Burbank or LAX?

Danvers

<font color=red>These words are my own.<br><font c
Which is the better airport to fly into? Which is actually closer?

According to a search I did, it came up with burbank as being the closest. But you might have a better choice of flights from LAX. We flew into LAX and it didnt seem too far from DL.

Angela

For the moment, we'll assume airfare is the same. If this is the case, I would choose Burbank because it is far less crowded than LAX. Plus, you don't have to deal with the 405 freeway traffic. Keep in mind that you also have Long Beach Airport and John Wayne Airports as well. These are other options that are closer to DL.

another airport is Ontario Intl. Airport (inland about 35 miles from DL or about the same distance LAX is from DL)

Used these 3 and will be using LAX this Oct. because of flight schedules and price:
John Wayne is the closest and probably the easiest (not too big but still plenty of flight options)

JetBlue flys into Long Beach (very small airport, very easy to maneuver)

LAX is LAX... big, crowded, deal w/ traffic to get to & from, but plenty of flight options

Haven't used Ontario or Burbank but do keep them in mind as plausable alternatives...

In L.A. terms, LAX and Burbank are roughly equidistant from DLR. This may not seem true looking at a map, but timewise it'll be about the same drive. In fact, I'd prefer the drive from LAX to DLR, using the 105 (DO NOT use the 405) to the 605 to either the 5 or 91. Much simpler than it sounds and much, much easier than any other route.

If you can fly into Long Beach, that's ideal. Otherwise, Ontario is a terrific option, but it's a long drive to DLR. OC Airport is very close, but usually more expensive. LAX is good. Burbank is almost always pricier and the drive down on the 5 can be nasty at certain times.

Flew out of Burbank last Saturday and the traffic on I5 was horrible - bumper to bumper and this was late morning. I have never experienced this type of traffic traveling from DL to LAX. I will never again use Burbank. Here's a vote for LAX!

Long Beach Airport :love: :love: :love: :love:

Last Friday we were off the plane, picked up luggage, obtained rental care and on freeway in about 20 minutes. Try doing that at LAX or even John Wayne.

We landed at Long Beach at 8am and we had our feet planted firmly in DLR property shortly after 9AM.

Long Beach Airport and Jet Blue. :love: :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter