Breakfast and snack items???

Pegg

Mouseketeer
Ok everyone is saying to bring breakfast and snack items. DD and I are not big sweet eaters especially in the early mornings, so we wouldn't eat poptarts.
Don't plan to carry snacks to packs unless it is something little for DD.
What are things we could bring that will not crush and be in little bitty peices?

How about fruit? I pack a collapsible cooler and ziplock bags. I get yogurt and we like the little bags of carrots.Keep the cooler filled with ice from the machine in the hallway. Pretty much anything that doesn't need cooling is crushable and crunchy too many carbs. If anyone else has any ideas I would like to hear them. I also have found the tuna fish in a plastic bag and its not too bad. You can get mayo, mustard, relish from the fast food places at the resorts. Also the sting Cheese but needs to be in the cooler too.

My DH doesnt like sweets for b-fast either. Im planning on putting some bagels and a loaf of cheese bread in hard plastic containers for his b-fast. He will also eat corn flakes - we'll bring the small boxes of cereal and some powdered milk. We wont have a frig, but I can mix enough milk in a drink bottle at night and put it in the cooler for the morning :) The kids have asked for fruit, yogurt, and muffins.

Does anyone know if cream cheese, go-gurt and string cheese has to be refrigerated before being opened? Im wondering if I can pack them in the box or if we will need to stop on the way from the airport.

Thanks!

Sheila

I know you can freeze the go gurt or any type yogurt tubes and they are good for about 6 hours. But it has to be frozen solid though...no mushy parts..

We usually packed those, and they acted as ice coolers for the other things.

WE found that we like the austin crackers. These packed very well and did not crush in my pack back. I stood them up in one of the flaps. These made you feel like you ate but not stuffed and helped if anybody got motion sickness. Ate those everyday at the parks and washed it down with Gatorade, I am a BIG diet coke drinker and at the parks found myself searching out the frozen gatorade! ON our drive home we have pop in the cooler and still stopped and bought gatorade cuase we enjoyed it so much at the parks. I may be a convert!:rolleyes:

We like to take some fruit. I have taken (very green!) bananas. Also single serving cups of applesauce and fruit (Dole Selects). Also crackers and that squirt cheese in a can (not really nutritous, but fun!) The kids love it.

I don't thin I would pack String cheese with out refig for longer than a few hours. I have frozen items at home and packed them in a cooler for the trip on the plane and the stuff was still frozen the next day.

We were at Disney last summer. We packed powdered milk & a container to mix it in. We got a frig for the room & stored it in there. We brought along Carnation Instant Breakfast (in the pouches) & had that every morning for breakfast. We brought those single serving cereal boxes for the kids - if they weren't hungary before we left the room they took a box with them & ate it later in the day.

You can bring a med. size plastic tote cooler from home with a few starter items then purchase additional items from any resort store. Fill it up daily with ice from the resort and things will keep ALL week long. Put things in tupperware containers or ziplock bags to keep things fresh and dry. You could bring meats and cheese, cream cheese, condiments, etc. You can get milk daily from the resort in various sizes.

We now own DVC but we used to fix lots of things in our room pre-DVC. We brought pringles (travels real well) cookies , crackers, dried fruit, and fresh fruit for snacks. And canned meat (tuna, shrimp, chicken, crab meat) for sandwiches. We would save the mayo and mustard packets from take out places to mix with. As long as you use the whole can there is no waste or put it in a little container on ice. I also would bring a roll of paper towels and little plastic bowls and paper plates. Don't forget the can opener. They do sell bread in the store. Also a little bottle filled with dish detergent to wash things up in the sink. My old camping days have come in handy for a little creative thinking.

Hope this helps.

My husband is not a big breakfast eater, but he enjoys peanut butter sandwiches for breakfast, individual packets of peanuts, cheese crackers with peanut butter, fruit, cereal. My son also like instant oatmeal or instant grits, hot chocolate mix and I take tea bags for hot tea (I have a thing you can put in a cup of water and heat it, be sure and use a real cup, not plastic).

Dried fruit and trail mix (do not get the type with candy that can melt) is also nice if you like that type thing.

I usually take lunchables on the plane, even if we have ordered the kids meals. I can pull them out when my kids are hungry and they have everything you need right in them. The pizza and taco ones are also good entertainment on a long flight since you have to "make" them yourself. :D

Lunchable sound like a GREAT idea for my 3 y/o I'm going to have to pack plenty of them in our cooler!!!

For breakfast we are bringing bagels, cream cheese (frozen when we leave), cereal, instant oatmeal, and individual size canned peaches and pears. I plan to purchase milk and oj at the resort gift shop.

In addition to the things mentioned above, I like cereal bars. The Entenmann oatmeal, apple, and raisin bars are really good.

I also like the tuna and seafood salad that's already mixed with crackers in the same package. The graham crackers you dip in apples are good, too.

Cereal bars are our staple for breakfast. Dried fruit is another good idea for a breakfast or a snack. I had never thought of the powdered milk. That is a good idea. But my kids always drink chocolate milk at WDW. That is what they get with every kids meal so they are still drinking their milk. And chocolate milk is fine for a week or two.
Smuckers has some peanut butter and jelly with ritz type crackers packaged up like a lunchable that is sold right by the peanut butter and jelly. Those are my girls absolute favorite. They are messy though. A wet washcloth in a baggie is a good solution for that until you can get to a sink.
If breakfast is hard to pack eat breakfast out and pack lunch. It all works out to be the same. Pack one meal a day. Breakfast is our choice and then you can eat it in the room or car (or bus if they let you) to save time.

I pack some things (fruit, crackers, etc.) in Tupperware so that I can put them in my checked baggage. After we get to our room I take them out and fill the containers with ice so that as the ice melts things stay dry in the cooler. When we go home, I pack breakables in the containers and stick crumpled paper around them. I have been able to take Xmas ornaments, mugs etc. home with no breakage.

I was amazed that a pb sandwich , and chips with con-queso tasted sooo good, at the water park, after eating out for so many days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter