Bringing a friend for you child??

wdwdreaming

Earning My Ears
My oldest son (14) asked if he could bring a friend with him? I'd love to do that, BUT we already have reservations at Coronado and YC. BTW, we have a 5 yr. old also, so that will give us a party of 5 people...there is the problem. I know my 14yr. old will have a better time with his friend in toe, but....
To legally take 5 people in a room the only other moderate we can choose is PO Riverside...no offense to anyone, that just doesn't appeal to me. I know we can take the 5 to YC...but no way we can move all nights (10) to YC to much $$$$.
Does anyone have any other suggestions...other mods. that I don't know about, etc.???
Thanks!!! You can email me privately if you wish.... Funfoodparties@aol.com

Our family is now down to our 12 yo daugther, the rest have flown the coop. To help her have a good time and not be stuct with her "parents" we are taking one of her friends this time. So the idea of having somebody their age does make a hugh difference.

Now as to where to stay because of the party size, have you considered renting points from a DVC member and staying at at DVC resort? Go to the DVC board and see what's available point cost.

For our trip in Dec 2001, my 11 year old daughter brought a friend. We have two other children ages 7 and 4. So we had a total of 6 people for this vacation. We stayed for 9 days. We went the "two connecting rooms" route. Because of this, we choose the All-Star. Not my favorate place to stay, but the two rooms and two bathrooms were AWESOME!!!! Me and my husband stayed in one room and the four kids in the other. When ever we wanted privacy, we just shut the door between our rooms. The kids thought it was REALLY cool to have their "own" room. Having two bathrooms really cut down on the morning and nightly rituals. On our next Disney World trip we are staying at the Boardwalk, and I'm a little concerned about going back to only one bathroom. (I got spoiled) To bad we can't afford two rooms at the Boardwalk. Anyway, my daughter really enjoyed having a friend with her. The only problem is 1. It's expensive to add another person, and 2. Now my son, the 7year old, wants to know when he can bring a friend. I had to tell my daughter that this does not mean she can bring a friend every time we go on vacation. Good luck with your decision.

I was just checking for 5 people rooms the other day and PO-R is the only mod available to you. I decided that two All-Star rooms would work best for us. For one I love the Movies resort as does my sister (6). The other people we are taking with us this time (mom, grandmas, cousin) have either never been to the world or never stayed on site. In other vacations we never stay in anything other than Motel 6, etc. so I know they will be happy with it as well. The two all-star rooms are about the same price (or cheaper depending on the discounts) as one mod room. Plus, you get all of the benefits mommyto3 was talking about.

If you can swing it, I would say go for it. I know you DS would be thrilled if he had a friend along.

Here's another vote for either 2 rooms at the All Stars or renting points from a DVC member. We let our DS take a friend along on one of our trips - they were both 8 yo at the time. We were only there for 4 nights but the novelty and fun of it had begun to wear thin for both boys by the time we got home. Of course, 14 year olds will probably be able to handle that much "togetherness" a lot longer than 8 year olds. But having some extra space for everyone to spread out at the end of the day would probably be a very good idea - especially for a 10 day trip.

BTW, this can be addictive.:D My DS has forgotten all about the down side to taking a friend along and wants to invite the same friend to go with us this summer. And, as mommyto3 mentioned, this can get expensive. Good luck - hope everything works out.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter