Bug spray in May?

poj7

Mouseketeer
Is it a good idea to bring bug spray to WDW in May or not necessary? Thanks.

Well, I'm sure this won't help you but...I've been going in August and I've never found the need to use it--I bring it just in case though. But in general, I don't recall having any bug trouble during my visits.

--Maren :earsgirl:

The past couple days I have been to Disney have been odd......I went on saturday night and was bothered by bugs. I got bit on the knee by a horsefly I think and my knee has swollen up.....there were an aful amount of bugs we had problems with that night. I dunno if it was just me......

One May trip, I was eaten by mosquitoes. Last year, I did not get a single bite. Maybe you should bring some just in case; seems hit and miss for those buggars!!!!

I just got back yesterday. Tiny black bugs got me. I felt one on my arm. It felt like he was gouging me. I also had a few bites on my legs. I think a light application of bug repellent should do. I wish I'd brought some.

Thank you all for your responses. We'll bring the bug spray just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!