Breakfast near USH before it opens??

staceylacey1

Earning My Ears
We will be staying at DLR and driving up to USH for a one day visit on a Sunday to help with traffic. The park hours are 8-10 and we do not have the early entry. Is there anything open at 7am at the Citywalk for breakfast? I looked online, but they don't post hours for the restaurants. We would like to eat before entering the park, but we will probably leave our hotel before they start serving breakfast. Anything near by that we could stop at on our way in? We don't need anything fancy, but just something in our tummies to start our day. Thanks for the help in advance.

I don't know about near Universal, but you could go through the McDonald's drive-thru for egg McMuffins and coffee on your way out of Anaheim.

There's a Starbucks at CityWalk. You could just as easily order ahead at the location on Ball and Harbor or if there's one near your hotel and have it in the car. If you're looking for fast food, stop before Universal. There isn't a lot in the immediate area, and you're better off following the signs from the freeway than trying to navigate around and have to go back.

There are a few Dennys along the way if you like that.
Otherwise, if you can wait, I do suggest 3 broomsticks inside the park for breakfast.

I second eating at 3 broomsticks inside the park. If you are there early before park opening, there's a Cinnabon in Universal City Walk if you can handle that much sugar first thing in the morning.

Saddle Ranch is open for breakfast and right next to the gate for USH. You can go to yelp and type in breakfast and universal city to see what else has breakfast in the area.

EDIT TO ADD: It looks like Saddle Ranch opens too late for you.

The only thing we found open this past Friday was Starbucks in City Walk. Even Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf was still closed.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I think we will drive through it somewhere before we leave Anaheim, then maybe plan an early lunch at 3 broomsticks. :cool1:

I think Crepe Cafe at Citywalk would be open then.
They open at 9am. Park hours on weekends are usually 9, with the early hour at 8. OP said they're trying to go to an 8am park opening and looking for a 7am breakfast. Voodoo Doughnuts opened this week, but they haven't officially set their hours yet. I'd probably stop on the way out and have them for dessert or the next day for breakfast.

They open at 9am. Park hours on weekends are usually 9, with the early hour at 8. OP said they're trying to go to an 8am park opening and looking for a 7am breakfast. Voodoo Doughnuts opened this week, but they haven't officially set their hours yet. I'd probably stop on the way out and have them for dessert or the next day for breakfast.

Thank you for the info, we will play it safe and grab something on the way out of Anaheim. Then we can enjoy other goodies in the park.

And FYI the Starbucks at city walk does not participate in ordering through the app. In our experience.

There's a great little meighborhood restaurant across the street. It's called Good Neighbor Restaurant. I went there all the time when I lived in the immediate area. Not tons of parking, but they open at 7.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!