bridge GF to MK

Interesting. I wonder why it took so long to get this bridge. I would much prefer to walk to the parks. That's why I like staying in BC/YC or even the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal.

BlogMickey has new photo's

Looks like the pivot point has been set, figure 6 months or less to get this done? Bridge is already done, just need to finish up each sides foundations and the setting for the bridge and then they can start on the walk ways. Going next end of April be cool if its completed by then.

… they also have a second bridge to build over by GF.

… they also have a second bridge to build over by GF.
Which if they prebuilt like the swing bridge should go in a lot quicker as it doesn't move, they just need some footings on each side. Walkway itself will take a bit too, guess 6 months is optimistic depending on how many guys they have on the project but one could hope.

Just saw this video on YouTube showing some bridge construction from about 3 weeks ago. Short video, but thought I’d share 😊

Did everyone pickup and rumor in the article regarding a new hotel between the Grand Floridian and MK? Is there room over there for that #

I did see that, but I personally have not heard that rumor anywhere else. This is the first time I visited that particular site, so not sure what kind of inside knowledge they have. I guess we’ll see!!

We would 100% use it even to walk from TTC and back. I always prefer to walk and get the journey started than to queue! X

I asked this question yesterday on the ‘news round up’ thread and was told:
Construction is well underway. The bridge is sitting there onsite already.

I’m very excited about this! We only stay at the contemporary when we visit since we can walk to the mk. Now we can start staying at the grand flo again!

I’ll post some more info with pics next...

BlogMickey has new photo's

Looks like the pivot point has been set, figure 6 months or less to get this done? Bridge is already done, just need to finish up each sides foundations and the setting for the bridge and then they can start on the walk ways. Going next end of April be cool if its completed by then.
Ditto, we are going end of April and are planning a few monorail hopping days. The walk ways will take a huge chunk of time pressure away if they are done by then.

Has anyone heard what the planned path is for the OTHER water crossing by the GF convention center?

have never stayed at GF, nor had any interest, but glad to see this fianlly being built.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!