BrerLund Celebration: 12/1-9 Day 8 Magic Kingdom and Breakfast with the Princesses

BrerMama

DIS Veteran
Our final day... and what a day it was!! We took it a little slower this morning and only had to wait about 15 minutes until we could ride on the ferry over to the Magic Kingdom. Our mission today was Dumbo and Mykiah was resolutely saying that she was scared and not going on it. We got in line anyway and managed to be on the 3rd ride of the day. Mykiah and I chose a yellow Dumbo with Dan and Chesney in front of us and Grandpa and Brady behind us. Once the ride started going, Mykiah grabbed the joystick and kept us as high as Dumbo would go. I hadn’t planned on this and my own fear of heights had me a little frightened but I hung in there. I guess I should have ridden with Brady, who kept his Dumbo as low as possible. Mykiah practically danced off the ride and we walked onto Peter Pan for a second flight since this was her favorite.

To keep up with the Mykiah’s favorite theme, it was now time for our priority seating for Cinderella’s Royal Breakfast. We checked in and were 3rd in line to see the Fairy Godmother when we were called upstairs. The hostess suggested the elevator since we had a baby, but I took the spiral staircase just for atmosphere. We were seated in the alcove just at the top of the stairs and served very quickly. Brady inhaled his pancakes in no time and Grandpa and Dan cleaned their plates of eggs, french toast, sausage, bacon and breakfast potatoes. Dan loved the croissants and Grandpa liked the muffins. I’m pretty picking about my breakfast food but I did love the potatoes and meats. Mykiah was just too excited to eat, looking around at all of the princesses. They had just started on the main room when we arrived so we had plenty of time to eat before the characters reached our table which actually worked well because our plates were cleared and the table was clean. The characters that day were Snow White, Aladdin, Jasmine, Belle and Cinderella. Mykiah was so nervous that she kept sucking on her autograph pen. I would remind her to dry it off but she forgot and handed to Belle wet... Belle was not pleased but she did pose for a picture. Mykiah was wearing her Princess Minnie hat with its veil and it got quite a few comments from the characters. This was a great breakfast and I’m not sure if we would do it again. It would depend on our budget and what the kids wanted to do.

After our breakfast with the princesses, we still owed Mykiah a Splash Mountain tee for her bravery 3 days before, so we walked over to Splash and she picked one out. We saw Brer Fox and Brer Bear outside so we stopped and visited them. I was wearing my reindeer antlers with Mickey ears and Brer Fox stole them and was clowning around. I took some very cute pictures for my scrapbook. When we left Brer Fox kissed my hand... Awww.

We caught the train just upstairs and rode to Toontown. Mykiah had been wanting to visit Minnie’s house so we did this (taking lots of pictures) and not to be outdone, Brady wanted to see Mickey’s house. I find Minnie’s house a lot more fun than Mickey’s because the kids can really explore but Brady enjoyed it anyway. Since we had already gotten Mickey’s autograph at Chef Mickey’s we didn’t go into the Judges Tent but instead took off for Buzz.

After grabbing FastPasses, we planted ourselves on a bench by Alien Encounter. Grandpa bought us all some frozen Cokes (my favorite!) and we relaxed until our FastPass time. This sure beats standing in line with antsy kids. Both times we used FP at Buzz we were able to walk right on the ride. This time Dan got 129000 points and thought he was a stud so it seemed like a good note to end our trip on. We walked right down the middle of Main Street USA, stopping at the Emporium for a few last souvenirs and also buying some Minnie Ears for Chesney at the hat store. We took the monorail back to the TTC and I felt more than a little said to be leaving WDW. Even Grandpa felt it. We had a wonderful time and have memories that will last forever.

It was 78 degrees that afternoon so we spent a couple hours playing in the pool before we went in search of a late lunch/early supper. We chose Chili’s in Kissimmee which really hit the spot (and we were there during happy hour... 2 for 1 margaritas!) before going back to the hotel and beginning the chore of packing. I had brought 2 extra bags with us and we certainly managed to fill them up. We had almost everything packed and ready to go by 6 so Dan and I and the kids took one last walk around the hotel to say goodbye. We were going to miss it.

Quote of the day:

“I put them up so we wouldn’t lose them” --Dan referring to Brady’s souvenirs that he was searching for
“Well it didn’t work” -- Brady, still searching

“Look Brady! There’s a head of Mickey” --Mykiah trying to find a *hidden Mickey*

Mom to 3 goobs
Thumbnail

1992 Disneyland (offsite)
1995 WDW (offsite)
1998 Disneyland (offsite)
12/1/2000 WDW -- HIFS

I'm so glad your last day was so great. Sounds like somebody overcame her fear of Dumbo, huh!

image1.gif
<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font> <font color=green>http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>

Thanks so much for posting. I enjoyed your reports. Especially the daily quotes from the kids - nice touch.

Lisa

pooh-pig08.gif

Oh no, it's the sad last day. sniff, sniff :( I guess all good things must come to an end.

It does sound like things really went your way today. :)

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. :)

Lisa

<p align=center> <font color=#FF0000 font size=6> Happy Holidays</font>
gift41.gif

<A HREF="http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/lisatx/index.html" TARGET=_blank> <font color=blue font face="Times New Roman" size=3>Visit my DISney website -
trip reports and scrapbook pages!</A>

Isn't that final walk down Main Street so melancholy!

We enjoyed our breakfast in the castle. The last day is always so sad. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter