• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bummed out, leaving for Disney World tomorrow...

Geri2001

Earning My Ears
I am so bummed out. I leave for Disney World in the Morning (MAY 19th) and 3 days of of the 4 that I will be there is supposed to have storms. What can I do there when it does storm?? Anyone have any suggestions?? Thanks!:Pinkbounc :confused: :mad: :earsgirl: :wave:

Keep having fun! We went last July, and were able to do 10 rides at MK from 5-10 p.m. It was pouring and we had a blast!! Even the lightning didn't slow us down--look up and see the lightning rods everywhere!

Get some cheap Wal-Mart or Target ponchos, and have fun!!

9 days till check-in and hoping for some rain while I'm there!

We are leaving tonight and are already in Florida and it looks like just tomorrow should be rainy. But we'll see!

Hopefully. Since I posted earlier I have seen 3 different weather reports and they were totally different, so who knows. Hopefully it will be nice weather. I'm about all rained out due to all the rain we have had where I live and it's freezing here too!!

Sometimes the rains don't last very long and you can just keep on going! Have a great vacation whatever the weather!

Try not to let the weather forcasts get you down. Florida weather is really so unpredictable, the forcasts are usually so vague or inaccurate. Unless we have a tropical depression of some kind hanging over the state the rains usually don't last all day. (we're not into the tropical season just yet).

Actually, you probably don't want to hear this but it's better that there is rain than none. This time last year there were a lot of wildfires in central FL which really had a bad effect at WDW, really bad smoke in the air. I thought we were going to have to cancel our trip then but it luckily cleared before we got there.

The afternoon storms do start about this time of year. Just bring some ponchos so you don't get caught in it, but really the best place to be is in the parks (with your poncho), when it rains. There are many places to take cover and really the rains don't usually last all day long. September is usually the wetest month and sometimes the rains then can last several hours but it's still not an "all day" affair (unless it's a tropical system).

So GO AND ENJOY YOUR TRIP!! HAVE A GREAT TIME!

Rain really does not affect much except parades at WDW or the other parks..go anyway, wear a poncho and have a good time. Remember you will just be all set for the water rides with a poncho on...:)

As a native Floridian I can tell you one thing about Florida weather: it is very unpredictable. Usually the storms only last about 20 or 30 minutes. However sometime then are on and off all day long. Take a poncho and enjoy. Remember rain usually means shorter lines and it is cooler!!

I have always felt that a rainy day at WDW is better than a picture-perfect weather day at work. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter