Brown Derby and CA Grill back to back?

Brown Derby or Backlot Express if California Grill is in 5 hrs?

• Hollywood Brown Derby

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Backlot Express

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

MousetersInc

Mouseketeer
On our HS day we're thinking to make a partial day of it, come back to the WL and enjoy the resort, then go over to the California Grill for dinner. The dilemma: where do you eat in HS? My first answer would be HBD, but looking at the menu, I'd be tempted to stuff my face with a huge meal... and that's exactly the same thing in 5 hrs at CG. We'll be rolling!

Is Backlot Express as decent as it sounds? Or should we risk explosion?

Risk it. I never cared for the Backlot but one time they had pressed sandwiches which were very good and others seem to like it enough. I think if you go a bit easy at lunch you can handle California Grill. The portions there are not really big.

I would stop into the Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge as an alternative to a big lunch in the Brown Derby restaurant. They have a great selection of small plates and cocktails, and you have the option to order off the regular restaurant menu too. Seating is outside, first-come, first-served, and makes for some great people watching. We visit here at least once every trip - it's a welcome oasis in the park!

I would stop into the Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge as an alternative to a big lunch in the Brown Derby restaurant. They have a great selection of small plates and cocktails, and you have the option to order off the regular restaurant menu too. Seating is outside, first-come, first-served, and makes for some great people watching. We visit here at least once every trip - it's a welcome oasis in the park!

^^^ This ^^^

On our HS day we're thinking to make a partial day of it, come back to the WL and enjoy the resort, then go over to the California Grill for dinner. The dilemma: where do you eat in HS? My first answer would be HBD, but looking at the menu, I'd be tempted to stuff my face with a huge meal... and that's exactly the same thing in 5 hrs at CG. We'll be rolling!

Is Backlot Express as decent as it sounds? Or should we risk explosion?
Go to Brown Derby to try it.

Then taking the boat to Contemporary (CA Grill) from Wilderness is lovely. You can enjoy the ambiance of the grand space with a glass of bold-wine and light-dinner centered around salad & sushi....even after food from Brown Derby.

FWIW, you can have the Cobb Salad at Brown Derby and have a huge meal at CA Grill.

"Different strokes, " as they say......

Go to both. Next time, you'll pick just one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter