Bourbon Tasting

moet7

DIS Veteran
Hi
For anyone who has done bourbon tasting on the ships. How many do you get to taste and which bourbons were offered.

Thanks!

It’s about a half ounce to an ounce pour; I believe we had 7. This was a couple of years ago so I don’t remember what was offered - sorry.

I attended one in November on the Fantasy and we tasted five different bourbons in and also got an Old Fashioned to sip on through. I managed to write down four of the five that we had, although in talking with the group (many of whom had done one before) the selections for the night are really at the discretion of the bartender leading the tasting. That night we had:
Buffalo Trace
Yellowstone
Woodford Reserve (double oak I think)
Jack Daniels Sinatra (while technically not labeled a bourbon, it was an interesting special release to try)

I found it to be fun and would do it again on my next cruise.
IMG_20181113_223919.jpg

Last edited:

Here’s a photo my husband took at his October tasting on the Fantasy. He enjoyed it, and found a new favorite to add to his stash at home.

upload_2019-1-20_10-9-47.jpeg

I haven't done it, but we just got off the Fantasy yesterday. We did another tasting and during it I talked to someone who did it on our cruise. He said there weren't very many people at it, so the bartender did some high end ones. I don't know anything about bourbons, but he said the cheapest one they tried would have been around $ 25-30 a drink if it had been ordered. So, if you do it, hope you get the same bartender and that not many people sign up for it, lol!

Here’s a photo my husband took at his October tasting on the Fantasy. He enjoyed it, and found a new favorite to add to his stash at home.

View attachment 376914
Interesting. The pictured Bourbon Tasting included one Irish and at least two Scotch whiskys, along with a Tennessee rye. Can’t read the last one, but that would mean at most only one true bourbon. Since I like bourbon and dislike the peatiness of Irish and Scotch whiskys, I would have been very disappointed with that tasting.

Interesting. The pictured Bourbon Tasting included one Irish and at least two Scotch whiskys, along with a Tennessee rye. Can’t read the last one, but that would mean at most only one true bourbon. Since I like bourbon and dislike the peatiness of Irish and Scotch whiskys, I would have been very disappointed with that tasting.

I noticed that too, but got so excited to see the MacCallan and Glenmorangie. Those are definitely not bourbons in my book, but they are good, high end drinks.

To be clear, that photo was from a whiskey tasting, not specifically a bourbon tasting. My memory is crap. Sorry for the confusion.
That makes the drink selection more suitable. I know lots of folks enjoy the premium Scotch whiskeys.

We did it on the Fantasy on our Very Merry. DH loves bourbon but I don't so he got mine too. Ali at Meridian did the tasting and the mixed drink he included was his own creation he did for Thanksgiving. it had maple syrup and lemon in it... I really liked that and a couple people didn't show so I was lucky enough to score a second one to enjoy.

The Tastings are a lot fun, but if you don't make it you could always talk to the bartenders in the bar that hosts it and have them serve you the ones that were offered so you can try them on your own.

To be clear, that photo was from a whiskey tasting, not specifically a bourbon tasting. My memory is crap. Sorry for the confusion.

Technically that would be a whisky/whiskey tasting. Scotch is considered a whisky (no "e"), but the Bourbon is a whiskey (with "e").

-Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter