Brought back maps from DL - anybody need any? Also: Buzz rant

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Folks, I often offer to send people DL maps from the park. Part of the reason is that I think members here enjoy having their maps mailed directly from Disneyland. However, today I brought home several (8 DL, 4 DCA). If anyone would like a set, please message me directly with your preferred mailing address (domestic only, please, due to postage costs (unless you can make a compelling case)). Unless otherwise specified, I'll send two DL maps.

And a bit of self indulgence: the scoreboard from Buzz today. I scored far better than what's shown here but only about a third of my scores came through today, which is typical lately. Nearly all of them were in the upper 1-millions and one was just over 2M. Very frustrating. I plan to call Guest Relations once again next week. The Buzz scoring system fails miserably. I'm told that the scoring is handled by an Windows XP server (an OS that's no longer supported, btdubs) in Dallas. Prior to that, scores go to NYC for some reason. Is anyone surprised that scores get dropped?

AC53C943-FFB0-42BA-A01F-E1CBB366DCC5.jpeg

Do you think they don’t correct it because they’d don’t want us Average joes getting discouraged?
I’m going to call too!

Maybe this will be unpopular but...We’re headed into one of the busiest seasons for Disneyland and the people at Guest Services are going to be absolutely inundated with work. Are you both seriously going to call them because you didn’t get credited for points on a children’s ride? Give these people a break, I beg of you. It’s just a game, and it’s just meant to be for fun.

Maybe this will be unpopular but...We’re headed into one of the busiest seasons for Disneyland and the people at Guest Services are going to be absolutely inundated with work. Are you both seriously going to call them because you didn’t get credited for points on a children’s ride? Give these people a break, I beg of you. It’s just a game, and it’s just meant to be for fun.
Not unpopular with me. It's one thing to complain about the scoring here, although I find it pointless to be perfectly honest, but that's what this board is for, to express our love and frustration. But to bug Disney about something like this just seems like a waste of time. The scores are all for fun, and why should you waste Disney's time, because your ego might be hurt?

I'm not a high scorer, but I think simply that dedicated players should be able to see their scores- they pony up time and money visiting the parks, more than I do, and more than many visitors..why is their complaint less important than someone else's? Isn't something like this the whole reason for guest services?

But to bug Disney about something like this just seems like a waste of time. The scores are all for fun, and why should you waste Disney's time, because your ego might be hurt?

I would counter this by saying that for guests who visit frequently and/or solo getting a score that will be on the leaderboard is part of the fun and it. Plus Disney needs to be aware that something is not working properly. Scores are technically part of your ride photo for Buzz, regardless of the leaderboard I'm sure other people are upset that their scores did not come through, especially if it was their only chance to go on the ride during the trip.

Isn't something like this the whole reason for guest services?

No. As someone who uses guest services for disability access, the idea that I would have to wait in even longer lines at Guest Services than normal because adults are complaining about not getting credit for game scores is ridiculous. It’s an incredibly busy season and these workers are human beings. At the very least wait until January, for God’s sake.

Last edited:
No. As someone who uses guest services for disability access, the idea that I would have to wait in even longer lines at Guest Services than normal because adults are complaining about not getting credit for game scores is ridiculous. It’s an incredibly busy season and these workers are human beings. At the very least wait until January, for God’s sake.

I understand why you're upset but both the above posters said they were going to call Disneyland guest services. I fail to see how this will seriously impact the line at City Hall. Also to go one step farther, I'd say someone waiting in line for a complaint, regardless of what reason, is more valid than those waiting at guest services for buttons that are available at most shops.

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree on two levels- I don't see how my calling in is going to change the line situation at City Hall, and also I think everyone should be treated fairly with their issues and requirements.

For many (including me and my kids), the real fun on Buzz is the scoring. When we go to get our ride photos and scores for bragging rights we are always disappointed when it doesn’t work. Seems pretty silly to complain about someone reporting a malfunctioning ride to Disney.

I feel like the quality of the photos has drastically decreased as well. We didn’t even bother sending the picture to ourselves this past trip because they were all so blurry you couldn’t even tell who it was in the picture. Such a bummer because the buzz photo has been such a tradition for our family. I’ve enjoyed watching all my babies grow up throughout the years through those photos (and watching their scores go up year by year).

I really hope they can get all components of this awesome ride together and I feel like it’s a valid complaint to guest services.

I also have to wait for a DAS pass. I don’t assume that my needs are more important than others in line or get upset at those resolving issues that I deem lesser than my own. Guest services is there for all guests. I also am not a high scorer on Buzz but I find competing with my husband each time we go to be fun. I have noticed the ride photos quality has gotten terrible over the years. Maybe the scores or free ride photos don’t matter much to you but if it is part of the joy of another guests day and it matters to them well their money is just as good as yours. So they’re as equal of a guest with a right to voice their concerns at guest services. I don’t know what up with this silliness about it being a kids ride only and therefor not important. Like Disneyland and this ride aren’t for everyone or like kids couldn’t want their scores to show up? Naw to both of those assumptions.

Honestly? Yes, I am going to judge an adult whining about not getting their points on a game to a harried worker at a busy park. And yes, I do believe that equal access to the park for disabled people is more important than such a complaint. Go figure. ‍

I would counter this by saying that for guests who visit frequently and/or solo getting a score that will be on the leaderboard is part of the fun and it. Plus Disney needs to be aware that something is not working properly. Scores are technically part of your ride photo for Buzz, regardless of the leaderboard I'm sure other people are upset that their scores did not come through, especially if it was their only chance to go on the ride during the trip.

Agreed. I happened to see other people's pic and many of them didn't come with scores either.

Honestly? Yes, I am going to judge an adult whining about not getting their points on a game to a harried worker at a busy park. And yes, I do believe that equal access to the park for disabled people is more important than such a complaint. Go figure. ‍
He's not whining to a harried worker at a busy park. He's calling a phone number at a call center. Which is there for the express purpose of being called by people who have issues. Any kind of issue. The person who takes the call is no more harried than anyone else taking calls at that call center.

You can also get a DAS issued at one of the kiosks in the park (the ones where you get return times), FYI. MUCH faster than waiting at City Hall.

For what it's worth, I've found the scoring and competitive aspect of Buzz to be a good learning experience for my SN kid. When the scores don't come through, it's disappointing as well. Honestly, if I'd had the time, I would've complained on our last trip as well!

He's not whining to a harried worker at a busy park. He's calling a phone number at a call center. Which is there for the express purpose of being called by people who have issues. Any kind of issue. The person who takes the call is no more harried than anyone else taking calls at that call center.

Thank you! :-). Quite so. In fact, the person in question called me. I mailed a letter a few weeks ago. The woman from Guest Experiences called me to discuss the problems with Buzz. She was very nice, very helpful.

As an aside, I was at the park yesterday and am acquainted with a number of CMs. One at Buzz told me that the attraction needs to be overhauled completely; that there are several problems with it.

As an aside, I was at the park yesterday and am acquainted with a number of CMs. One at Buzz told me that the attraction needs to be overhauled completely; that there are several problems with it.

I have to agree. We used to ride Buzz a lot when our kids were smaller. We rode it once this past trip. I was shocked at the condition of the ride. It almost makes me wonder if they are going to remove it? I've heard rumblings of a Tomorrowland overhaul coming after Star Wars Land....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter