Build A Bearville

it looks very vmk-ish... can you tell us a bit about it supermonkey?

Thanks for posting, yes please do tell. I love the VMK feel of it from what I can see.

Clearly they created a business model and a marketing strategy. :)

Here is how it's like. You can make friends, make a room, play games. You can get a bear to wear in your backpack but you have to get a code for one. There are also scavenger hunts that gives you stuff when you complete it.
Thats pretty much all i can think of.

Yes You Also Get Free Items T-Shirts and bear coins from ncps around the area.
Todays Free Item Is A Sweat Band

My Name On Bearville is
DanielleBanana27

Random Name@_@

This really is a great game. They've made lots of changes since it started, and it's turning out to be something really cool.

To have full chat privileges instead of a phrase selector, you have to buy a buildabear and register it on the site. When the game launched they offered a free code that activates chat (and gives you 5 stuffed animals to walk around with!)- this was meant to draw in people who already had bears, but if they still have them around they don't really check your past purchases ;)

It is a well thought out game and the company is really into it. There are virtual items linked to just about everything you buy in that store, and your receipt comes with another code for in-game buyables.

There are a lot of similarities to VMK- I think a lot of people would like it!

(TikiIslander knows way too much about this game it seems! :rotfl: )

I just briefly looked around, and its kind of neat, they seem to have lots of mini games too.

i'll be in the bear disco serever :)
also some friends of mine sent them emails asking if they could get a code and they gave them one

My sister has been playing Build-A-Bearville for months now- off and on. I have checked it out a few times. It seems like a very cool and fun place for kids and possibly other ages to play if they wish. I would consider it more like Club Penguin rather than VMK- just because of the more kiddy-friendly feel of the game overall.

You can visit these locations:
  • Bear University
  • Pawforming Arts Center
  • Furbulous Fashion District
  • Pawsitively Green Center
  • Sunshine Shores
  • Skate Park
  • Town Squares
  • Sportsplex
  • Neighborhood
  • Paw Park
  • Friendship Forest
--- These are basic rooms located on the Map, which split to other rooms ---

There are multiple games to play and you can play by yourself or against someone else. These earns you money just like you did in VMK and other online games. With these you can buy clothes, new hair, and even furnitiure for your house, which even includes a personal bedroom for your Build-a-Bear pet (if you have one).

You do have a friends list, which lists your current friends, ignore list, and a list of those people that are in the same room as you ('Nearby') that may or may not be really your friends. You can talk openly or 'whisper' to a specific person in game- as well as send messages to friends. You also have a PDA, which holds messages, game news, badges, high scores, quests, and general options.

You also have 'Moves' or actions that include: Wave, Dance, and Waiting.
There is also a Inventory for you to hold your things.

Overall it's a pretty decent games for kids and you do not need to have purchased a Build-A-Bear to play- although having one in your backpack seems to be the 'cool' thing in the game. :worship:

Thanks Luke for the great description,

What about it do you feel misses that teen appeal? Is it just the cuteness factor or something else?

Logging back in

Aengus-I think it might be the cuteness but there is somthing in it everyone can enjoy. Unlike Gaia and Habbo you can not swear on do stuff little kids are not supposed to know about. It Also Teachs Kids About Recyling with a challange and one of my best points abouts it! Its Free.
Overall its quite a good game:goodvibes

-MissVMK

Okay, so I signed up. Now, how can I get a code without buying a bear? :rolleyes1 hehe It looks interesting. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!