Bringing own ECV to ASmo, have ?'s

BlindTyldak

WoW-geek
We'll be bringing my husbands ECV with us on our trip in November, and will be staying at ASMo. I've got a couple of concerns about it . . . first of all, I remember the rooms were very small, and it hit me last night that there may not be enough room to park it and still navigate around the room without constantly hopping over a bed. Has anyone else brought their own ECV and stayed in one of the AS properties who can say how well it worked out while you were in the room?

My other concern is the busses, since they pick up at all three resorts. Should we have to be worried about being stuck at the resort or parks waiting for a bus with an empty w/c space? My DH has a hard enough time with the heat as it is with his MS and I'm worried he'd be completely worn out before even getting to the parks if we have to wait for 5 or 6 busses to go by. :/

Between both of these, I'm almost wondering if I should upgrade to CSR (which I've stayed at and love, but we spend so little time at the hotel it's kind of a waste of money for us) . . . it's more money than we originally budgeted for, and I'll be the first to say it would kind of irk me to spend significantly more money than we originally would for accessibility. :sad2: Advice?

I have stayed in a value with an ECV. You might have to move a table, but it can be parked close to inside the door. You once you plug in the charger there should be no problem. The most likely parking place would be between one bed and the window. It might mean that nobody can get into or off the bed on that side, but that would be the only difficulty.

I've have stayed at sports and music with ecv no problems .. One night at closing of one of the parks the line was long one of the drivers call for another bus and they loaded my ecv the let everyone else on .. No problems..
I also stayed at the Pop ( if you are worried about sharing a bus)
As for parking in the rooms you may have to move the table over alittle ..

We were at ASMu 3 weeks ago. I had no problem parking and charging the ECV at all. We moved the small table and 2 chairs as close to the dresser as possible and was able to back the ECV up against the wall between the window and the table with plenty of room to move about. Only once in our 10 days did I have to wait for more then 2 buses [got the 3rd one], once I got the 2nd bus, every other time I got the 1st bus to arrive at the bus stop. I also have MS and have some problems coping with the sun and heat but thanks to Disney transportation I only suffered some mild inconvience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter