Bridging/"Upgrading" Tickets-- Leftover $$?

DisneyPrinc3ss

Earning My Ears
Hi All:

Some friends of mine who are FL residents purchased a 3-day flex base ticket from Delta airlines to use their miles. I almost fell out of my seat when they told me because they would obviously have done much better just purchasing a FL resident ticket from UT, but that's now in the past. I told them that they should bridge their ticket to a FL annual pass. It looks like the gate price of a base 3-day flexible ticket is approximately $500, and that a FL resident weekday annual pass (which is all they really need) is $319. If they were to bridge their tickets for the weekday AP, can they do anything with the $181 difference (Disney GC, dining plan, memory maker, credit towards renewal), or is that money lost? (PS: I know that they have a silver AP for approximately $500, but my friends would only ever visit during the week).

Secondly, do Fastpass reservations transfer over with the bridging?

Thanks Y'all!!

I believe they can technically “upgrade” to a lower-value ticket, but don’t expect any refund of price difference. I’d suggest they go for the higher-value AP so they will have the option of weekends - you never know when an unexpected opportunity may present itself.

Enjoy your vacation!

I believe they can technically “upgrade” to a lower-value ticket, but don’t expect any refund of price difference. I’d suggest they go for the higher-value AP so they will have the option of weekends - you never know when an unexpected opportunity may present itself.

Enjoy your vacation!
Yes, plan B is to upgrade to a higher level, but ideally they could use the balance for something else.

They need to find out if these tickets are upgradable.

Why wouldn't they be? They're not complimentary. And how could I find out?

Hi All:

Some friends of mine who are FL residents purchased a 3-day flex base ticket from Delta airlines to use their miles. I almost fell out of my seat when they told me because they would obviously have done much better just purchasing a FL resident ticket from UT, but that's now in the past. I told them that they should bridge their ticket to a FL annual pass. It looks like the gate price of a base 3-day flexible ticket is approximately $500, and that a FL resident weekday annual pass (which is all they really need) is $319. If they were to bridge their tickets for the weekday AP, can they do anything with the $181 difference (Disney GC, dining plan, memory maker, credit towards renewal), or is that money lost? (PS: I know that they have a silver AP for approximately $500, but my friends would only ever visit during the week).

Secondly, do Fastpass reservations transfer over with the bridging?

Thanks Y'all!!

They applied ours to a GC.

Not saying your ticket type is eligible or that they will do the same for you . That’s just what they did for our situation.

Thanks all!

If my friends get a refund of the balance on a GC like @Lehuaann did, that would be amazing!!

I guess now the question is whether they should bridge at the beginning of their trip for the free parking, or at the end for the extra days on AP.

Date is always first use date of tix so might as well do it on day 1 for the free parking

Ah, I thought that the AP started on the day of the price bridging, so that if I bought a 5 day pass and bridged on the last day, I would get a year and five days to use. Sounds like that's not the case though. Thanks for the information!!

Additionally, does anyone know if there is any way to upload the FL residency proof prior to bridging to save time? I know that it can be done when purchasing a FL annual pass directly (without any bridging). Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!