Bulk trading pins buying

cavesrus

Mouseketeer
my wife luvs Disney pins and my dds and I luv trading with cm. She wants to buy pins n bulk but doesn't want eBay scraps etc. any place u can recommend to buy good Disney pins n bulk?

Ty aaron

my wife luvs Disney pins and my dds and I luv trading with cm. She wants to buy pins n bulk but doesn't want eBay scraps etc. any place u can recommend to buy good Disney pins n bulk?

Ty aaron
The CM lanyards are full of fakes. I don't think there's really any way to avoid it. We just keep a separate stash for trading.

U can google it lots of photos wife was showing me the mouse pins looks to be more fakes as well so I would say just buy cheap pins personally

I buy in bulk. When I get them, I sort out any really obvious fakes. Poor paint jobs or sharp edges are a dead give away. I toss those into metal recycling. The rest I trade with cast members. If I trade with other guests (which is rare), I suggest they take certain pins I know are genuine. I always have a couple real pins on my lanyard for this purpose.

I have had great luck with the high rated pin sellers on EBay. Take a look at their feedback and pictures to get an idea if they are dealing in legitimate Disney pins and you should be safe.

It's is so much more fun to trade pins when each pin is pennies on the dollar instead of $8 or more!

I have had great luck with the high rated pin sellers on EBay. Take a look at their feedback and pictures to get an idea if they are dealing in legitimate Disney pins and you should be safe.

It's is so much more fun to trade pins when each pin is pennies on the dollar instead of $8 or more!

If the price is pennies you ARE buying scraps. It's like saying you bought a new authentic Jaguar car for $500 or a Rolex for $20. It's just not possible to buy legitimate items for 1% of the price legally.

If the price is pennies you ARE buying scraps. It's like saying you bought a new authentic Jaguar car for $500 or a Rolex for $20. It's just not possible to buy legitimate items for 1% of the price legally.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This.

Just because a seller on eBay has a high positive feedback, means nothing honestly. It could be high + feedback because they sell a quality knock off product that is "almost" as good as the real thing and people don't get called out on it.

As someone else said, this is why the activity has gone downhill. Yes, it's hard to part with pins that are $8+ a pop, but no one ever said a fun activity was free either...

Interesting! Oh yeah, I get it, some things are too good to be true...

But...

I definitely do not consider myself to be a die hard pin trader by any stretch, but I swear I'm getting a majority of legit and quality pins. Many of the pins I have purchased are cast lanyard pins with hidden Mickeys, which definitely could be knock offs, but they sure do look really good. I think I have been getting my most recent pin lots for about 50 cents each.

What is the secret to tell if a pin is a fake when they look soooooo good?

Interesting! Oh yeah, I get it, some things are too good to be true...

But...

I definitely do not consider myself to be a die hard pin trader by any stretch, but I swear I'm getting a majority of legit and quality pins. Many of the pins I have purchased are cast lanyard pins with hidden Mickeys, which definitely could be knock offs, but they sure do look really good. I think I have been getting my most recent pin lots for about 50 cents each.

What is the secret to tell if a pin is a fake when they look soooooo good?
It sucks for the kids.
They save their money. Get a genuine Disney pin. Only to trade with a cast member (because they have to)and receive a scrapper!
So annoying.
I buy them but never trade.
Best place to get tips on how not to buy scrapper is you tube.
Or pin pix website

To the OP. If Disney wanted to end scraps being sold on ebay or amazon they could. A good portion on the pins getting traded by the CM's are scrapes. So my opinion buy the scrapes for trading. We usually buy a couple of pins from Disney each time we go. If it wasn't for trading scrapes we probably wouldn't buy those overprice pins from Disney. We used pin trading to teach our kids (now GK) how to interact with CM's, giving them needed life skills.

To the OP. If Disney wanted to end scraps being sold on ebay or amazon they could. A good portion on the pins getting traded by the CM's are scrapes. So my opinion buy the scrapes for trading. We usually buy a couple of pins from Disney each time we go. If it wasn't for trading scrapes we probably wouldn't buy those overprice pins from Disney. We used pin trading to teach our kids (now GK) how to interact with CM's, giving them needed life skills.

And this is why people have stopped trading. People who don't care if they screw other people over. Is that the "needed life skills" you're teaching your children and grandchildren?

The Disney pins are not overpriced. Like any other commercial product, price is dictated by what the consumer will pay.

Last edited:
And this is why people have stopped trading. People who don't care if they screw other people over. Is that the "needed life skills" you're teaching your children and grandchildren?

The Disney pins are not overpriced. Like any other commercial product, price is dictated by what the consumer will pay.
I will refuse to be a fool to trade Disney pins for scrapers, if you do so that is your choice. Yes I will trade scrapers for scrapers and that is what is going on now.
If Disney wanted to stop it then they would. I don't know how you think I am screwing over people if this is the new norm now
My kids are either business owners employing scores of people, or professionals. I am proud of them. My grand kids are to be taught not to be afraid of communicating with adults and they will not to be taught to be fools.

If this is what upsets you and lose sleep over then that is your "CHOICE" and I respect that.

Last edited:
I will refuse to be a fool to trade Disney pins for scrapers, if you do so that is your choice. Yes I will trade scrapers for scrapers and that is what is going on now.
If Disney wanted to stop it then they would. I don't know how you think I am screwing over people if this is the new norm now
My kids are either business owners employing scores of people, or professionals. I am proud of them. My grand kids are to be taught not to be afraid of communicating with adults and they will not to me taught to be fools.

If this is what upsets you and lose sleep over then that is your "CHOICE" and I respect that.
You refuse ... but intentionally trade scrapers...

You refuse ... but intentionally trade scrapers...
Look around when you pin trade, a majority of the pins are scrapers that are getting traded. If you have a problem with trading scrapers take it up with Disney. Yes, why don't you do that!
On our last visit to Disney in March we bought $50.00+ in Disney pins from the Disney shops. How much did you buy? Is pin trading with ebay pins illegal? As I said before if Disney wanted to stop it they could. But they will probably lose more business that way, since many of the buyers from ebay also buy Disney pins from Disney, and they probably know that.

This has been the ongoing debate. It's nothing new.

The problem occurs when a kid is in the parks, sees the trading, wants to start. Parents get the kid a starter set, which includes real pins, not fakes. The kid then goes to a CM and trades away real pins for fakes. If you traded with that CM right before that kid got there, and the kid then takes the pin you gave the CM, then you just ripped that kid off.

I don't think Disney could stop it now, as those lots of fakes have become so large. Ultimately, I buy the pins in the parks and don't trade them. It'd be fun to trade, but knowing that the knock off market is so vast and I'd ultimately be on the losing end, I don't do it.

Disney pin collecting is an expensive hobby, no real way around it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter