Bringing 2 magic bands to a park

Kaarup

Mouseketeer
I searched, I can't find. Sorry if this has been addressed.

I would like to bring a red band and a blue band into the Magic Kingdom to coordinate with my outfits. I plan to wear the blue band to enter the park, then change to the red band when I change my outfit for MNSSHP at 4 pm. Will that mess up my fast passes for the time between 4pm and the start of the party? or is it ok to change band colors while at the park? TIA for your patience!!!

The MB is just an access point to your MDE account, so as long as they are both registered to your same profile on the same MDE account, you will be fine.

The only reason you'd want to stick to one is if you are planning to play Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom - the actual band you use to start the game must be used throughout the game. We were playing across 3 park days and one day I swapped bands and could not use that band for the game. Fortunately I was playing with DD8 and she had the right band on for our game. I wish they'd link the games to MDE instead of the physical band!

Last trip I wore my Ariel original MagicBand but carried my new purple MB in my purse so that my ride photos would link automatically.

The only reason you'd want to stick to one is if you are planning to play Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom - the actual band you use to start the game must be used throughout the game. We were playing across 3 park days and one day I swapped bands and could not use that band for the game. Fortunately I was playing with DD8 and she had the right band on for our game. I wish they'd link the games to MDE instead of the physical band!
This is why I always have them link the game to my AP card. I like to coordinate my MB to what I'm wearing so I don't wear the same color every day. I always have my AP card with me for discounts so I don't need to worry about which MB I'm wearing when I go to MK. Didn't have this problem when they gave you a special Sorcerer's Key card to activate the portals to play the game.

the only thing that happens is you'll show up multiple times on ride scans. I always bring spare bands in case we lose one (my son did lose one fidgeting with it on space mountain) so we don't have to interrupt our trip to deal with it and you will see our names show up multiple times on IASW and rides that scan your bands like that. I also get multiple ride pics sometimes in my photopass account. I finally realized it must be the extra bands in my bag. no problem with fastpasses though.

31464373438_c1a80b3432_z.jpg

If you look at my son's wrists you will notice that he has on two magic bands. He did this our whole trip. I have another picture with him with four magic bands on his wrists if you'd like to see it. But it never impacted anything in a negative way. You will be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter