Breaking News - Accident at Animal Kingdom

New Info...

The ride experienced a minor malfunction which caused the ride to stop.

The emergency evacuation sytem did not work causing a raft to fall back onto another raft.

6 people were injured and from the reports we are getting, there was a great deal of blood.

The ride is shut down and will be drained according to our sources.

Kevin

New Info...

The ride experienced a minor malfunction which caused the ride to stop.

The emergency evacuation sytem did not work causing a raft to fall back onto another raft.

6 people were injured and from the reports we are getting, there was a great deal of blood.

The ride is shut down and will be drained according to our sources.

Kevin

Thank you for keeping us posted. I'm glad everyone is ok.

We're now hearing that the injuries were not life threatening, and that six people were sent to area hospitals. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Pete

For all involved, hope are all ok,thanks for updates. :goodvibes Danny

IF someone has mentioned this already in the thread, sorry....

We had an accident here at Six Flags over Texas on the Roaring Rapids, a ride similar to Kali River Rapids. Here the operators had not kept the rafts inflated enough and one overturned. People drowned on the ride.I am glad this accident at Animal Kingdom was minor. But it does remind us that everytime we get onto a ride we really are putting our safety and our families safety into someone elses hands.

I wanna say thanks to all those whose job it is to keep the rides operating safely. Accidents on theme park rides really are rare, and those who operate and maintain them are why.

IF someone has mentioned this already in the thread, sorry....

We had an accident here at Six Flags over Texas on the Roaring Rapids, a ride similar to Kali River Rapids. Here the operators had not kept the rafts inflated enough and one overturned. People drowned on the ride.I am glad this accident at Animal Kingdom was minor. But it does remind us that everytime we get onto a ride we really are putting our safety and our families safety into someone elses hands.

I wanna say thanks to all those whose job it is to keep the rides operating safely. Accidents on theme park rides really are rare, and those who operate and maintain them are why.

When I heard that there was an accident at Kali, the 6 flags ride was the first thing that I thought about. I am gald this accident wasn't as bad.

We had trouble at Cedar Point in Cleveland the other day too! one of the trains on the Magnum didnt stop and slammed into another train.

We had an accident here at Six Flags over Texas on the Roaring Rapids, a ride similar to Kali River Rapids. Here the operators had not kept the rafts inflated enough and one overturned. People drowned on the ride.

It wasn't people..it was one woman...which is horrible, I just didn't want the wrong info out there as I was actually working that day in the park and it greatly effected all the ride operators(myself included). Also the accident was not any of the operators fault, it was a series of strange events that may or may not have been prevented with a little more mechanical attention, one of which was an under inflated bladder within the larger raft tube. Again, just trying to relay the correct info and this is not intended as anything else.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of them~!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!