Breakfast location on Free Half-Board promotion

steve_rob

Mine? Mine? Mine? Mine?
Anyone had any experiences with the breakfast you get if you book a package that includes a Free Half-Board Dining plan? On the DLP website, it seems to suggest that Half-Board breakfasts are in your hotel if you pay for them, but that the free ones "might" be located in the park and you will be told the location when you check in. If anyone's done this before, where did you end up eating?

We're probably going to be staying at the Disneyland Hotel and have had the breakfast buffets there many a time before, plus have done a few in-park ones previously, and obviously much prefer the hotel one as it had WAY more choices including a lot more hot food. It also isn't clear which half-board package you'd get; I'm assuming it's Standard, not Plus or Premium (they're not going to give away their best packages for free surely?), but it would be good to confirm.

Usually we book our holiday more than 12 months in advance, so typically get on board while the 1 or 2 nights free early booking deal is available, but this year we've had to leave it later than usual, so it's a completely different deal and we're trying to work out if it's better for us cost wise or not.

Just booked my first stay (with free half board included) so not an expert by any means, but in my research, it appears that your meal plan depends on your hotel- and the DLH booking will give you the premium plan. As for the location of breakfast, when I started researching last summer, I also found the wording indicating that breakfast could be in the park. But when I finally booked this past week, and read all the fine print on the offer page, it stated the breakfast would be in the hotel. If you go to the offer page, and scroll down, you should be able to find the dining plan information. Would love to hear if anyone has conflicting information/recent experiences.

Just booked my first stay (with free half board included) so not an expert by any means, but in my research, it appears that your meal plan depends on your hotel- and the DLH booking will give you the premium plan.
Where did you find that the info that it depends on hotel? Think I’m going to book DLH as well, and cant figure out which meal plan we'd get.

Also,..
does this mean we need to make reservations?

It’s also on the offer page towards the bottom in a colored section. You need to scroll through. The Disneyland Hotel comes with Premium dining it appears. And yes- reservations are accepted 2 months prior:).
Where did you find that the info that it depends on hotel? Think I’m going to book DLH as well, and cant figure out which meal plan we'd get.

Also,..
does this mean we need to make reservations?

It’s also on the offer page towards the bottom in a colored section. You need to scroll through. The Disneyland Hotel comes with Premium dining it appears. And yes- reservations are accepted 2 months prior:).
Ahh! Thank you! I was so confused lol.
So no reservations for breakfast? Just for lunch/dinner?

Ahh! Thank you! I was so confused lol.
So no reservations for breakfast? Just for lunch/dinner?
Well, I’m still planning my first trip so not certain if there are any character breakfasts that would need a reservation. I’ve read that reservations are not as crazy as in WDW with the exception of Chez Remy and Jacks. Happy planning!

Well, I've got my answer. Went ahead with the booking and in the PDF that I was e-mailed with all my details was the following text (bold/colour emphasis mine):

Special Offer Package
Disneyland® Hotel***** (Latitude (N): 48.87239 - Longitude (E): 2.78391) for 2 adults arrival on 17/09/2019 departure on 22/09/2019
Superior Room with Terrace for 2 persons with 1 large double bed (breakfast not included unless indicated otherwise)
If you have booked extras and/or Park tickets, they will be given to you upon presentation of this letter at the hotel reception. You may arrive at any moment of the day.
The rooms are available from 3pm on your arrival day and must be vacated at 11am on your departure day
Breakfast in Hotel for 2 adults
Voucher half board Premium per person and per night for 2 adults from 17/09/2019 to 22/09/2019
Park Tickets for the Disney Parks for 6 days for 2 adults

So I'm pretty pleased with that - might not have been the two nights free offer that we were originally hoping for, but getting 25% off, plus free breakfast in the hotel (which we would have probably paid for) plus one other free meal per day (which we wouldn't normally have), I think is a really good deal for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter