Breakfast on disembarkation day.

dtk07

Mouseketeer
I was reading a recent welcome home letter from February on the Wonder. They only list the main dining rooms and Cove Cafe as breakfast options on disembarkation day.

I've read of other people eating at Cabanas in the morning before leaving the ship. Is this old information or it is Cabanas still an option on the Wonder? 7am breakfast sounds a little early to me otherwise.

Info taken from this:
http://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp-...-Home-Wonder-Port-Canaveral-February-2017.pdf

I have never head of Cabanas being open for breakfast nor the Cove Cafe, that is a nice option.

Both were open on disembarkation day on the Wonder 6/19. Cabanas 6:30a-8:30am, I think that was the time and the Cove Cafe was open early too.

I was reading a recent welcome home letter from February on the Wonder. They only list the main dining rooms and Cove Cafe as breakfast options on disembarkation day.

I've read of other people eating at Cabanas in the morning before leaving the ship. Is this old information or it is Cabanas still an option on the Wonder? 7am breakfast sounds a little early to me otherwise.

Info taken from this:
http://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp-...-Home-Wonder-Port-Canaveral-February-2017.pdf
You can go to the dining room you ate in the night before at an assigned time. Cabanas was also open as was Cove Cafe. This was yesterday (6/26/17).

The MDR servers, on your last night, won't mention Cabanas nor will it be mentioned in your disembarking letter, but it's open! They only open one side of the buffet and serve maybe 70% of the variety they typically have for breakfast, but for us it's a flexible option where we can eat as quickly or slowly as we want. They close the food stations around 8:30am. I was once there at 8:45am when they turned off the music LOL. Small hint to start exiting the ship!

I've been in 4 cruises before and only found out about Cabanas been open for breakfast on my last cruise:rotfl2:

We had first seating and our breakfast was at 6:45 am at the dining room we ate at the night before. Cabanas was open, but we had to ask. Cabana's is only 1 side with a limited menu so they don't want everyone just doing that for breakfast. It won't be able to handle the crowds. The issue is that 6:45 am is pretty freaking early so a lot of first seating folks do Cabana's.

We have used cabanas several time on the last morning. Esp when we have main dining. Keep in mind though that choices are slim and the extract same items offered at the restaurants. It will not have the same morning menu items it has on cruise mornings

Usually do cabanas, but once did the mdr late option later and it was so much more relaxing, letting the mad stampede off the ship and then being able to slowly stroll off the ship comfortably. Plus we had some good relaxed conversations with the waitstaff.

Got off the Wonder last Monday and the debarkation letter only mentions the main dining rooms and Cove Café. However, the cruise director announced earlier that Cabanas was open for breakfast. Shortly after eating at Tiana's all 11 of us spent several minutes trying to find a place to hide, gave up and had to leave. No "See ya real soon" banner in the atrium...just as well. We loved the 49th state with its seals, whales, gold panning, glaciers and ptarmigans (as hard to find as spell).

Cabanas is open but the buffet is reduced though, there won't be as much choices as they usually have on other mornings.

From what I remember there was no Mickey Waffles. :(

I think they just really don't want people to know, (like a pp mentioned, I think they want to limit the amount of people that come through)... it's a hidden gem!
We like Cabanas for debarkation morning because it's usually so sad saying goodbye to our waitstaff (again!) and we usually do express walkoff.
No Mickey waffles, but they still have Krispy Kremes! :cutie:

I have never head of Cabanas being open for breakfast nor the Cove Cafe, that is a nice option.

Actually every cruise I have been on has had Cabanas (previously Topsiders and Beach Blanket Buffet on the Magic and Wonder) open for breakfast as well as Cove Cafe. It may not be listed but will be available. I find Cabanas on the last morning so much easier than the MDR.

I have always found quite a nice offering at Cabanas....maybe not the full buffet of other mornings but I would not consider it slim offerings.

MJ

We normally have breakfast in Cabanas on debarkation day, too. It doesn't seem reduced to me. Tons of choices. I have also picked up bagels and fruit on the last full day and just had breakfast in the cabin.

In other threads, I had read comments from some that they would use Cabanas but wanted to revisit the MDR to say goodbye/tip their serving team from the cruise. Is that the primary dilemma in choosing between the two?

In other threads, I had read comments from some that they would use Cabanas but wanted to revisit the MDR to say goodbye/tip their serving team from the cruise. Is that the primary dilemma in choosing between the two?

We always say goodbye on the last night's dinner. More relaxed environment. Plus for us the primary dilemma would be getting up early enough for that last breakfast in the MDR, so that's not going to happen for us!

Although we love breakfast in the MDR on other days, on disembarkation day the menu is much more limited and the entire thing feels hectic. We give our servers their tip envelopes at the last dinner and say goodbye then so they know not to expect us at breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter