Breakfast options or bring your own?

I have put Jif to Go containers in my 3-1-1 bag before. I believe each individual container is 2oz. I have bought a bagel before from La Brea for Disneyland races and the food courts at Disney World. I prefer them to be toasted, but at 3am my options are limited.

Both of my rundisney races I stayed at a hotel with a market in it. So the day before I've picked up something to eat and drink and stored it in my room fridge. And I carried my preferred "just in case" granola bars in my carry-on because sometimes my stomach doesn't cooperate with bagels, etc.

at 3am my options are limited.

That seems to be the general consensus!

Bring your own and complete with what you find at the hotel if it really pleases you seems to be the majority with very good suggestions both in terms of nutrition and packing! Thanks!

I also bring the Jif to Go peanut butter - it's so convenient. The night before the race I go to Publix or a Super Walmart to buy a fresh whole grain bagel. I'm all set at 3:00 am!

I brought from home:
  • JIF to go PB
  • Individual honey packets (McDo)
  • Mini Nutella jar
  • Flavored creamer
  • Cookies
  • Dried apricots and raisins
  • Juice box
  • Gatorade
  • Plastic knife
I bought at the Disney resort:
  • Milk
  • Loaf of bread
  • Hard boiled eggs
  • Apple slices and grapes (came with kids meals)
  • Case of water bottles
I noticed a sign at the resort QS stating: runDisney, the Grab n Go Market opens at 2:30am Sunday Nov 5th 2017 (day of the half marathon)!

In the end, at 2:30AM, I felt like coffee, milk, bread and PB (which is not my usual preference). I completed with dried apricots. I could not swallow any egg.

Cookies and juice were my snack about 45min before the run.

Of course, race fuel, post race lunch box and Mickey Waffles breakfast followed!

We usually bring Clif bars and/or have a small food order dropped off by Garden Grocer (bagels, water, etc.).

On my last trip, I packed two slices of bread, a Jif to Go, and honey. I bought a BPA-free TSA-approved size travel container and just used that. I figured if it's marketed as BPA-free, it's food safe. I just washed it and then filled it with honey from home and put it in my 311 bag with the Jif. I packed two peanut butters but I actually only needed one, and I also didn't need all the honey that was in the container.

I grabbed a paper plate, a plastic knife, and napkins from the food court the night before, along with a Nesquik chocolate milk. It worked out wonderfully.

20171105_024559-M.jpg

Graham crackers and individual almond butter packets in my luggage. A banana from the food court. That's my pre race meal.

We usually get a car and stop at a drug store on the way back to the resorts. I usually buy the prepacked neutella and breadsticks, Starbucks doubleshots, a bunch of gatorade, some cliff bars, coffee Creamer.

On race morning I try and wake up 45 minutes before I leave the room. Depending on Temp I either make coffee or drink a doubleshot. ( This is my first order of business because my primary goal is to optimize the amount of time I sleep while maximizing the length of time between when I consume coffee and leave my room. (its all about trying to minimize the amount of time I spend in Porta Potties or the bushes)
For the Half and Full I'll eat a Cliff bar in the room after the coffee and before I get ready. If it's been really hot I'll start sipping a gatorade too. I usually take a Gu with me to take once I'm in the corrals.

For the (5k and 10k) I follow the same coffee routine but instead of eating in the room, I may take some of the Nuetella and Breadsticks, or a granola bar with me. I'll usually eat it during the idle time before we get in the corrals.

This past April, I noticed they had small tents set up with chocolate chip muffins. They were slightly chilled and honestly felt like exactly what I needed for breakfast, but I have the unfortunate disadvantage to having to take early morning meds on an empty stomach...so I tend to show up to the staging area hungry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!