Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024!

Is your aunt also going on the January trip? If not, they may only be able to book 2 rooms if only 2 of the adults will be on the bounceback trip. That is how it has worked in th past, one room for each adult on the current trip who will be on the return trip. Just an FYI, so you can prepare for all options.
This has indeed been the case in the past, and you needed to have the adults in the current trip be the "lead" person in rooms in future trips. But, there have been some recent reports indicating that you may be able to book rooms in other's names for the Bounceback, as long as you have the necessary number of adults staying in the current reservation. It's certainly worth asking. @StarSeven7 please report back what you find out, so I can keep the FAQ updated.

Is your aunt also going on the January trip? If not, they may only be able to book 2 rooms if only 2 of the adults will be on the bounceback trip. That is how it has worked in th past, one room for each adult on the current trip who will be on the return trip. Just an FYI, so you can prepare for all options.
No, I don't think my aunt is going to go on the January trip, so thank you! We'll just hope to get 2 discounted rooms for the January trip!

This has indeed been the case in the past, and you needed to have the adults in the current trip be the "lead" person in rooms in future trips. But, there have been some recent reports indicating that you may be able to book rooms in other's names for the Bounceback, as long as you have the necessary number of adults staying in the current reservation. It's certainly worth asking. @StarSeven7 please report back what you find out, so I can keep the FAQ updated.
Ok, I'll ask when I call in (it's not until December) and report back what they say! Thanks all for your help!

No, I don't think my aunt is going to go on the January trip, so thank you! We'll just hope to get 2 discounted rooms for the January trip!

As Vinovinto said, it can’t hurt to try for all 3 rooms. Just wanted you to be prepared with a plan in case they only let you book 2. And who knows, the bounceback may not even be better than what you already have. Good luck & I hope you have a great trip either way!

As Vinovinto said, it can’t hurt to try for all 3 rooms. Just wanted you to be prepared with a plan in case they only let you book 2. And who knows, the bounceback may not even be better than what you already have. Good luck & I hope you have a great trip either way!
Thank you!

Just an FYI--checked out today--had 2 adults in the room--was able to book 2 bounce back free dining reservations myself even though the other adult from this trip will not be returning--Hope this helps!

Just an FYI--checked out today--had 2 adults in the room--was able to book 2 bounce back free dining reservations myself even though the other adult from this trip will not be returning--Hope this helps!

Just clarifying: you booked 2 rooms for the same dates/ trip under your name or a single room for each of 2 different trips/ sets of dates? Thanks!

Just clarifying: you booked 2 rooms for the same dates/ trip under your name or a single room for each of 2 different trips/ sets of dates? Thanks!
Sorry--2 rooms for the same dates for 2 completely different parties (I am only listed on 1 room and no one from the other room was present during this trip)

Just left the beach club there is a room only discount available now too. You have to ask for it it’s not on the flier in the room. I was able to book for May 2019 1st to 10th sorry I don’t have more details I think it was 25 percent off deluxe I was able to book the grand for our future stay

Just left the beach club there is a room only discount available now too. You have to ask for it it’s not on the flier in the room. I was able to book for May 2019 1st to 10th sorry I don’t have more details I think it was 25 percent off deluxe I was able to book the grand for our future stay
Thank you for reporting!

Yes, the 2019 Bounceback is out for January-December. Excludes popular dates. OP has been updated with pic. 20% off values, 25% off moderates, 30% off deluxes.

I just booked a bounceback today and was able to book two rooms, one in the name of another person as the lead on the second room that wasn't on this trip. We had two adults on the room for this trip, which allowed us to book two rooms.

Sorry--2 rooms for the same dates for 2 completely different parties (I am only listed on 1 room and no one from the other room was present during this trip)
I just booked a bounceback today and was able to book two rooms, one in the name of another person as the lead on the second room that wasn't on this trip. We had two adults on the room for this trip, which allowed us to book two rooms.
Thanks for reporting! These are the 3rd and 4th report I've read this year of being able to book a second room, in another guests' name, as long as one person is traveling from the current reservation, and as long as you have the number of adults. So, I feel pretty confident that the info in the FAQ about booking multiple bouncebacks/rooms is correct!

Ok, probably a dumb question but here goes.

I currently have YC garden/woods view booked from 2/23-3/2 on the "Gift of Magic" offer, which I believe is 25% off rack rate. So that would mean that if I were to book under the BB rate, the nights of 2/23, 3/1, and 3/2 would be excluded (as I understand it).

So unless an AP rate comes out that doesn't exclude those dates, I'm thinking I'd be out of luck regardless on 2/23. But would it work to book 2/23-2/28 as one stay under the BB rate (and just have 2/23 excluded from the discount) and then just book 2/28-3/2 as a separate stay under the "Gift of Magic" rate? I've been trying to talk H into a split stay anyway between an EP resort and a MK one.

Thoughts?

ETA: We'll be at WDW beginning 12/20, so of course this all assumes that there will still be availability for the dates/resorts/room categories we're interested in by the time we get there.

Ok, probably a dumb question but here goes.

I currently have YC garden/woods view booked from 2/23-3/2 on the "Gift of Magic" offer, which I believe is 25% off rack rate. So that would mean that if I were to book under the BB rate, the nights of 2/23, 3/1, and 3/2 would be excluded (as I understand it).

So unless an AP rate comes out that doesn't exclude those dates, I'm thinking I'd be out of luck regardless on 2/23. But would it work to book 2/23-2/28 as one stay under the BB rate (and just have 2/23 excluded from the discount) and then just book 2/28-3/2 as a separate stay under the "Gift of Magic" rate? I've been trying to talk H into a split stay anyway between an EP resort and a MK one.

Thoughts?

ETA: We'll be at WDW beginning 12/20, so of course this all assumes that there will still be availability for the dates/resorts/room categories we're interested in by the time we get there.
Yes, all correct. I would look at the availability under the Gift of Magic for 2/28-3/2 right before your trip in December so that you have a good idea of what is available. It's not always possible to modify to a shorter (or longer) stay. You can always book the Bounceback for 2/23-2/28 (with 2/24-2/28 discounted) when you are onsite and then when you are home and have more time, look at modifying the second stay.

We should know AP rates pretty soon. Traditionally, they have come out for your dates during the first week of November. Also, do you have a Disney Visa? May be worth looking at the Gift of Magic Visa discount. It's a little spotty, but a few resorts (including YC) go up to 35% off, which is better than the Bounceback.

Yes, all correct. I would look at the availability under the Gift of Magic for 2/28-3/2 right before your trip in December so that you have a good idea of what is available. It's not always possible to modify to a shorter (or longer) stay. You can always book the Bounceback for 2/23-2/28 (with 2/24-2/28 discounted) when you are onsite and then when you are home and have more time, look at modifying the second stay.

We should know AP rates pretty soon. Traditionally, they have come out for your dates during the first week of November. Also, do you have a Disney Visa? May be worth looking at the Gift of Magic Visa discount. It's a little spotty, but a few resorts (including YC) go up to 35% off, which is better than the Bounceback.

Thanks so much for your reply! :)

Thanks for the heads up on not necessarily being able to modify what I've currently got booked...I've had that happen before, so I know to look out for it as a potential issue, but the reminder is definitely appreciated. The good news is that we're not set on YC...any one of the 3 EP resorts would be fine...and we're not set on a particular room category either, so fingers crossed that something will still be available!

And yeah...I've been impatiently waiting for the AP rates to come out, too, lol.

No Disney Visa...we did consider it, though, as we recently reassessed the CCs we have, did a ton of research on various points blogs, and ended up getting two new ones and are phasing out our two old standbys. Because H travels a lot for work, and we travel other places besides WDW as well with relative frequency, we opted for other cards. But yeah, that 35% off is pretty amazing!

Is it possible to change a free dining bounceback to a room only one? I was able to change my room only one last year but I’m guessing that probably wouldn’t work for my new bounceback since I have a package.

I've never done a bounceback....but after reading all this info, I'm gonna try! We're current AP holders but aren't planning on renewing in February. We'll be there in 36 days/BWI Deluxe Club:). So once we're down there, I should call the "secret" extension and see if I can convert an already existing room reservation for December 2019? I've already booked December 4-11...but maybe we'll have to adjust to December 7-14....???? We don't do free dining....we'd just be looking for room only. We'll get our tickets from Undercover Tourist. Does this all make sense? Is it possible the BWI Deluxe/Club would be included for 2019?

I've never done a bounceback....but after reading all this info, I'm gonna try! We're current AP holders but aren't planning on renewing in February. We'll be there in 36 days/BWI Deluxe Club:). So once we're down there, I should call the "secret" extension and see if I can convert an already existing room reservation for December 2019? I've already booked December 4-11...but maybe we'll have to adjust to December 7-14....???? We don't do free dining....we'd just be looking for room only. We'll get our tickets from Undercover Tourist. Does this all make sense? Is it possible the BWI Deluxe/Club would be included for 2019?
Yes, definitely call by your check-out date and have them give you a quote for your dates. December 4th and 5th are not included in the Bounceback. Those nights would be at rack rate. December 7-14 would all be included. Club level rooms have been included in previous Bouncebacks, but not all room categories/resorts are available for every date. You'll need to call to see what is available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!