Budget for 3

msr709

DISfan forever
I am going to WDW with DN (16) and my sister (45) in August I will be responsible for DN and myself for food. I budgeted for food $90 per day for both of us. We plan on eating breakfast in room, PS for lunch and counter-service dinners or pizza delivery (niece's favorite meal) and I am on a diet. We are taking Brita Fill n' Go bottles for water and are not big on snacks, maybe popcorn if any, specially in the heat. Should I budget more for food (this is for 5 days/4 nights at ASMo)? Any other suggestions for budget?:)

We are a family of three and usually have a sit down (character) breakfast, a snack in the afternoon and a counterservice dinner and I usually budget about $80-100 per day so I think you are right on the money.

The only budget tip I can think of off the top of my head is to put aside a few dollars a week (I try to do $20) and go get Disney dollars from your local Disney store. I do this every trip and it really adds up but I have been putting cash away this trip and of course there is always some emergency that comes up and I have to dip into my Disney stash so today at lunch its to the Disney store for some Disney dollars so I can't dip into my stash again!

I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Lisa

Thank you ZerasPride, I have a Disney Store very close to work and I will definitely start buying the Disney$, and my niece's birthday is coming up in May, guess what she's getting? Thanks again! :cool:

I think $90 a day will be plenty. Especially if you're eating breakfast in your room. DH, DD (2), and myself are setting aside a budget of $100 a day for food as well as $100 a day for souviners. But this is our very first trip and we're splurging on souviners a little bit. :eek:

My job I only work very part time. @20 hours a week or so. When I get that check it goes to the bank to get cashed then directly to the Disney store and put into Disney Dollars. By doing it this way like ZerasPride stated, you aren't tempted to dip into the Disney fund. It's working well for us so far!!

Good luck and have fun!!!

Misty :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter