Broken leg help

ElliottsMomma

Earning My Ears
hi Everyone!
This past weekend in a completely freak accident I broke my tibia, fibula and ankle. Tibia is now a rod and screws. I am going to Disney World for a week in November and I will most likely be able to weight bear but will need a scooter to get around. What do I need to know the good the bad and the ugly? I’m looking at rentals now. I will be in a boot up to my knee so I’m guessing flight of passage will be out? Anything else? Soarin?

In Soaring your legs and feet hang down unsupported. If you think you can have your booted foot hang down for the 5.5 minutes of the ride or if you can support it by balancing it on top of your other foot, you can ride. I would ask to be in the front row because then you can drive your ECV to right in front of your seat, hop off and hobble just a couple of steps to get seated. A cast member will take your ECV away and then bring it back when the ride ends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!