Breakfast at Boma vs Cape May Cafe

Djsbride

Mouseketeer
I'm staying at Beach Club in a couple of weeks. I just snagged a reservation (thanks touring plans!) for breakfast at Cape May. The problem is that we're planning on eating breakfast at our hotel room every day except on our second day. I originally had breakfast booked at Boma for that day, since I've heard is the best buffet at WDW, but now that Cape May opened up, I'm wondering which one I should cancel. I'm traveling with my sons 5 and 8 and husband. Part of me says do Cape May for the characters and the experience as this is our first trip to Disney, but part of me wants to see what Boma is all about. What do you guys suggest?

We loved Cape May breakfast! The food was great and the characters were really cute. It will also be nice just being able to head down to breakfast rather than having to worry about transportation to another resort. I’ve never been to Boma though so I suppose I probably have a biased review haha

We loved Cape May breakfast! The food was great and the characters were really cute. It will also be nice just being able to head down to breakfast rather than having to worry about transportation to another resort. I’ve never been to Boma though so I suppose I probably have a biased review haha
That's what I'm thinking. Our breakfast reservation is at 10:40am, it gives us time to sleep in and then head to breakfast, right after breakfast the kids can just enjoy the pool if the weather is nice, since we don't have to go to the park that day until 3pm.

I'm traveling with my sons 5 and 8 and husband. Part of me says do Cape May for the characters and the experience as this is our first trip to Disney, but part of me wants to see what Boma is all about. What do you guys suggest?
I think because you are staying at BC I would lean towards cape may. I say this because getting to another resort, unless you have a car, takes multiple buses which just adds an element of stress that isn't necessary. Or you pay for a minnie van.

I have not eaten at cape may-so I can't comment on the food there, but have eaten at Boma -- it is a very good buffet, with nice animal viewing if you venture out after your meal. A visit to Jambo house is impressive too and you could make it into a more relaxed morning with animal viewing and checking out the store there. But if characters are important then keep cape may. Put Boma on your list to do next visit (because i am sure you will want to go back) Keep your morning simple because you will certainly appreciate just walking to the restaurant.

I think because you are staying at BC I would lean towards cape may. I say this because getting to another resort, unless you have a car, takes multiple buses which just adds an element of stress that isn't necessary. Or you pay for a minnie van.

I have not eaten at cape may-so I can't comment on the food there, but have eaten at Boma -- it is a very good buffet, with nice animal viewing if you venture out after your meal. A visit to Jambo house is impressive too and you could make it into a more relaxed morning with animal viewing and checking out the store there. But if characters are important then keep cape may. Put Boma on your list to do next visit (because i am sure you will want to go back) Keep your morning simple because you will certainly appreciate just walking to the restaurant.
We have a reservation at Sanaa on our AK day midday break. I'll make sure to visit Jambo house that day :)

I would always choose the ADR that is in my resort over one across property, especially one that would require your own car, transferring busses, or getting a Lyft/Uber to get there.

Cape May is very laid back, the most relaxing of the character meals I think. Boma is good but not good enough to haul my cookies all the way out there just for breakfast.

For food BOMA wins.
Obviously for characters Cape May wins
(the price is tied more to the experience than food with Character meals).
For something different and beautiful resort to see (and the animals) BOMA wins.
For a more peaceful/quiet room, due to the room design, Cape May wins.

I would say it boils down to transportation. Do you have a car? then I'd pick BOMA.
BUT I don't need anymore Character Meals, I am more about the food BUT
it's your first trip so a character meal could be special for your kids and memories.
And if you are relying on Disney transportation, pick Cape May.

For food BOMA wins.
Obviously for characters Cape May wins
(the price is tied more to the experience than food with Character meals).
For something different and beautiful resort to see (and the animals) BOMA wins.
For a more peaceful/quiet room, due to the room design, Cape May wins.

I would say it boils down to transportation. Do you have a car? then I'd pick BOMA.
BUT I don't need anymore Character Meals, I am more about the food BUT
it's your first trip so a character meal could be special for your kids and memories.
And if you are relying on Disney transportation, pick Cape May.
Thanks! We don't have a car, we will rely just on Disney transportation. Cape May wins.

Definitely Cape May. We stay at Beach Club usually and Cape May is a must do. It is absolutely delicious - tons of variety and the characters are so fun. I have never done Boma breakfast, but I did do Boma dinner when we stayed at AKL and it was fine...slightly better than buffet fare but I wouldn't travel out of my way to go there.

Thanks! We don't have a car, we will rely just on Disney transportation. Cape May wins.

There is the time and ease to eat at resorts - for lunch & dinner -
but utilizing the park buses ... to eat breakfast at another resort (not attached to a park) without a car is difficult, can be costly and you can lose lots of time.

You'll enjoy Cape May. :thumbsup2
Especially for a first trip and young kids.
The characters are in great beach outfits,
great photo op, decent normal breakfast food,
not too loud with the restaurant broken up
and can't beat location for you.

We thought boma dinner was our least favorite in all of our trips. I went once and never again it just wasn't very good. We love the resort it is at but it is definitely on our tried but not our favorite especially the for the price list. I feel like cape may has the best breakfast ....the made to order omelets are awesome and although the buffet isnt extensive everything is really good

I'm staying at Beach Club in a couple of weeks. I just snagged a reservation (thanks touring plans!) for breakfast at Cape May. The problem is that we're planning on eating breakfast at our hotel room every day except on our second day. I originally had breakfast booked at Boma for that day, since I've heard is the best buffet at WDW, but now that Cape May opened up, I'm wondering which one I should cancel. I'm traveling with my sons 5 and 8 and husband. Part of me says do Cape May for the characters and the experience as this is our first trip to Disney, but part of me wants to see what Boma is all about. What do you guys suggest?

Another vote for Cape May. We've never had breakfast at Boma, but we love Cape May (it's our favorite breakfast on property). The buffet has a lot of variety and the characters are so cute dressed in beach wear. Have a great trip :wizard:.

Our breakfast reservation is at 10:40am, it gives us time to sleep in and then head to breakfast, right after breakfast the kids can just enjoy the pool if the weather is nice, since we don't have to go to the park that day until 3pm.

I think that's a great plan :thumbsup2.

Cape May for sure! I love the food there, and the characters. Bonus that your resort is the BC. So much easier than taking multiple buses to AKL. Not worth it.

Love them both. 10:40 ish is our favorite time to go to Cape May- with the ease of lacation it will be a winner. Where are your other breakfasts planned maybe you can drop one of those and go to Boma?

Love them both. 10:40 ish is our favorite time to go to Cape May- with the ease of lacation it will be a winner. Where are your other breakfasts planned maybe you can drop one of those and go to Boma?
That's the only breakfast we have planned, the rest we're eating in our room.

Definitely Cape May since you're staying at BC and relying on Disney transport. Also because you'll have kids with you and they'll get to meet characters at Cape May. One thing I grossly underestimated on our first trip with the kids was all the travel time involved in getting around Disney property. This is especially true when it comes to dining at other resorts. We've been to Boma and it was good and I loved seeing Animal Kingdom Lodge but it's a real time killer getting over there and back.

Have a great trip!

i was team Boma (it really is amazing, and it took me about 15 years of visits to go) until you mentioned your kids. For kids, it's got to be the characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter