Breakfast options or bring your own?

flav

Loving My Ears
If arriving by plane on the eve of a run to pickup bib, see the Expo... What are my options for eating breakfast before the race?
  • Bring bread and stuff in my luggage, not so convenient but cheap.
  • Do a grocery at the resort the night before... Would they have lactose free milk?
  • Request Mickey waffles the night before and keep them in the room?
  • Any options at 3AM?
What is your favorite pre-runDisney race breakfast?

If you want something quick many of the food courts or quick service locations will have rundisney breakfast boxes you can buy the night before.

Ooh, all this time I've never seen these runDisney breakfast boxes. I will have to check this out. I normally would eat toast or half of a bagel with some peanut butter, but at Disney it's sometimes hard to remember or find the things I need. Some resorts will have peanut butter easily accessible at the area where the mug refills and QS are. If I'm too early/late to get some bread, I'll just eat crackers. I save my "meal" for after the race.

If arriving by plane on the eve of a run to pickup bib, see the Expo... What are my options for eating breakfast before the race?
  • Do a grocery at the resort the night before... Would they have lactose free milk?
  • Any options at 3AM?

Ooh, all this time I've never seen these runDisney breakfast boxes. I will have to check this out. I normally would eat toast or half of a bagel with some peanut butter, but at Disney it's sometimes hard to remember or find the things I need. Some resorts will have peanut butter easily accessible at the area where the mug refills and QS are. If I'm too early/late to get some bread, I'll just eat crackers. I save my "meal" for after the race.

The Disney breakfast boxes are ridiculously expensive. IIRC, they are $7-8 for that banana and bagel. I'd suggest just throwing a bag of bagels and a jar of peanut butter in your checked bag to have in your room. A lot cheaper and less trouble. Plus you get your choice of peanut butter and bagel flavor! Just remember to put it in the checked bag so TSA doesn't oust the peanut butter going through security.

I generally eat Zone and/or Kind bars in the morning before running, so I just bring a box of each and I'm set for breakfast for the whole trip.

You couid try ordering from one of the companies that delivers groceries to resorts if you wanted something specific like lactose free milk. Might be a bit more expensive but you know you'd have what you want.

We bring our own breakfast stuff, it's just easier & stuff we are used to eating. We do buy a few boxes of Entemann donuts from the gift shop to have in the room and I have run on those many races, but we bring things like peanutbutter, bread, orange juice and nesquick chocolate milks that don't need to be refrigerated.

• Any options at 3AM?
I've packed soy milk and vegan cereal/bars, but I've also gotten groceries in a Prime Now delivery.

Ooh, all this time I've never seen these runDisney breakfast boxes. I will have to check this out.

I haven't either, because we've stayed at bay lake for princess and Contemporary doesn't have them. Maddening.

Other race weekends we always a car and we just get stuff at the store. I tend towards stone ground crackers and PB2 mixed with water. I'm finicky. :)

I throw a few packs of peanut butter crackers in my carryon bag and try to get to the resort's store or food court to pick up a banana. I used to pack some bread and those single serve peanut butter but realized that the crackers are easier and enough for me.

Also, when flying with strictly carryon luggage which is almost every trip for me, the peanut butter singles took up too much space in my quart size toiletries bag.

I pack a small 2 slice toaster, English muffins, and a jar of peanut butter in my bag. Peanut butter counts as a "liquid" for TSA, so I have to put it in a checked bag.
They also sell peanut butter at many of the resort shops, but I am really picky about the brand I like :)

I usually take pre-packed oats and coconut palm sugar already mixed and just add some dried fruit or PB once I've microwaved and added water. It works great!

I pack a small 2 slice toaster.......

This cracked me up, and I was thinking about what TSA must think of that bag. Then I realized that I once packed provisions to cook Thanksgiving dinner--including sheet pan, knives, and various bags of flour/sugar, spices. So yeah, whatever works!

Packed a single serving of peanut butter plus a plastic knife in my suitcase. Purchased bagel and banana from store near hotel.

• Any options at 3AM?
I had whole wheat English muffins with Justin's vanilla almond butter and peanut butter ( yes on race days I get to be a glutton and use both). I put a few English muffins in a little plastic Tupperware and then I used the single serve packets of Justin's and the single serve tubs of Jiff- which meet the TSA limits. But that's because I'm paranoid and wanted all my race stuff in the carry on. Also so I could eat at the airport during my layover.

For Disneyland races, I usually bring stuff with me (Uncrustables, Kind Bars) unless I'm stocking a room for a girls trip, which in that case I do a grocery delivery from Vonn's.

For WDW races, since I'm in Orlando for a while around race weekends, I usually do grocery shopping for the gals that are staying with me and running.
Come to think of it - I could probably make my race fee back in Grocery Delivery to DISers for RunDisney races in Orlando! :rotfl2:

For Disneyland races, I usually bring stuff with me (Uncrustables, Kind Bars) unless I'm stocking a room for a girls trip, which in that case I do a grocery delivery from Vonn's.

For WDW races, since I'm in Orlando for a while around race weekends, I usually do grocery shopping for the gals that are staying with me and running.
Come to think of it - I could probably make my race fee back in Grocery Delivery to DISers for RunDisney races in Orlando! :rotfl2:
Since I will be flying in, I will have my running shoes and outfits in my carry-on. That means I can bring a grocery in my checked luggage... Unless Keels wants to do an extra delivery, of course!
:rotfl2:

Thankful that I live in Orlando because it makes packing for races a lot easier! I'll bring my kind bars, bagels, peanut butter and my favorite water with me. Having it on hand means I can sleep an extra 10 minutes..LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!