every year" all over the property. Yes, it may not be in spaces they took them from, but it seems to me they refresh it yearly because that is what they do. Didn't Walt want a constantly changing, adapting place? Sure don't want them to pull out the Safari or the restaurants. Changing the acts in the streets is one way to make the park look different from year to year. It does stink for the ones people like, but what about when they change the ones nobody likes?

Last edited:
Too bad they can't cut a few percentage points off the Disney Executives salaries so they can keep these great, hard working musicians around.
That sounds all good and fine, until it's you taking the pay cut.
Just have seen this play out before. Acts get retired. People go crazy. New act starts sometime later. Crowds adapt and like the new act. Then it gets cancelled. Cycle after cycle. Heck, how many times have they changed the Canada pavilion acts?
Bingo! Back in 2014 they cut Off-Kilter, and I could be wrong but I think that was the biggest outrage I'd ever seen of Disney loyalists. Even with all the organizing, emails, letters and calls, they were still cancelled. Part of my understanding was the cut was due to money but also to address the larger cult like following they had developed, understanding was the same thing happened at the Scat Cat club too (wonder if its the same reason for the change there now too). The reality is that this happens, people get upset but its just not worth the recreational outrage. I still follow Off-Kilter and buy their recordings, I keep hoping they will perform closer to home, but alas that is doubtful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!