Build A Bearville

It seems that the Open chat feature was removed from the site.

BABV was a wonderful game that could have easily been my VMK replacement, then they went and removed open chat. Quite honestly, the game just isn't the same. Without a decent way to talk to friends, there is no compelling reason for me to linger in the game. When I do run across friends, all we can do is dance and make faces at each other. Buildabear is supposed to be allowing phrases to be submitted by the Junior CybearGuides soon, and I really hope this helps.

What I don't understand is why they didn't just ban the offenders? If a parent has a problem with the open chat, then they should just not approve the email confirmation allowing it and the child would remain in the safe chat or silent mode.

There was a glimmer of hope at one point that the open chat would be back, but there has been very little response from Buildabear that is encouraging.

I was pleased with build a bear and it was like a new vmk.
But Without the open chat it seems to be going back a step in development.
I hope the open chat going to come back or somthing better to replace it.
-DanielleBanana27

Just a quick update on the open chat...

From what I've read, open chat will hopefully be returning to BABV before November.

Just a quick update on the open chat...

From what I've read, open chat will hopefully be returning to BABV before November.

Thanks for the info.

I will inform my BABV fan at home. She would definitly play more if open chat comes back.

Just a quick note for anyone who is interested, they have fixed the glitches with the lessons, so you now get money for them :goodvibes. This may not have been a problem for you, but I wasn't getting any money for lessons, even though it said I was (once you've completed all 3 levels of all three lessons, it will start giving you credits for playing). Anyway, they've now fixed this problem, and I've found it's a great little earner! For playing one round of any of the three games, you get:

Easy - 25
Normal - 50
Hard - 100

So 30 seconds of typing (on the hardest level of basketball) can earn you 100 bills! :thumbsup2

Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know, happy playing :goodvibes

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you all know that BABV are going to be trialing open chat with the Jr Cybear Guides from the 9th of this month. If all goes well, hopefully they will reintroduce it to the game! I'll keep you posted :thumbsup2

OneLittleSpark....your pm box is full!! I see you have a countdown and leave in TWO days!!! Have a safe and wonderful trip!!!!!!!!!!

Open chat is back for Jr. Cybearguides that signed up for the testing!!! :goodvibes

Finally, I can talk if only I had someone to talk to, lol. If anyone is still a Cybearguide and signed up for this, look for me (MickeySassyFriend). Hopefully they will roll it out for everyone soon.

The Open Chat option in BABV will be available for everyone (pending parental approval) as of Sept. 23rd.

With all the concerns about internet gaming safety lately, I appreciate all that BABV has done to educate and protect the people playing this game. Although I was very disappointed when they removed open chat, I know they did so at the expense of losing players and revenue to rework it so that it would be safer. In addition, they have provided in-game Internet Safety Quizzes to help educate players, created parent advisory councils to advise them with game design, provided parental/child safety info via links from the games home page ( http://www.buildabearville.com//safetyTips.html ) and teamed up with Parry Aftab, a leader in internet safety to make their site safer.

I'm impressed with the steps Build-a-Bear has taken with this game and anytime I've had issues with game play, they have been responded to. I don't think a lot of VMKers gave this site much of a chance thinking that they'd have to purchase items to play. There is ample to do there without necessarily purchasing anything and players can trade with others for special items. Considering the monthly fees that other games are charging nowadays that come with nothing but virtual perks, I am quite pleased to support this game by purchasing a stuffed animal that is tangible and getting its bonus items for the game.

If you're considering giving this game a trial, McDonalds will be collaborating with Build-a-Bearville Oct 2-22 with meal toys that come with game codes.

I'm impressed with the steps Build-a-Bear has taken with this game and anytime I've had issues with game play, they have been responded to. I don't think a lot of VMKers gave this site much of a chance thinking that they'd have to purchase items to play. There is ample to do there without necessarily purchasing anything and players can trade with others for special items. Considering the monthly fees that other games are charging nowadays that come with nothing but virtual perks, I am quite pleased to support this game by purchasing a stuffed animal that is tangible and getting its bonus items for the game.

And this is why I prefer Build a bearville to Pixie Hollow. :thumbsup2

Lots of new updates for October out today. I'm really enjoying the new stuff, so I'll probably be playing more this month.

Some of the new things that I noticed are: a new quest, the holiday shop is now open and a new broom ride is available in BVO, piles of leaves are available to jump in, cyberbully awareness month, new fountain prizes, classroom tasks are now crediting properly, and the spooky house is now open with a maze game for an award!

I really like the new maze. One thing I noticed is the wallpaper from that game. It looks VERY similar to the Haunted Mansion wallpaper from Disney. Take a look -

1z4j32b.jpg

We are having so much trouble logging in these days with our 6 year old computer. Sometimes we get an Adobe Flash error message. Other times we just watch the hourglass forever. The new laptop seems to be able to get on, eventually. Is our computer just too old for Buildabearville? We got on most of the time through the summer but this week it's giving us fits!

We are having so much trouble logging in these days with our 6 year old computer. Sometimes we get an Adobe Flash error message. Other times we just watch the hourglass forever. The new laptop seems to be able to get on, eventually. Is our computer just too old for Buildabearville? We got on most of the time through the summer but this week it's giving us fits!

My son and I have trouble logging into BABV from time to time. I read about a trick that seems to help. When you log in you will notice the hour glass appears and has a short time when it gets really slow flipping over and then gets fast again...

Wait to select a den until after the hour glass has gone though that slow spell and has returned to normal speed. If this does not help, try clearing your temp files, but it may take a very long time to log in the first time after you clear your files.

I hope this helps :)

It has happened to us too. We always do like Beherenow says. I also noticed that some dens seems to work better. We used to always choose the less busy den, but now we use the second less busy. We are from Canada, we have like four or five dens to choose from. Sometimes when nothing works, we choose a den from the USA.

I loved the Halloween stuff BABV brought out!
I can't wait until it gets into the full swing of christmas! :)

They changed the loading process and it is so much quicker to get in! I love it! Did anyone notice the new message over Thanksgiving that you get 5 free store credits? You have to print the coupon and go to a store by 12/12. DH actually agreed that we could run to the store next Saturday (45 miles away).

I used to work for build-a-bear and we were REQUIRED to play this... sometimes it was fun but during the beta testing days it was really really boring.... i wish they would have lots of the older animals on there

Did anyone notice the new message over Thanksgiving that you get 5 free store credits? You have to print the coupon and go to a store by 12/12.

Actually, we went there today to use the store credit coupons. There were 3 of us from my family using the coupons, and they had to process each one separately. Each time they used the coupon, it appreared as a store item on the reciept, so we actually got the 5 store credits plus one for each reciept code...not to mention the fact that the 3 reciept codes could be used up to 5 times each.

So lets figure this up -

5+5+5+(3x5)=30 store credits for all 3 of us to use. Now, we just have to decide what we want to spend them on. I'm probably going to get the new moves. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter