Breakfast when at the Chancery Court (London)

Bozza

Mouseketeer
As an avid podcast listener, I thought I would pop by having stayed at the Chancery Court this weekend when in London.

I had a vague recollection I'd heard Pete mention this hotel when on an ABD trip and a quick search has confirmed that he did stay there and folk who are taking London/Paris trips this year are also visiting.

It's a lovely hotel and I tried to look after room 215 in case any of you end up there.

The price of breakfast in the hotel is exorbitant - there's no other way to describe the prices. For breakfast we wanted for the two of us this morning we'd have been looking at around £60 (so close to US$100). We decided we could spend the money better elsewhere.

We found a 'better elsewhere' literally across the road from the Chancery Court - The French Kitchen (http://french-kitchen.co.uk/) and we had a wonderful breakfast.

So, my little bit of paying it forward for today is to suggest you folk give it a try when in town. It is a great place and I'm sure you'll love the food.

And you are sure to enjoy London. Being a Brit, I've been to London a lot, but I quickly forget just how brilliant it is - this past weekend reminded me!

We ate at the French Kitchen and it was delightful! I found the breakfast at the Chancery Court fantastic, but overpriced if we had to pay for it outside of the adventure. The French Kitchen had a fantastic selection and great food (and good coffee!!)

The buffet breakfast is included each day we are at the Chancery Court.

If you book pre nights, the French Kitchen is terrific.

The lunch at the French Kitchen is excellent as well! I had a French Onion soup, a burger and Creme Brulee. Everything was outstanding, and you can't beat the location if you're staying at the Chancery Court!

I want to go back!

Jason

They must be somewhat new too since they aren't listed on google maps. I'm personally hoping they are aware of the gluten allergy so my husband can eat there on our pre-nights.

They must be somewhat new too since they aren't listed on google maps. I'm personally hoping they are aware of the gluten allergy so my husband can eat there on our pre-nights.

While your husband's gluten allergy has been listed on your Rees action, it is doubtful hat the folks working he breakfast buffet will be aware of his information.

Also, he guides will not be around for our pre-nights. They will most likely arrive the day our Adventure begins.

You will need to take responsibility for letting the folks at the breakfast buffet that an allergy exists.

Also, during your Adventure, I would make sure that this is reiterated at east meal time.

Again, this information is included on your reservation, but I would not bet my health on anyone informing the folks running a breakfast buffet about this.

As you basically walk in and help yourself, they will most likely not even know who is or thane has an allergy.

Just let them know and I think you will be fine.

The French Kitchen was outstanding for lunch, we ate there twice during our adventure.

There is a Pret A Manger just one half block from the Chancery entrance, to the left as you walk towards the street. The French Kitchen is directly across the street, there is also a Starbucks to the right which is not open on the weekends.

We had breakfast at Pret A Manger on our added day, lots of fresh options, but don't know how they handle gluten allergies.

I guess the way I worded my post was a bit confusing.

It was mostly a 'I am hoping when we try to eat at the French kitchen' they are aware of 'gluten allergies' as a general statement. After talking to my husband he is already trying to assure me he will ask even if people are aware already but then we have to always give trust to the kitchen that they are indeed making it gluten free. He also informed me that the amount of people with gluten allergies is worse in Europe than the US. Heck I found a restaurant in London while doing research that specifically says they have gluten free pasta.

I am the worrier in the relationship though. :P

Thanks for putting up with me Kevin and the info on the reservation regarding allergies is good to know. :) I don't think for cost reasons we will be doing the buffet at the Chancery Court those two pre-nights but I was just hoping the French kitchen would be a decent option with it being right across the street it sounds fantastic!

I'm pretty sure for the actual trip when we do the buffet at Chancery Court they have an omellettes made to order so that's usually a pretty safe bet for gluten allergy sufferers.

I guess the way I worded my post was a bit confusing.

It was mostly a 'I am hoping when we try to eat at the French kitchen' they are aware of 'gluten allergies' as a general statement. After talking to my husband he is already trying to assure me he will ask even if people are aware already but then we have to always give trust to the kitchen that they are indeed making it gluten free. He also informed me that the amount of people with gluten allergies is worse in Europe than the US. Heck I found a restaurant in London while doing research that specifically says they have gluten free pasta.

I am the worrier in the relationship though. :P

Thanks for putting up with me Kevin and the info on the reservation regarding allergies is good to know. :) I don't think for cost reasons we will be doing the buffet at the Chancery Court those two pre-nights but I was just hoping the French kitchen would be a decent option with it being right across the street it sounds fantastic!

I'm pretty sure for the actual trip when we do the buffet at Chancery Court they have an omellettes made to order so that's usually a pretty safe bet for gluten allergy sufferers.

Let me apologize for the way that last post came out.

I was trying to post from an iPad on a very shaky internet connection.:upsidedow

I misunderstood what you meant and yes....I think the French Kitchen will be able to work with you.

We had breakfast there and it was terrific. They were very accommodating.

My only point was that even though ABD has been told of your husband's allergy, human error and lack of communication can come into play.

I wouldn't want anyone's health and well being to hinge on the fact that this is common knowledge.

ABD is very good about making sure that there are menu items available during group meals. Buffets are trickier.

Sorry for the bad typos and miscommunication in my last post.

Also....just to be on the safe side, the french translation for "gluten allergy" is allergie au gluten

Wow. It just goes to show you the added value when breakfast is bundled into the Adventures by Disney trip. I haven't eaten at the French Kitchen, because my time was mostly limited to the adventure itself. But I did manage to get my fish and chips "fix" at the Ship's Tavern pub, sort of tucked in around the corner as you'd walk towards the Holburn tube station. The fish was about the size of my head, and I couldn't finish it. But it was so good! :lovestruc

DisneyKevin: No need for an apology at all. I re-read my post several times and the message was indeed confusing. I'm already aware from eating out around Philadelphia that human error and miscommunication are a factor in life with food allergies. I'm pretty confident that ABD will do a good job handling it or I wouldn't have decided to take the trip. They seem to put much more effort into accommodating everyone then some other tour groups I've researched.

Thanks for the information though it's always helpful! Thanks also for the French translation of gluten allergy! My husband actually knows a small amount of french, but I'm sure he didn't know gluten allergy. I started learning French recently after buying 'Fluenz' I know how to say 'hi, how are you?' to 'I want something(water, coffee,orange juice)'. Hopefully I'll know some more by the time the trip comes. :)

BriarRose: I saw that the Ships Tavern is pretty close to the hotel, glad to hear they are good! I'm hoping I can get some 'fish and chips' though I doubt my husband could eat at a pub due to his allergy but he promised to take me to get some, somewhere. :) I was either going to go there or another tavern that sold a decent amount of UK craft brews(yes I am a beer snob, again though poor husband can't drink beer).

I do not know anything about this place but that looks amazing I would definily chack it out and eat breakfast with you with the invitation of course.

Lori's fish...

398267_3015243856245_1117025522_32239224_804696721_n.jpg

(it is actually mine, but Lori is sitting across from me) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!