Brief report and some AP info from the park (last for awhile) + pics

Glad to hear that you arrived safely. I will miss your reports, I enjoy DLR according to WonkaKid. Good luck on your script. I think you should write a book about your Disneyland adventures, because when I read your posts it makes me think that when I grow up I'd like to be you :).

Thank you for the pictures, as always I love seeing the park from your view :) How crazy is it that I took my granny to the Sac airport to go to Chicago today!? She landed around 4:30, but I had to leave to take her at 6:00 am for her 10:00 am flight and then drove back two hours home. My granny is in Chicago with you right now, lol. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family. I bet they are excited to have you!

There is no discount for renewing your pass. They eliminated the renewal discount in Feb 2018. If you are ready to renew your pass early, just buy an Annual Pass voucher now, you have a full 365 days from purchase to redeem it and your Annual Pass will be valid for a full 365 days from date of redemption. The only benefit you have waiting until your 40 day window to renew is if you have the SoCal Pass or have the grand fathered Signature AP Photopass or annual parking add-on benefit or if you want to downgrade your pass and still have the ability to purchase the parking add-on.

So I thought I would receive the grandfathered Photopass when I renewed in October but they told me they'd done away with it :headache:. Instead, they're giving all Signatures free parking now (not grandfathered, just given to everyone). Was I given the wrong information? I went Dec 3-6 and no longer had free PP so I assumed it was true.

So I thought I would receive the grandfathered Photopass when I renewed in October but they told me they'd done away with it :headache:. Instead, they're giving all Signatures free parking now (not grandfathered, just given to everyone). Was I given the wrong information? I went Dec 3-6 and no longer had free PP so I assumed it was true.

Signature always had parking included.

Signature has always had parking, but they discontinued including PhotoPass with it (for new passes or renewals on passes that have expired) around the time they launched MaxPass.

If you had and have maintained a Signature Annual Pass prior to July 19th, 2017 (The day MaxPass launched) you have the Signature PhotoPass benefit. If you upgrade, downgrade, or let your pass expire you lose it.

The Signature Pass has always had parking included. When Disney replaced the Premium Annual Pass with the Signature and Signature Plus Passes they also eliminated the option to purchase the Annual Parking benefit for New Deluxe, SoCal, and SoCal select pass holders.

Last edited:
If you had and have maintained a Signature Annual Pass prior to July 19th, 2017 (The day MaxPass launched) you have the Signature PhotoPass benefit. If you upgrade, downgrade, or let your pass expire you lose it.

The Signature Pass has always had parking included. When Disney replaced the Premium Annual Pass with the Signature and Signature Plus Passes they also eliminated the option to purchase the Annual Parking benefit for New Deluxe, SoCal, and SoCal select pass holders.
I did maintain a Signature Pass that included the photopass option, but they have removed my PP benefit. I was told that it was no longer grandfathered in. Sounds like I need to make a call?

I did maintain a Signature Pass that included the photopass option, but they have removed my PP benefit. I was told that it was no longer grandfathered in. Sounds like I need to make a call?

Yes you should. It is clearly states that you are entitled to that benefit in the Annual Pass terms and conditions.

DISNEY PHOTOPASS BENEFIT: The Disney PhotoPass® Passholder benefit is included with the Disney Signature Passports purchased prior to July 19, 2017 and with the Disney Signature Passports that already have such benefit and are timely renewed back into Disney Signature Passports. Disney Signature Passholders who have the Disney PhotoPass® Passholder benefit and who do not renew their Passports on time or who renew into a different type of Passport will lose the benefit and not be able to purchase the benefit at a later time. Any Disney Signature Passports purchased after July 19, 2017 will not include the Disney PhotoPass® Passholder benefit. With this benefit, each eligible Passholder may download all of his/her Disney PhotoPass® photos that are linked to that Passholder’s Disney account and captured while such Passport is valid for admission to a Disneyland® Theme Park. See https://disneyland.disney.go.com/photopass-terms-conditions/ for terms and conditions and the expiration policy for this Disney PhotoPass® benefit. Online registration required. Downloads are restricted to personal use by Passholder only and may not be used for a commercial purpose. The Disney PhotoPass®benefit will expire when the Pass it is associated with expires. The Disney PhotoPass benefit is nonrefundable, nontransferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If, at any time, other Passport holders are offered the opportunity to purchase this benefit, the value of any separate ticket media may not be used toward such purchase.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/annual-passport-terms-conditions/

There is no discount for renewing your pass. They eliminated the renewal discount in Feb 2018. If you are ready to renew your pass early, just buy an Annual Pass voucher now, you have a full 365 days from purchase to redeem it and your Annual Pass will be valid for a full 365 days from date of redemption. The only benefit you have waiting until your 40 day window to renew is if you have the SoCal Pass or have the grand fathered Signature AP Photopass or annual parking add-on benefit or if you want to downgrade your pass and still have the ability to purchase the parking add-on.

I currently have a deluxe which expires in May and I have no plans to renew because I'll be blocked most of the summer anyway.

If I buy a voucher (where do I buy a voucher???) now, do you mean I can hold onto it until after summer 2019 and then "activate" it around that time?

I currently have a deluxe which expires in May and I have no plans to renew because I'll be blocked most of the summer anyway.

If I buy a voucher (where do I buy a voucher???) now, do you mean I can hold onto it until after summer 2019 and then "activate" it around that time?

You can buy Annual Pass vouchers on the Disneyland website. And yes, you can buy an Annual Pass today via the Disneyland website and activate the pass later in 2019 (You have 365 days from purchase to make your first visit).

Yes you should. It is clearly states that you are entitled to that benefit in the Annual Pass terms and conditions.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/annual-passport-terms-conditions/
Thank you for the information, Ryan120420! I called and had my PP reinstated. I had renewed my pass over the phone, hoping to use a gift card but the CM told me I could only do it via credit card (not sure if he was wrong about that, also) and that I would no longer have photopass as they had done away with it being grandfathered in when renewing Signature passes. I hope that guy is no longer working in customer service. But anyway, thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter