"budget" times for the Fort

wifeofjack

Mouseketeer
I know that Disney prices their resorts and even the campground for different times of the year, with Christmas time and spring break time being the higher priced times to visit. When is the "cheaper" time frame for camping at the fort? It is my dream vacation for Disney to camp there.:yay:

Value season for Fort Wilderness runs through Feb 12 and Aug 3 - Oct 5 excluding Labor day weekend. The rates are good, but I was also able to get a AAA discount.

I had to call to book this trip to ensure I was able the get the AAA discount.

The chart 2goofycampers posted is from a great site. Note that these are the full rack rate and may actually be less when you book. Do not forget to ask if they have nay other discounts or packages.

Enjoy your trip to the Fort. Only another 183 days till ours :goodvibes

All our trips have been in late August or early/mid September to take advantage of value season. Sometimes it has also coincided with free dining.

I will tell you, camping during value season definitely made the trip more affordable for us. Our last trip when we stayed at POP, we flew down, had 2 rooms, arrived Sunday, left Saturday, did 5 days with hoppers in between, and we had the free dining. Between airfare and everything at Disney, we spent about $5k.

This past August trip, we towed our popup down and stayed at the Fort. Arrived on a Sunday and stayed for 11 nights with 10 days of park passes with hoppers AND the water parks and more option. No dining plan - bought groceries and ate a few meals/snacks in the parks with one TS dinner at Boma. All the costs for that trip? Also $5k. So basically, we got twice as many park days for the same amount of spending.

Can't say enough how happy we were in terms of the "bang for our buck" we got camping vs. a Disney hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter