Bouncing between HS and Epcot

Pdollar88

DIS Veteran
I has originally planned to do Epcot EMH on the morning of 9/6, then bounce to DHS from midday on before heading to Springs for dinner.

However, I am registered for the 7 am AP event at TSL. How exhausting will it be to bounce back and forth to keep that plan? Should I cut out Springs entirely?

And if I do keep that plan - how would you travel between parks? I was planning to walk in the morning and then take the boat midday.

I don't think it'll be exhausting, just time consuming.

After the TSL event I would walk to Epcot, then if heading back to HS I would take the bus or walk back. I'll never take those boats again unless they change the style because it's like sitting in an oven.

After 4pm you can take a bus to DS, but no bus goes from DS to a park

If you have a car, my suggestion would be:
1) Drive to DHS - Do your stuff there
2) Boat over to Epcot
3) When done, boat back
4) Drive to Springs for dinner

When staying on grounds, I normally will only drive to AK. But I have been known a few times if we were doing an all day type of day to drop the family at the park we are starting at, and then drive and park at the park we are finishing at. Then i will take transportation back to the other par. It just makes it easier at the end of the night to have your car there.

Depends on how much time you plan on putting in at F&W, which will be going on at Epcot while you are there. I do it all the time, bounce between the two that is. I walk it, morning or night I just find it easier and quicker to walk between HS and Epcot, I hate the boats. I would probably skip the springs, but that is only because I'm not a fan.

I don't think it'll be exhausting, just time consuming.

After the TSL event I would walk to Epcot, then if heading back to HS I would take the bus or walk back. I'll never take those boats again unless they change the style because it's like sitting in an oven.

After 4pm you can take a bus to DS, but no bus goes from DS to a park
I wasn't thrilled with the boat either and it seemed to take forever.

I would limit any back and forth and traveling to DS for dinner. It is manageable to go from HS to Epcot and back, but plan for at least 45 minutes each way if you are taking the boat and 20-25 minutes if you walk. It is kind of a hike. I would scrap DS for dinner as you are likely adding too much to your day. Just pick a place at one of the parks. If you want to end your day at HS then i would pick brown derby - amazing food and actually woody's lunch box is getting pretty good reviews. Food and wine will be going on so there will be certainly plenty to eat around the world.

I guess you need to figure out if you want to spend time at one of those parks in the evening or not. If you are hitting the AP event then you could just plan the morning until noon time at HS, with an afternoon break from noon until 4pm -- then head to Epcot for the evening. After getting up early you might appreciate a little break.

There really is no wrong or right way to handle this, but trying to pack too much into one day will make it feel like a whirlwind and you won't really be able to relax and soak up everything. I spent my last trip initially planning and trying to pack too much into our day. I finally took a step back and really prioritized what we wanted to do and what would be nice to do and what we could skip if we didn't have time. It almost helps to plan and then weed out what really isn't necessary and with your plan going between the two parks is time consuming so why add in more time traveling to DS.

Last edited:
I think I may try to squeeze in Homecomin on my departure day instead of my big hopping day.

I’m still not sure about hopping between DHS and Epcot a couple of times, but right now that’s what I’m planning on.

Last month we went from HS to Epcot and back. The boats were down and we were disappointed in that. Seemed like a long walk to the Epcot bus stop, but I also had a little kid who was tired already. No problem with taking the bus over other than the massive bag check lines Epcot tends to have. We had time to do several attractions before returning for Fantasmic later.

I like the walk in between HS and Epcot. It seams short, especially if it is nice outside and you walk fast. However, I would not go to Disney Springs when the Food and Wine Festival is happening.

I would just walk back and forth, the boats are ridiculously slow and the walk isn't bad at all. We did all 4 parks in 1 day last month, left our car at HS, stopped at the Boardwalk and rented a surrey bike, did two laps and then walked on to Epcot. When we were finished at Epcot, we walked back to HS to get our car and go on.

I like the walk in between HS and Epcot. It seams short, especially if it is nice outside and you walk fast. However, I would not go to Disney Springs when the Food and Wine Festival is happening.

Would you bother going to Homecomin for a lunch on a departure day? That’s my alternative plan.

I might skip it altogether even though I’d love to try it. But my departure morning is at HS, and I could then walk over to Epcot.

Would you bother going to Homecomin for a lunch on a departure day? That’s my alternative plan.

I might skip it altogether even though I’d love to try it. But my departure morning is at HS, and I could then walk over to Epcot.

I would spend more time in the parks, but if you've already had your Epcot fill, I highly recommend Homecomin. It's my favorite restaurant at DS and maybe out of all of Disney

I would spend more time in the parks, but if you've already had your Epcot fill, I highly recommend Homecomin. It's my favorite restaurant at DS and maybe out of all of Disney

I’ll have two stabs at Epcot, neither full days. That should be enough, I think. And that’s very high praise for Homecomin! I think you’ve convinced me to give it a shot. I have 50 more days to decide though :)

The walk from Epcot to HS isn't that bad, but it isn't that great either. If it's really hot or raining, you can enter the Boardwalk and take a right. Keep heading that way and eventually you'll pop out on the other side. It takes a little longer but it's air conditioned.

The boats take awhile, but you aren't walking. After all the walking in the parks, sitting for a bit on a boat can seem worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter