Breakfast in the Hotel Room

We do breakfast in the room too. I like to bring hard boiled eggs to try to get some protein in in the morning and some fruit.

We usually grab a pastry somewhere or QS really quick. This trip I plan on doing a garden grocer order for milk, cereal, fruit, bread, peanut butter and eggs. I plan on using the coffee maker to make hard boiled eggs. I told DD my plan and she said "How could you suggest such a thing when Mickey waffles exist." Oh lord. I told her it won't be for everyday but at least 5 out of our 10 mornings. I hate fake eggs so I won't eat those at QS and I like to start my day with eggs if I can. I can't do sugary carbs everyday in the morning. I will start to crash and burn.

How do you make hard-boiled eggs with the coffee maker? I'm always amazed at the ingenious hacks people have for their trips! We prefer to have eggs too.

How do you make hard-boiled eggs with the coffee maker? I'm always amazed at the ingenious hacks people have for their trips! We prefer to have eggs too.

I've never tried it but I saw on Youtube that you just fill the pot up with hot water that runs through the coffee pot and place your eggs in there for about 15 minutes. Then you have hard boiled eggs!

We always go to Publix for their bakery danish, their brand of greek yogurt in individual cups, pre-cut fruit, and paper towels.

I pack plastic utensils.

I am bringing a mini waffle iron. It's TINY. About the size of an Eggo waffle. It only cost like $8 from Bed Bath and Beyond, and super easy to pack. Then I put in a ziplock bag (double it so no leaking) Aunt Jemima Just add Water mix. It's so easy. I have even packed maple syrup and packed it, but they sell the fake stuff onsite in the resort stores. I'm going to try and cook an egg in the mini iron too, as others have suggested to me.
My daughter doesn't eat traditional dry breakfast foods. No cereal, no oatmeal, no bars, no bananas. She is used to a diner-style breakfast (pancakes, bacon, eggs, etc). But this will work for us. The waffle iron is so small and easy to pack. Literally it fits in your hand. Great purchase.

We take Pop Tarts, soft bagels, a jar of peanut butter, granola bars, beef sticks, graham crackers, dry cereal in our checked luggage. We buy milk and donuts at the hotel gift shop.

I am bringing a mini waffle iron. It's TINY. About the size of an Eggo waffle. It only cost like $8 from Bed Bath and Beyond, and super easy to pack. Then I put in a ziplock bag (double it so no leaking) Aunt Jemima Just add Water mix. It's so easy. I have even packed maple syrup and packed it, but they sell the fake stuff onsite in the resort stores. I'm going to try and cook an egg in the mini iron too, as others have suggested to me.
My daughter doesn't eat traditional dry breakfast foods. No cereal, no oatmeal, no bars, no bananas. She is used to a diner-style breakfast (pancakes, bacon, eggs, etc). But this will work for us. The waffle iron is so small and easy to pack. Literally it fits in your hand. Great purchase.

Just so you are aware, technically guests are not allowed to bring in cooking equipment.

I like Labrada Protein Drinks (Banana or Cookies and Cream), Protein Bars (Cookie Dough or Birthday Cake) and Red Bull for the days I don't have breakfast in the park.

I just pack it in my checked luggage.

I have packed a toaster and bagels in my suitcase before, it was enough to get us going, when we go in Aug we have a lot of late lunches so I think I might have to try something more, so thank you for this post! I am going to try some of these hacks ( I have to travel for work next weekend so will let you know about the eggs)!

We did an Amazon Prime Now order for our groceries and filled in with a few things from the resort food court (Pop Century). From Amazon we ordered a loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter and added a few jelly packets from the food court. Most mornings my son and I had a PBJ for breakfast. I also ordered some yogurt smoothies for us to drink with that PBJ and applesauce pouches as well. My husband prefers a hot breakfast so most mornings he got himself a food court breakfast but the portions are huge so he shared with my son who likes a bigger breakfast than I do. It worked out fairly well.

We bring a travel size kettle and make instant oatmeal in the room (I bring packets, brown sugar, dried raisin and cranberries and disposable bowls and spoons). We only bring cereal individual boxes and buy milk at the gist shop.

WHATEVER YOU FIND too bring for food, really think about using Amazon Pantry to ship the order to your hotel room and pick it up at the front desk when you arrive. Saves you the weight and hassle when flying that stuff down.

Only the DVC resorts have actual coffee pots unless you are staying offsite. All the rest have Cuisinart single cup coffee makers.

We are driving down for our July trip and bringing a cooler. My list for breakfast and snacks for in room include: mini muffins, donuts/pastries, bagels and cream cheese, cereal and milk, cheeses cubes, bananas, berries, yogurt, peanut butter, jelly, bread, granola bars, gold fish, trail mix, cheese crackers, pretzels, orange juice, water, drink mix packets and some soda. I have a 12 yo dd that eats like a bird, but eats many small meals in a day along with a dh that has a “hollow leg”.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter