bridge GF to MK

This is supposed to be a swing bridge right? I know nothing about construction. Is that bridge we see in pictures a swing bridge and they can attach that to some focal point they build in the middle of the water that will allow the bridge to rotate horizontally? Just seems weird that the bridge would show up so quickly without anything that will make the bridge swing being started yet.

This is supposed to be a swing bridge right? I know nothing about construction. Is that bridge we see in pictures a swing bridge and they can attach that to some focal point they build in the middle of the water that will allow the bridge to rotate horizontally? Just seems weird that the bridge would show up so quickly without anything that will make the bridge swing being started yet.
Yes a swing bridge. It will look like this.

E95A7B85-3EE9-46C9-BDEB-A48B0DE1D766.jpeg

Yes a swing bridge. It will look like this.

oooh ok. For some reason I just assumed the swing point would be in the middle of the bridge and something would need to be built actually in the water. That picture looks much simpler!

Last edited:
The first pic kinda just looks like a regular lake dock, but from a ways back it is pretty good size.

So how long of a walk would this be to the MK? How does it compare to the walk from BLT?

I think it was a few pages back, but just checked in a few distances, they are app

BLT main ent to MK turnstyles 785 yards

1st GF building to MK turnstyles 1135 yards

VGF ext to MK 1600 yards

1st BWV building to DHS turnstyles 1050 yards

BW Boat dock to France Bridge 806 yards

EPCOT bus to the EPCOT Lagoon 937 yards.

I think it was a few pages back, but just checked in a few distances, they are app

BLT main ent to MK turnstyles 785 yards

1st GF building to MK turnstyles 1135 yards

VGF ext to MK 1600 yards

1st BWV building to DHS turnstyles 1050 yards

BW Boat dock to France Bridge 806 yards

EPCOT bus to the EPCOT Lagoon 937 yards.

Wow! Thanks for that!

How does the Gondola system help the Disney pocketbook, unless they are going to raise the room prices for the Gondola hotels. I guess that is a good possibility. If the bridge is built, I am sure DVC will be paying a part of it, too.
Can confirm. My dues went up this year some

oooh ok. For some reason I just assumed the swing point would be in the middle of the bridge and something would need to be built actually in the water. That picture looks much simpler!
Larger swing bridges do pivot in the center, however for smaller ones like this the center pivot island would significantly reduce the size of vessels that could pass thru.

For some reason I was thinking this would need to be much larger. It's clearly smaller than I thought for some reason! This is great and will really speed the project up compared to the timeline I had in my head--I too was thinking a pivot in the center for whatever reason.

BlogMickey has new photo's

Looks like the pivot point has been set, figure 6 months or less to get this done? Bridge is already done, just need to finish up each sides foundations and the setting for the bridge and then they can start on the walk ways. Going next end of April be cool if its completed by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!