Breatfast at Kona Cafe or Boma?

Yujailec

Mouseketeer
I went to Boma for the first time and I absolutely it! I would go back just for that bread budding with pecan sauce. :love:

I'm going for a short trip early December and I'm wondering should I go back for my bread pudding or try something new like Kona Cafe?

Thanks to all!

I'm all for enjoying old favorites and trying a smattering of new things. How else do you get new old favorites? I'd suggest you give Kona a try though. I'd also suggest an often overlooked but really good breakfast option - the Wave at the Contemporary.

I'm all for enjoying old favorites and trying a smattering of new things. How else do you get new old favorites? I'd suggest you give Kona a try though. I'd also suggest an often overlooked but really good breakfast option - the Wave at the Contemporary.

Thanks for the suggestion! I will certainly look into it. It came really close in my debate. Since I will be touring the monoloop resorts, The Wave may be a great option.

We loved the Kona breakfast! Had their version of eggs benedict, but made with a pork (pulled/hash/something) and a citrus hollandaise, sooo good.

Great coffee too!

I personally would do Boma hands down.

While I enjoyed my mimosa flight and my gluten-free Mickey Waffles with the Strawberry Sauce that is usually with the Tonga Toast that I got at Kona, my server seemed extremely annoyed to have someone in her area when the restaurant opened and just did the bare minimum for me. I thought it was that...until a couple of larger groups came in and she was all over them checking on them every couple of minutes. So it wasn't that she had someone seated in her section on opening - it was that she had a SINGLE diner in her section. Left a bad taste in my mouth from the whole experience.

Meanwhile, when I ate at Boma, my server was the perfect amount of attentive without being overbearing and treated me like a princess rather than a bump in her day.

I haven't tried Boma, but want to! We weren't that impressed with Kona breakfast. It was fine, but nothing special. I think I may be the only person around who didn't like the Tonga Toast!

I haven't tried Boma, but want to! We weren't that impressed with Kona breakfast. It was fine, but nothing special. I think I may be the only person around who didn't like the Tonga Toast!

Count me in for Boma over Kona.

Plus-I thought tongs toast looked gross!!

We haven't tried Boma, so you may be right, but just wanted to say none of us ate Tonga Toast at Kona - so much more to the menu. :)

And our server was awesome.

We haven't tried Boma, so you may be right, but just wanted to say none of us ate Tonga Toast at Kona - so much more to the menu. :)

And our server was awesome.

Oh my server appeared to be awesome - to everyone else in her section.

Perhaps I was in your section.

February of 2016 during Presidents' Week? Possibly!

I have to say though, as a rule I have never been made to feel "less than" for being solo at any other Disney restaurant. I suppose if I was meeting someone who wanted to eat there, I'd give it another try, but as a solo diner it's off my list.

I’m definitely going with Boma. It’s already a favorite of mine and your experiences have confirmed it’s the better choice.

Thanks so much for all of your input!

Been to both, love both, but edge goes Boma all things equal. It's just got too much good food, but to me it would depend on convenience, where you're staying, your plans for the day, etc. But do love Kona Cafe, for breakfast especially, and would go back in a heartbeat if if made sense for our plans.
:goodvibes

Good news is you really can't go wrong. I prefer the food at Kona as I am not a huge buffet fan in general, but as others have mentioned the service is generally not good. But for a good bloody mary and a Samoan I'm willing to overlook that. Plus I'm always up for trying something new so I know what to do on future trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter