Breakfast at Cape May then DHS, where to park?

SHammett

Mouseketeer
Our family of 7 will be driving to Cape May for breakfast, then planning to walk or ride gondola or boat to Studios for the day. I’m assuming I can’t leave my car at the Boardwalk all day or can I?

Cape May is at the Beach Club, not the Boardwalk. The only way to leave your car there is to valet it. I think it’s $25 or $35 now.

You won’t want to take the Skyliner as that is out the way (you would have to change lines at Caribbean Beach). The boat or walking is your best option from the Beach Club.

I would park at BC eat breakfast then drive to DHS. Or park at DHS take boat/walk/gondola to Beach Club and back. It depends how pressed for time you are. the walk and boat are about the same time. From BC via skyliner it will take about 20 min (if it doesn't stop)

Cape May is at the Beach Club, not the Boardwalk. The only way to leave your car there is to valet it. I think it’s $25 or $35 now.

You won’t want to take the Skyliner as that is out the way (you would have to change lines at Caribbean Beach). The boat or walking is your best option from the Beach Club.
Boat's about 15 minutes. Skyliner's about 20 minutes, including transfer. Factoring in the typical wait for a boat, they're about equal.

Many people, including me, would consider the Skyliner more enjoyable.

You cannot stay parked there as you are not a guest - you will need to go from Beach Club to Hollywood Studios to park and then into the parks - personally, I would not do a non-park breakfast on a park day

Boat's about 15 minutes. Skyliner's about 20 minutes, including transfer. Factoring in the typical wait for a boat, they're about equal.

Many people, including me, would consider the Skyliner more enjoyable.

Yes, we’ve never ridden the gondolas, so thought that may be fun

You cannot stay parked there as you are not a guest - you will need to go from Beach Club to Hollywood Studios to park and then into the parks - personally, I would not do a non-park breakfast on a park day

Our tickets are the mid day ones that allow entry beginning at 12, so thought a nice breakfast close to the park would be nice. Normally I agree with you, we’d be at rope drop if we had the full day tickets.

Staying off site at Bonnet Creek
I would park at DHS before breakfast and walk to Cape May. You could also take the boat or the skyliner.

You could also self park at the beach club and then drive to DHS after breakfast. It's definitely the faster option, but I prefer to just park the car once and be done with it.

Another option is to pay to valet park at the beach club so you can stay parked there all day. The disadvantage is making your way back at the end of the night when everyone is tired.

Last edited:
I would park at DHS before breakfast and walk to Cape May. You could also take the bus or the skyliner.

You could also self park at the beach club and then drive to DHS after breakfast. It's definitely the faster option, but I prefer to just park the car once and be done with it.

Another option is to pay to valet park at the beach club so you can stay parked there all day. The disadvantage is making your way back at the end of the night when everyone is tired.

I agree about parking once and being done with it! We will plan on parking at DHS and walking or riding over. If we end up being pushed for time to get to Cape May for our reservation time, it’s good to know we can valet and leave the car there for the day👍🏻

I would park at DHS before breakfast and walk to Cape May. You could also take the bus or the skyliner.
Boats start at 8am; currently that's also opening time for Skyliner.

There are normally no buses, but when I was driving a few years ago, we would arrange to drop Guests at the Epcot resorts if they were traveling there before the boats started. I don't know whether that's still done.

Boats start at 8am; currently that's also opening time for Skyliner.

There are normally no buses, but when I was driving a few years ago, we would arrange to drop Guests at the Epcot resorts if they were traveling there before the boats started. I don't know whether that's still done.
I mistyped. I meant boat instead of bus

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter