Bowling...

DD12’s tournament didn’t go too well. She was really intimidated by having to bowl with the 13-15 age group (she’ll be 13 when the next “season” starts, so they made her move up for the tournament). She had:

She’s never had to bowl 6 games before (typically 3), so that intimidated her as well. Her season ending average was 130, so she didn’t do terrible. But, she was really bummed to come up short of her average.

I used to love to bowl! I was in leagues when I was a kid, then when one of my jobs had our own league. I impressed everyone with my mad skills. It was fun. I miss it! It still bothers me though that I couldn't be on the team in high school. If you were on a school team you couldn't be in a league, so my mom made me stay in the leagues because I had earned $250 in scholarship money. Improve my game with coaching and possibly get a great scholarship or keep that $250. Yeah, my mom was never good at gambling.

That’s the best part about having children. We get the bumpers “for the kids.”

Everyone bowls with the bumpers now...lol We went a few weeks ago with friends and I think we were the only lane without bumpers. Haha If we would've known we could ask for them, we would've. :laughing:

Everyone bowls with the bumpers now...lol We went a few weeks ago with friends and I think we were the only lane without bumpers. Haha If we would've known we could ask for them, we would've. :laughing:

At our local alley, you program the bumpers in when you punch in the names. They will raise or lower for individuals that do or don’t want them.

For old folks like me who never had the option as a youth, they’re more of a hindrance than a help. Too distracting & they make me feel claustrophobic. Even as badly out of practice as I am, I bowl better without them.

At our local alley, you program the bumpers in when you punch in the names. They will raise or lower for individuals that do or don’t want them.

That's pretty cool! At our place you tell the front desk and someone comes out to manually raise them.

I've been itching to go bowling. have not went in almost 5 years.
Might try to do the midnight bowling next weekend.

I bowled in high school and it was fun. My dad’s been on a league for many years. His high game was 298 and he got a ring.

I bowled in high school and it was fun. My dad’s been on a league for many years. His high game was 298 and he got a ring.

298 is heartbreaking! Saw a kid bowl 299 a couple years back & one of the alley workers carelessly ran through his line of sight on the final ball. He was NOT pleased with her LOL

Went a few months ago for the first time in ages, and had a lot of fun! I'm not great, but I do OK.

Both my parents bowled in leagues when I was kid, and I would sometimes keep score for my Dad's (back when it was paper and pen). - The group I went with was impressed when I could explain what the computer was doing. :rotfl:

I am on a mixed league. Our team is way out in 1st place, with only 2 weeks to go! :banana: I am the low person on the team with a 119 average but I am consistant!

TC :cool1:

Are you me? Mixed league bowler here. Usually take 1st place. I am low on the team - finished with a 125 this year, I think?

DD12’s tournament didn’t go too well. She was really intimidated by having to bowl with the 13-15 age group (she’ll be 13 when the next “season” starts, so they made her move up for the tournament). She had:

She’s never had to bowl 6 games before (typically 3), so that intimidated her as well. Her season ending average was 130, so she didn’t do terrible. But, she was really bummed to come up short of her average.

My son bowled in the state tournament this past weekend - 9 games.. It was a LONG day. I think his season-ending average was 146 or 149...can't remember. He ended up:

My brother used to bowl in a league and their team name was ‘I can’t believe it’s not gutter’ LOL

Dd17’s team this year was “Livin On A Spare”.

Those are cute! My league, my team - well, it is not a family friendly name. Relates to the 10 pin..

Are you me? Mixed league bowler here. Usually take 1st place. I am low on the team - finished with a 125 this year, I think?

My son bowled in the state tournament this past weekend - 9 games.. It was a LONG day. I think his season-ending average was 146 or 149...can't remember. He ended up:

Those are cute! My league, my team - well, it is not a family friendly name. Relates to the 10 pin..

9 games! Holy smokes!!!

My wife says I look like a Baseball Pitcher throwing a fastball when I bowl. No finesse, all brute force. Sometimes the ball never touches the ground before hitting the pins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter