Build A Bearville

Congrats to you, too, Jr. CybearGuide TwirlerGirl!!! Everything I learned about being a good leader comes from your fine example in VMK.

I got a sneak peak at the game changes that are coming up for next month and all I can say is WOW! I am so excited about it all. Start saving your credits now because I am sure you'll want to have some soon. paw: :dog2:

Congrats to you, too, Jr. CybearGuide TwirlerGirl!!! Everything I learned about being a good leader comes from your fine example in VMK.

I got a sneak peak at the game changes that are coming up for next month and all I can say is WOW! I am so excited about it all. Start saving your credits now because I am sure you'll want to have some soon. paw: :dog2:

Congrats to all who are Jr. CybearGuides. My DD also passed the test. I took the test once and failed. :rotfl2:

Where did you get the picture taken of your BABV character? I tried the PhotoBooth and it wasn't there. Also how did you get a sneak peek?

Starting October 1st There is a halloween Party at the Farm

Congrats to all who are Jr. CybearGuides. My DD also passed the test. I took the test once and failed.

Where did you get the picture taken of your BABV character? I tried the PhotoBooth and it wasn't there. Also how did you get a sneak peek?

Starting October 1st There is a halloween Party at the Farm

Thank you!

The photo in my siggie was made from a photobooth inside the apple orchard barn. It was only open for a short while one morning before they closed it. I think they were just testing a few things, and my guess is that it will probably be released tomorrow. If you see fallen leaves dotting the streets in the neighborhood and fashion district, you might want to check to see if they opened the barn. The photo booth at the barn would not make posters for your condo, but it would display each photo on a corkboard there. There were several halloween type backgrounds to choose from, and you did not have to worry about your posters from the other photobooth being 'overwritten'.

During the test preview, I saw a sign in the fashion district that was advertizing new clothes to be purchased each week in October! I am giddy because I really hope that means we can have some fun costumes. There was a tester several months back that was trying on unreleased items such as a bear head and mittens (paws?). And there has been a big buzz surrounding the large white 'cartoon gloves' that have yet to be released.

In addition, a car button tab was briefly seen in the inventory screen with confirmation from Maxine that new forms of transportation would be coming, most likely in November.

There's been some new stuff happening and more to come. Bearemy in Town Square, and the Bears in the Skate Park and Fashion district all give you a Friendship Party Tee, Flag and Sign when you click on them and agree to Promote the Friendship party. You can go to the Libeary and register to vote and receive a Registration Card then on November 4th you can vote for the 3 different bears. There will soon be Virtual rides, and a few other great things coming in November. The map has been updated so you can click on the building you want to go to just move the map around with your mouse.

Hi! I haven't been on BBV for a month or two, and I sure did miss a lot!

Did anything important happen in September or October? (Maybe even August)

And where do you get those costumes? Were they freebies?

Sorry if I'm asking a lot, I need to be caught up! lol

I really want a furry friend. :sad1: My friend has one but I no ....Please give me a welcome pass or a birth certificate. Thanks

Today marks the 1 year anniversary of BABV. Bearemy is giving away a special party move, Pawlette is giving away a special 1-year shirt and you can jump from den to den to find unlimited play on the fountain game! In addition, take the train to the North Pole and click on Holly, Hal, Santa and his Mrs. for their free gifts. Yesterday they updated the Paws for Nature magazine and today has a brand new Bearville Times. Bearemy will be counting down for Christmas each day starting Dec.13th with special gifts each day. :santa:

How is Everyone sorry i have not had the time to come on Dis but if you have any questions i am happy to help :)

i have a bear and i logged on and registered and everything, but it says that the safe open chat currently isn't available. is it because i'm not 13 yet?

I have also joined and would like to know that answer to that question as well. And, believe me I am WELL over age 13! :rotfl2:

My name is KimBearySmart11 for anyone who sees me on the game. :)

Kim

It seems that the Open chat feature was removed from the site.

I found this letter on: http://www.buildabearville.com/parents.aspx

October 22, 2008
Subject: Now Offers 'Safe Menu Chat' Only
Dear Interested Parents:
maxine.jpg
I am Maxine Clark, Founder and Chief Executive Bear of Build-A-Bear Workshop®. I founded this company in St. Louis in 1997 and built a business based on integrity, value, fun, and giving back to our community. Build-A-Bear Workshop has been successful because we have listened to our Guests -- children and parents, every step of the way. Child safety is paramount -- we stand with parents to make sure that Build-A-Bearville is a fun and safe place to play -- we put safety first in our stores, in our products, online, and in our virtual world.
I personally want to update you on an important step we have taken to limit the chat capability in buildabearville.com. Until recently, Build-A-Bearville provided parents with two chat options to choose from: 'safe menu chat', for Guests 12 years and younger, and 'safe open chat', for Guests over 13 years old.
Effective October 16, 2008, we disabled 'safe open chat' and now our virtual world Guests can ONLY communicate using 'safe menu chat'. 'Safe menu chat' allows communication using only pre-defined words and phrases; these words and phrases can not be changed. Until technology is available to prevent potential abuse we will continue to use 'safe menu chat'.
Through our ongoing monitoring of the site, we identified abuse of the 'safe open chat' feature. Although our 'safe open chat' option has always blocked inappropriate words, we found it was possible to use a combination of punctuation and otherwise appropriate words to form suggestive expressions that could be interpreted as not appropriate. Since the vast majority of our Guests in Build-A-Bearville use 'safe menu chat', a small number of people were exposed to these unacceptable expressions. This absolutely violated our online safety rules and was not tolerated. The violators were immediately banned from our site and we quickly moved to limit the chat capability to 'safe menu chat' only. We have also taken steps to prevent violators from opening new character accounts on the site.
At Build-A-Bear Workshop safety is our first priority. If you would like to join our Parent's Advisory Panel -- a parent group that from time to time is asked to review and give input on products, services and online features -- please send an email to parentadvisors@buildabear.com. If you have any questions regarding Build-A-Bearville or this change, please contact me at Maxineclark@buildabear.com.
We appreciate your interest in Build-A-Bear Workshop and Build-A-Bearville; it is interested and engaged Guests like yourself that help us do a better job!
Beary truly,
Maxine Clark
Founder and Chief Executive Bear

Thanks so much for the info, JGoof. I can see what their concerns were about the chat, we ALL know how much abuse there was in VMK. :rolleyes:

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter