Britax B-Agile vs City Mini

lynzi2004

DIS Veteran
I need some honest opinions here. We are looking at buying a new stroller car seat combo. I've kind of had my heart set on a City Mini but DH found an awesome deal on a Britax B-Agile. Pros and cons for one vs the other? This is our 3rd baby and I had a Chicco set with the first two. It was ok, but I fell in love with the ease and weight of the city mini when I saw them at Disney!

I need some honest opinions here. We are looking at buying a new stroller car seat combo. I've kind of had my heart set on a City Mini but DH found an awesome deal on a Britax B-Agile. Pros and cons for one vs the other? This is our 3rd baby and I had a Chicco set with the first two. It was ok, but I fell in love with the ease and weight of the city mini when I saw them at Disney!

We have a B-Agile but not a City Mini so I can't really compare the two, but they look similar to me. I love the B-Agile because it's so easy to push and steer, but it's still pretty big when it's folded. At the time we bought it, the B-Agile was a new model for Britax yet there were City Minis everywhere and I wanted something that would stand out in the stroller parking areas (ours is red).

However, I will say that both of my boys have preferred our Maclaren to the B-Agile, I think because it sits them up higher/straighter. That one is easy to push, too, and it's easy to fold and folds compactly.

We started out with a Chicco stroller/car seat combo, too, and if I had to do it all over again, I would've started with the Chicco car seat, one of those snap-in strollers for when my kids were infants, and the Maclaren for when they were older.

We have a B-Agile but not a City Mini so I can't really compare the two, but they look similar to me. I love the B-Agile because it's so easy to push and steer, but it's still pretty big when it's folded. At the time we bought it, the B-Agile was a new model for Britax yet there were City Minis everywhere and I wanted something that would stand out in the stroller parking areas (ours is red).

However, I will say that both of my boys have preferred our Maclaren to the B-Agile, I think because it sits them up higher/straighter. That one is easy to push, too, and it's easy to fold and folds compactly.

We started out with a Chicco stroller/car seat combo, too, and if I had to do it all over again, I would've started with the Chicco car seat, one of those snap-in strollers for when my kids were infants, and the Maclaren for when they were older.

Yeah I have the now discontinued Bob Motion (which is essentially similar to the B-Agile) and my daughter is constantly pulling herself forward.

Yeah I have the now discontinued Bob Motion (which is essentially similar to the B-Agile) and my daughter is constantly pulling herself forward.

Good to know! Thanks! My MIL has a Macleran but I haven't used it more than for a few min at a time. I will have to try it!

Good to know! Thanks! My MIL has a Macleran but I haven't used it more than for a few min at a time. I will have to try it!

I loved mine as part of the travel set (where the car seat clicks in super easily) and when she was younger. When the canopy is fully retracted she doesn't seem to mind that she's not at a 90 degree angle...

I have a question about the Maclaren XT Techno Single I am looking to rent one for our upcoming Disney trip and the weight limit says to 55 pounds. My grandson is about 58 pounds. I was wondering if that will be a problem? Last year we rented the Mini GT and I felt it was too bulky on the Disney buses but it was very easy to push so if I have to go with that one I will. Any help would be appreciated!!

We have the B-Agile and LOVE it, can't wait to take it to Disney in a few days. However, make sure you get the latest model (if there is one). We have the 2016 and they recalled the carseat adapters. They didn't replace them. So we couldn't use it as a travel system. This was fine after our youngest was old enough to sit in the seat, but it was a pain for awhile. Just be sure!
I think they are very similar, like almost identical. You can't go wrong either way. I think if I could go back, I would do the city mini, just because of the recall. But a good deal is hard to pass up on.

So I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the b-Agile, I’m excited to get it in. My only concern is if I would rather have a double so that one of my older kids could ride. I’m looking at the B-Ready...any thoughts with those?!

Thanks for the replies all ready!!

So I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the b-Agile, I’m excited to get it in. My only concern is if I would rather have a double so that one of my older kids could ride. I’m looking at the B-Ready...any thoughts with those?!

I bought my son and his wife the b-agile and she loves it, taking it to Disney this week for 16 days. She likes how it folded, the fact the car seat and the seat can face forward or backwards to face the person pushing it. I didn’t want to take it on the plane because I was afraid it would get scuffed ect going under the plane, I’ve read a lot about broken wheels ect. So my dil said she was going to order a bag for it, so I ordered one for it. So I’m not worried anymore. It is also red. The one thing I’m not impressed with is the basket underneath isn’t very big imo. I didn’t know about the car seat click in recall. We’ve only had it since the baby shower in April, but it is a bit rocky when you click either peice into the stroller. But nothing bad. Grandson just turned 5 months old. So we’ll see how it works for the plane on Thursday I guess.

They sent us the B-Ready when our B-Agile double got recalled. I do NOT like it. I used it as a single for awhile, but I didn't like it as a double. Whichever kid sits in the back is basically sitting on the floor, and their only view is the back of the other seat. We tried putting our oldest in the front/up top and we had the carseat adapter for the back/bottom. When we wanted to get the baby out of the carseat, we had to remove the seat first, then get her out, then put it back on. Also, no storage, because the baby is basically in the storage bin.
Sorry, kinda got on my soap box there. I just don't want anyone else to have the same bad experience we did, especially with how expensive it is.

They sent us the B-Ready when our B-Agile double got recalled. I do NOT like it. I used it as a single for awhile, but I didn't like it as a double. Whichever kid sits in the back is basically sitting on the floor, and their only view is the back of the other seat. We tried putting our oldest in the front/up top and we had the carseat adapter for the back/bottom. When we wanted to get the baby out of the carseat, we had to remove the seat first, then get her out, then put it back on. Also, no storage, because the baby is basically in the storage bin.
Sorry, kinda got on my soap box there. I just don't want anyone else to have the same bad experience we did, especially with how expensive it is.

Good to know! Thanks!

I love our City Mini travel system! The car-seat is very easy to install with or WIHTOUT the base (great for traveling!!) and it's super easy to attach to the stroller with the adapters. The adapters come on and off easily for when you want to use the stroller without the car seat. The City mini was a dream to use in Disney, especially on the busses! Its so easy to maneuver through big crowds, and it folds up quickly and compactly for the buses. I love being able to lower it flat for stroller naps, and the sun shade is huge!

We also purchased the travel bag for the stroller, since we would be flying with it. It worked great at the airport, and when we got to our terminal, it broke-down so fast to put in the carry-bag for gate check. We had no problems with it at all, and the bag protected it while flying.

The stroller also works as a travel system with lots of other car seats, so if you don't like the City Go, there's tons of other seats that are compatible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter