Brand new to doing the 5k- talk me through it please

Kebby

DIS Veteran
Last year my kids did the kids race, and we decided this year to do the 5k.

Can someone walk me through how this will work?

Race starts at 5 30. What time do I need to be at epcot? There are buses, correct?

What time can I expect to be back at poly? I am sure we will be starved by then. 8 am ish?

Race begins at 5:30AM.

If you are using Disney transportation to the start you need to be on a bus no later than 3:30AM to make the start. It really depends on what time you start the race and how long it takes you to determine what time you will be back at the Polynesian. You should be back by 8AM though.

I am sure we will be starved by then.

Bring food. It starts early and especially if you guys are new to that distance you will likely want something in your bellies. Check a gear bag with clif bars or something for after, or eat what’s in the food box they give the finishers.

A couple of things to note. The monorail will NOT run on 5k morning, so you would have to take a bus even from the Poly. I've found that driving/parking on 5k morning is very easy, since there are no road closures involved.

Get there early and enjoy the pre-race atmosphere! When you check in to your resort, they should have a board that denotes transportation time for the 5K so you can prepare!

Thank you!

So if I bring a backpack with food and a jacket, is there somewhere to put it? Do I have to pre book a year check

Thank you!

So if I bring a backpack with food and a jacket, is there somewhere to put it? Do I have to pre book a year check

When you pick up your bib and race shirt, you’ll get a clear plastic sling bag that you can store your items and check them to be held when you’re ready to go to your corral until you finish the race! You like won’t need the backpack - you can just put the food in your clear bag!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter