Bridge over Kirkman

All I can think when I look at that is how much it would stink trying to push a wheelchair up all those ramps :scared:

I sent an email to I4Ultimate.com a few weeks ago. Here was their response. We are there the 2nd week of September. 64A241F7-256A-4293-8922-76AD69BFC7AE.jpeg

I'm glad there will be a safer way to cross the street, but it sure seems like those ramps go on forever. It will take so much more walking than just going straight across the street! I know, there's always a trade off!

I'm glad there will be a safer way to cross the street, but it sure seems like those ramps go on forever. It will take so much more walking than just going straight across the street! I know, there's always a trade off!
Are they removing the crosswalks? I have never found crossing there to be a problem, so I would probably just cross the street as I always have. But then, I cross between Cabana Bay and Sapphire Falls with no crosswalk at all!

I agree, the ramps look like a bit of a climb!!!

Are they removing the crosswalks? I have never found crossing there to be a problem, so I would probably just cross the street as I always have. But then, I cross between Cabana Bay and Sapphire Falls with no crosswalk at all!

I`m assuming it will remove the crosswalk......never thought to ask.

I know they had some issues with cars not stopping for folks who were crossing.....not sure if it was tourists who weren't aware they had to stop or just impatient folks......and of course folks running across the road when they shouldn't was an issue too. Doubt the bridge will stop folks doing that either.

You’re lucky you got a reply. I’ve never been replied to. We ended up cancelling our reservation at Hyatt House and paid a little extra to have a family suite at CBBR because of this.

We drove by it today, and still not open. Looks massive, but nice to have long ramps for those that need it. Cones and street still blocked off near it.

Can’t believe how long this small bridge is taking to complete.......

I agree Schumigirl! We will be there in about 23 days. I will snap some photos to see if anything looks different. We are staying our first night at the DT before we move to RPR. I really thought it would be completed by now. SMH....

Picture from Bioreconstruct

They seem to think it won`t be long till it opens now.

kirkman%20bridge-XL.jpg

Here now and sadly it is closed again. No idea why since they are doing repaving at this intersection and you literally have to cross through a construction zone.

Just seen this twenty minutes ago.

We were told it wasn’t supposed to be open yet, folks just used it. It looked as if it was being inspected when we passed by earlier.

Does anyone have any updates on this? We are staying at the RPR in 3 weeks and planning on a walk to Walgreens
and don't relish a suicidal dash across the road!

Entrance and exit to the bridge was still blocked off on Tuesday (granted, it was a plastic construction-type barrier that one could hypothetically hop over to still us the bridge if they chose to disobey ;) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter