Bryce Harper

Congratulations fellow Dodger fans - we didn’t get him. Thoughts and prayers to the Phillies fans.

:rotfl2:

Something Dodgers fans and Giants fans can agree on. Who would have thought it possible?

The dodgers already have Kerchoke. They don't need another high priced regular season superstar whose numbers fall to mediocrity in the playoffs.

I'm like "Ho, hum."

My fearless prediction. Five years or less until a messy acrimonious divorce.

It's Philly. The honeymoon stage will last until his first strike out or until the glove of stone award winner makes an error, whichever comes first.

Last edited:
The phillies have announced new concession prices.

Hot Dog $25 Heated. +$6.
Hamburger $45 comes cooked. Cheese. $5.
Nachos $20. Cheese $5.
BBQ sandwich. $50.
French Fries. $20 Cheese $5 Chili $5.
Popcorn. $12 Small. $20 bucket. $30 Barrell.
Drinks Small $15 Medium $20. Large $30 Cold. + $5.
Yeah, that's funny.

I have season tickets for the Cubs. In 2014 they were $5348.00 for 2 tickets for the season. Five years later the same two seats are now $9325.00. That's a 75% increase over 5 years. That's what winning a World Series does for the fans.

Yeah, that's funny.

I have season tickets for the Cubs. In 2014 they were $5348.00 for 2 tickets for the season. Five years later the same two seats are now $9325.00. That's a 75% increase over 5 years. That's what winning a World Series does for the fans.

Yes, how times have changed. When I was growing up they made hot dogs you buy at the grocery store in the normal 8 pack like Oscar Meyer, but they were called Phillies Franks (think they still make them now). If you bought a package of hot dogs, you got a free ticket to a Phillies game. Of course, they were in the upper level of old Veterans Stadium...probably the worst multi-sport stadium ever built. But still...

You can still get cheap tickets, depending on venue and team. In the 2017 season, the Phils were coming to Atlanta at the end of the year to play the Braves. Both teams were terrible. We got tickets for $5 or $6 each. Bet you can't get that at a Cubs game, no matter what.

Yes, how times have changed. When I was growing up they made hot dogs you buy at the grocery store in the normal 8 pack like Oscar Meyer, but they were called Phillies Franks (think they still make them now). If you bought a package of hot dogs, you got a free ticket to a Phillies game. Of course, they were in the upper level of old Veterans Stadium...probably the worst multi-sport stadium ever built. But still...

You can still get cheap tickets, depending on venue and team. In the 2017 season, the Phils were coming to Atlanta at the end of the year to play the Braves. Both teams were terrible. We got tickets for $5 or $6 each. Bet you can't get that at a Cubs game, no matter what.
The Cubs had this deal last year that you could enter a lottery to buy up to 4 tickets out of a 60-ticket allotment for $10 for every game. 60 tickets out of 41,689 seats. Gee, thanks.

It's Philly. The honeymoon stage will last until his first strike out or until the glove of stone award winner makes an error, whichever comes first.

So by the third home game of the season?? :D

DH and I went to a Monday night Cubs game in August 2016. Third row of upper level along the third base line in the outfield. I think the tickets cost $45 thru the Cubs website or whatever system they used. For curiosity, in 2017, after the World Series win, I checked ticket prices for a similar type game in the same area of the stadium and saw that the price rose to $85.

I'm pretty sure Phillies Franks are still sold in some supermarkets in the greater Philly area.

319048.jpg

The free ticket with the hot dogs was for General Admission at the Vet. Rows 10 and higher of the 700 level. General admission only cost about $5 anyway, but it was still fun to get in free. I went to about 7 or 8 games using the coupons. Apparently the franks were made by a company called Medford Meats back then. Now they're made by Hatfield.

s-l225.jpg

And speaking of Philly Franks, does anyone remember Frank's sodas?

s-l300.jpg
upload_2019-3-1_17-45-38.jpeg

If the Phillies win, philly fans will love him...

If they lose, they'll hate him...

People aren't that complicated....

So by the third home game of the season?? :D

DH and I went to a Monday night Cubs game in August 2016. Third row of upper level along the third base line in the outfield. I think the tickets cost $45 thru the Cubs website or whatever system they used. For curiosity, in 2017, after the World Series win, I checked ticket prices for a similar type game in the same area of the stadium and saw that the price rose to $85.

I'm pretty sure Phillies Franks are still sold in some supermarkets in the greater Philly area.

319048.jpg

The free ticket with the hot dogs was for General Admission at the Vet. Rows 10 and higher of the 700 level. General admission only cost about $5 anyway, but it was still fun to get in free. I went to about 7 or 8 games using the coupons. Apparently the franks were made by a company called Medford Meats back then. Now they're made by Hatfield.

s-l225.jpg

And speaking of Philly Franks, does anyone remember Frank's sodas?

s-l300.jpg
View attachment 385742
Black Cherry Wishniak is my favorite soda! I remember getting it at the Beer Distributor every Saturday!

I thought he clearly didn’t want to play in philly. That doesn’t seem to be the case. He had a offer from the dodgers for four years for 180 million dollars. 150 less than he got from the Phillies but 9 years less time. He could of surely made more money if he signed with the dodgers for the four years. Than got another big contract after that.

Just read where Bryce is going to take
Home after taxes is around 9.6 million a year. Of course it’s a lot of money but has to be a letdown your going to make 25 million a year but only bring home 9.6. Of course I wished I had that problem.

Home after taxes is around 9.6 million a year. Of course it’s a lot of money but has to be a letdown your going to make 25 million a year but only bring home 9.6. Of course I wished I had that problem.
The whole country thanks him!

And still there are those who think people in that bracket pa
And still there are people that want earners in his income bracket to pay even more. Don’t forget his agent fees also.

Oh well, if that's how it shakes out, so be it. It's a shame as he would make a great Phillie, but other free agents will become available or trades can happen.

I’m reading that Bryce wants two weeks off in August for a cruise. Said he didn’t know if he was going to play this year so he made a family vacation in August.

Of course, they were in the upper level of old Veterans Stadium...probably the worst multi-sport stadium ever built. But still...

I don't know about that, I grew up watching the Indians in Cleveland Municipal Stadium. That place was huge and often very empty. We could get free tickets for A's on our report card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter