Bowling...

I'm not good at it and it wrecks my fingernails. :scared1:
My husband and I used to bowl a lot, every tuesday, with a couple of his coworkers and their wives then life got in the way. But also my husband's work back when his Wellness Program you had to complete activities to earn points one of them was bowling which always made me laugh because the guys at work always had pitchers of beer..so you know healthwise...they don't have the same wellness program anymore where you have to do activites so the bowling league has long been gone.

Anyways the fingernails part was what I had to watch out for. My nails usually are strong but every now and then they aren't and bowling can be a killer on longer nails. I kept them a wee bit shorter than I usually did when we did a lot of bowling which sucked because I hate short nails and prefer longer ones (well to a point of course).

I fear since it's been several years since we bowled more frequently that if we started again I would be lousy, not that I was really all that great at it before but I wasn't terrible either.

I am better after 3 beers.

Everything is better after 3 beers.:teeth: I have never bowled. I suck at anything requiring any eye-hand coordination which includes all sports, even video games. I would be bad, I would not improve, and I'd just feel bad about myself. It's best that I just stick with being the best life coach I can be.:jester:

I used to bowl as a teen and had trophies.

All my sons bowled and were bowling coaches.

I haven't bowled because of several surgeries and now ds1 just had a hip replacement so he's not willing to try this yet again.

It's a fun indoor activity.

I bowled in a league as a teen and DW was on a women's team in her 20's. Both DD's are in a Saturday youth league. DD12 has alllllmost caught DD17 - they finished 1 pin apart in average this year. DD12 is better at strikes, but big sis is more consistent on spares. DD12 has a tournament in 2 weeks, so we'll probably practice this weekend :)

I haven’t been in years. We had a coupon for Pinstripes so we ate and bowled. It was an enjoyable evening. Probably won’t bowl again for another several years.

Summer is a great time to get good at bowling. AMF has a Summer Games, $36 for 3 months pass. up to 3 games a day. free shoe rentals. Mon-Thur is all day, Fri-Sun is before 2pm.
my scores were like 90-100, it went up to 170-180 after about the 2 months of continuous bowling...

funny story, i took my mom's friend's kid once, he actually scored higher than me and was all bragging about it.
we removed the bumper, and i destroyed him. XD

I bowl on a Wed Night Ladies League. Been participating for about three years this go around. I started out with about 115 average but now I'm up to about 150 average.

One of the ladies I bowl with bowls three times a week, the Wed Night Ladies League, a Mon night College League and a Fri night Fun League. She is really good and has about a 165 average.

But one of the other ladies on Wed night has a 110 average. That is the great thing about bowling. All the different average can bowl together because of the Handicap. Because it's not about how high your score is but how much better than your average.

And our 110 bowler has a bad game and bowls 100 so she is only 10pins down. But the rest of us between 150 and 165 have a bad game and bowl 120. We still bowled better than her average but now we are 30 - 45pins down. Making us much worse off than she is even though we bowled better.

I bowl on a Tuesday night ladies league. My average is 145. I bowled in a State tournament over the weekend and on Sunday in the third game I bowled a 212 (my average for the tournament was 136)!!!! My handicap was 84, so I won High Game with Handicap with a 296! They announced my name and score over the loudspeaker. So fun! I won a total of $190 and a pin for bowling a 200 game in a state tournament. It was the most exciting thing to happen to me in a long time. Sad, I know. Ha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter