Breakfast in the Hotel Room

100AcreWood

DIS Veteran
Any suggestions for things to bring for breakfast in the hotel room. I was thinking granola bars but I would love some new ideas. We usually drive but we're flying.

My DS can't do most granola bars right now because of braces. We've taken pre-packaged mini muffins, Belvita Breakfast Biscuits, and even peanut butter crackers. If you're driving, there are also breakfast shakes that don't need to be refrigerated until they're opened.

We always do milk and cereal for breakfast, and most all resorts sell milk or you can have it delivered. We also do fresh fruit and muffins, but I guess you’d have to have them delivered as well. Maybe cereal bars would be easy to pack.

We like to order from instacart and typically eat almost all breakfasts in the room. We always get bagels/cream cheese, muffins, cereal, milk, yogurt and fruit.

We always bring the little boxes of cereal. We never buy those at home so it is a big deal!

:goodvibes I remember when I was little (a long time ago) that this was a HUGE treat for us. Traveling alone was a treat but when Mom brought these little boxes it was the best part of our day.

Do they still work to slit them open and then pour your milk directly in the box to use as a bowl?

:goodvibes I remember when I was little (a long time ago) that this was a HUGE treat for us. Traveling alone was a treat but when Mom brought these little boxes it was the best part of our day.

Do they still work to slit them open and then pour your milk directly in the box to use as a bowl?
Isn’t it funny how exciting a little box of cereal can be? Yes, they do sell them like that still. I like to use them as leverage “first kid to fall asleep gets to pick their cereal first in the morning.” Hahaha!

Isn’t it funny how exciting a little box of cereal can be? Yes, they do sell them like that still. I like to use them as leverage “first kid to fall asleep gets to pick their cereal first in the morning.” Hahaha!

HUGE! The picking first, good play.

I buy a loaf of bread, a jar of peanut butter and a jar of jelly in the resort gift shop on the first day of our trip and we eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for breakfast most days (and my teenager and husband eat them as a bedtime snack sometimes, too). The bread, pb and jelly cost me about $12.

I bake muffins, buy the little cereal boxes, pop tarts (I never buy these at home) and pack them in my suitcase. Buy 2L of milk at the food court,breakfast for a week.

Yes they do! I am convinced there is something special there because my kid goes crazy for them despite his choice of eggs, cereal in a normal bowl, and french toast, haha!

We purchased breakfast and late night snacks for our family on Amazon Prime Now. The things that we had for breakfast (and got from Amazon Prime Now) were: Cereal & Milk; Yogurt; Apples & Peanut Butter; Cheese and Crackers. We also got some strawberries, grapes, and almonds to supplement as needed.

I'm taking advantage of getting free checked baggage to pack cereal cups, shelf-stable milk boxes, cheese sticks, fruit leathers, fruit/nut bars, graham crackers, and Starbucks Doubleshots (only for me, heh). I would love to pack PB&Js for the parks but I only like them on toasted bread and bringing a toaster seems overboard!

My kid has aged out of being willing to eat the fruit/vegetable "squeezers" (purees in pouches), but when he was younger I brought along tons of them to WDW to make sure he was getting fruits and vegetables in his diet.

Bananas, berries, grapes, yogurt, cottage cheese, cereal, milk, OJ, apple juice, muffins, bagels and cream cheese, granola bars. Those are the staples we order every year for our group. Easy to eat and won't cause battles to help us get out quickly in the morning.

We do Amazon Prime Now too. We used to use Garden Grocer. We get things like: cereal bars, muffins, yogurt poptarts, bagels, cereal and milk, fresh fruit. We also order bottled water, juice boxes for the kids, and soft drinks to take to the park with us. We will usually also build in one sit down character breakfast and one day at the food court for breakfast to break it up a little.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter