Brits guide to Orlando 2018...

sam_rogers

painting with all the colours of the wind
Hi,

Does anyone know when the Brits guides are normally released for the following year? We're going next year and my last Brits guide was for 2012...slightly outdated now...and I'd like to get a new one for our next trip :goodvibes:goodvibes

The unofficial guide to Walt Disney World is out in a few days (8th Aug) and is probably the most comprehensive guide. Birnbaum Disney World book for 2018 is on pre-order for mid-September and has both the kids and adult versions. I have the Brits Orlando guide for 2017 but couldn't see a publication date on it and Amazon doesn't seem to have the 2018 version up yet.

The unofficial guide to Walt Disney World is out in a few days (8th Aug) and is probably the most comprehensive guide. Birnbaum Disney World book for 2018 is on pre-order for mid-September and has both the kids and adult versions. I have the Brits Orlando guide for 2017 but couldn't see a publication date on it and Amazon doesn't seem to have the 2018 version up yet.

great minds, we must have been posting at exactly the same time!

The only issue with the Unofficial guide is its text heavy so no photos but its massive (over 800 pages!!). The Birnbaum one is cute as has photos / snippets of information and this kids version has games etc so great for younger kids who want to help plan the adventure.

The Brits 2017 guide does cover other attractions in Orlando such as Busch gardens / Kennedy Space centre but doesn't have a lot of info on Pandora but does mention it. The vouchers at the back expire at the end of this year though so of that's something you'd want then id keep an eye on Amazon. If you're none to fussed about those then then the 2017 book would probably be fine for most attraction and be a bit more up to date. Would your local library have a copy perhaps?

I've never bought the other guides, so I cannot compare, but I find the Easy guide to be excellent:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/**********.../B01KE4ZPNS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502108711
It has the knowledge of easywdw and ************** combined. Authors are finished the changes for the 2018 edition, so it should be out soon with updated touring plans for Pandora.

Thanks for your input everyone!! Maybe I'll give the unofficial guide a go! I've had a couple of Brits guides in the past for Orlando and new York but got the unofficial guide to universal Orlando last year and found that useful! I don't think I've ever really made use of the vouchers in the back of the Brits guide anyway so I won't really be missing out on that. Thanks everyone :thumbsup2

he only issue with the Unofficial guide is its text heavy so no photos but its massive (over 800 pages!!)

Hi

It's available on Kindle, as are most of them, get the phone app and the weight is reduced :-)

regards
Paul

Sorry to come onto this post!.. Is it worth getting it even if I'm going in 2 months time?! It looks massive and a big read. Happy planning :teeth:

Sorry to come onto this post!.. Is it worth getting it even if I'm going in 2 months time?! It looks massive and a big read. Happy planning :teeth:
Definitely, I got the universal Orlando one a couple of months before we went and picked up a lot from it.

Definitely. I have probably had 5 copies of Unofficial Guide over the years and read from cover to cover despite going so often. I always buy a copy for my friends when they visit and all have said that its a great book.

Just a heads up, received a email from Amazon saying the delivery date for the Unoffical guide has been put back to 5th September 2018.

Another update, the Unofficial Guide for 2018 is now available (just got the dispatch notification from Amazon so should arrive today or tomorrow).

Another update, the Unofficial Guide for 2018 is now available (just got the dispatch notification from Amazon so should arrive today or tomorrow).
I ended up ordering mine through waterstones (hello giftcard!!) so hopefully mine will be here soon too!

Got mine today from Amazon. Probably not all that much new stuff in there but it's the first one I've bought for a few years. I'm such a geek I love reading them anyway!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts