Boys want a pirate room

DawnM

DIS Veteran
I have some ideas.....but I got the Disney pirate flyer at Home Depot and the boys thought it was too "dark" so they want to make it a little more fun in nature and not dark (or scary as my 3 year old says.)

Ideas? Bring them on!!!!

Thanks,

dawn

Here is what we are doing for our DS who will be 5 June 19. My mom bought him the comforters from Wal Mart, not sure on a color for the walls yet. We bought him the POTC lamp from Disneyshopping.com, I am also getting him a scull/crossbones flag for his wall, we are buying cream/beige color curtains that DH is going to paint a treasure map on. For a chaper lamp you could do a red shade with a black X on it, we may do a border, I want to see what Home Depot has.

Hope this helps

We are doing our boys room in a pirate theme.
I painted 3/4 up the wall in Vintage blue (Laura Ashley - Lowes) and the top 1/4 and the ceiling in Bounty same maker.
This is the border we picked, Home Depot and Lowes didn't have anything Piraty in stock last time I looked. They may have something for POTC now.

http://www.muralsforkids.com/product_info.php?products_id=662

They have pirate sheets and pillows from Disney Shopping, and the pirate lamp that is in the flyer from HD, also from Disney Shopping.
They have 2 sets of black bunk beds we bought at Raymour and Flanigan.

For curtains we are trying to track down Jolly Roger pirate flags for the windows. If I can't find any my mom will probably make them. For toys I'm going to get treasure chests. I think Michael's or ACMoore had some unfinished ones. And in the corner of the room, DH is going to build a crows nest with in the wall book cases for a reading area.

It's not finished yet but we are getting there.

Good Luck!!

Thanks guys. Keep the ideas coming. I love those old world treasure map borders!

We are starting to get an idea of what we want.

Dawn

Oh, I should mention they have their own bathroom in their room too, so that will need to be decorated.

Dawn

We are doing our boys room in a pirate theme.
I painted 3/4 up the wall in Vintage blue (Laura Ashley - Lowes) and the top 1/4 and the ceiling in Bounty same maker.
This is the border we picked, Home Depot and Lowes didn't have anything Piraty in stock last time I looked. They may have something for POTC now.

http://www.muralsforkids.com/product_info.php?products_id=662

They have pirate sheets and pillows from Disney Shopping, and the pirate lamp that is in the flyer from HD, also from Disney Shopping.
They have 2 sets of black bunk beds we bought at Raymour and Flanigan.

For curtains we are trying to track down Jolly Roger pirate flags for the windows. If I can't find any my mom will probably make them. For toys I'm going to get treasure chests. I think Michael's or ACMoore had some unfinished ones. And in the corner of the room, DH is going to build a crows nest with in the wall book cases for a reading area.

It's not finished yet but we are getting there.

Good Luck!!

I think you have opened up a whole new world to me! One, I've never heard of that website, and two-I didn't realize RTG had added POTC furniture! Last I saw was Cars stuff! Thanks for the links!

I think you have opened up a whole new world to me! One, I've never heard of that website, and two-I didn't realize RTG had added POTC furniture! Last I saw was Cars stuff! Thanks for the links!

Go figure!! LOL I just opened the link not realizing that Rooms to Go had a link of it's own. That ship bed is really cool!!

Have fun decorating!!

OMG! I had actually FORGOTTON to go and look at that set!

Wow! I really like that black pirate ship; HOWEVER, I doubt my husband would let me spend that much on it! :confused3

We got black bunks from Raymour and flanigan, And they are nice, really bulky and solid like the bunks on a ship. I'll have to snap a pic when their room is clean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter