Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024!

In previous years, the BB available in August has not included any February dates (it's been FD for select summer and late summer dates), but I recommend that you call while you are there. You never know when they are going to change the types of promos available.

Well, I guess it's OK. With the price increases, we will have to go in August again versus Feb. Now I just want the Free Dining BB, LOL.

I gather from reading the thread that I can make changes to our bounceback that we booked a couple of weeks ago. Is there a special number to call to make changes or do we just call the the normal number to book reservations? My preferred resort was not available to book and I might want to add a date. Thanks!

I gather from reading the thread that I can make changes to our bounceback that we booked a couple of weeks ago. Is there a special number to call to make changes or do we just call the the normal number to book reservations? My preferred resort was not available to book and I might want to add a date. Thanks!
Call the bounceback number.

(407)939-1923

And on unusual occasions people staying close to the switch over date from one offer to the next can pick which offer they want, but I wouldn't count on it.

Im staying 08/07 - 08/19. Can I book 2 trips utilizing the room discount for one and free dining for other since the switch most likely will be during my stay?

Im staying 08/07 - 08/19. Can I book 2 trips utilizing the room discount for one and free dining for other since the switch most likely will be during my stay?
Yes. Please report back on the new Bounceback that should come out aground August 15. It should be a free dining BB, based on what has been offered previous years, but it can always be changed by Disney.
The room offer would be for the following dates *this year*
  • September 2-28
  • December 6-24
Room offers for 2020 dates will likely not be available until end of October, if it follows the pattern that has run in previous years. It's definitely worth calling though,

Yes. Please report back on the new Bounceback that should come out aground August 15. It should be a free dining BB, based on what has been offered previous years, but it can always be changed by Disney.
The room offer would be for the following dates *this year*
  • September 2-28
  • December 6-24
Room offers for 2020 dates will likely not be available until end of October, if it follows the pattern that has run in previous years. It's definitely worth calling though,

I will let you know as soon as I find out. My DDs birthday is a few days before Christmas. She will be 16 this year. If the price is right, I might book a quick trip to surprise her for her BDay. Weve never been because its usually $$$$$ around the holidays.

Hopefully we can get the FD for next year too. That would be amazing to not have to cross my fingers and check the websites daily for the FD announcement!

Also, if this happens that I book 2 trips, can I upgrade my 10 day park hopper plus ticket to an AP while Im there?

I will let you know as soon as I find out. My DDs birthday is a few days before Christmas. She will be 16 this year. If the price is right, I might book a quick trip to surprise her for her BDay. Weve never been because its usually $$$$$ around the holidays.

Hopefully we can get the FD for next year too. That would be amazing to not have to cross my fingers and check the websites daily for the FD announcement!

Also, if this happens that I book 2 trips, can I upgrade my 10 day park hopper plus ticket to an AP while Im there?
You can upgrade your park hoppers to an annual pass. But I believe if you're planning on going to the water parks with your plus ticket and not planning on buying the AP that has the water park option (platinum plus), you'll need to go to the water park with your plus ticket before you do that. Otherwise, you'll lose the water park privilege. And also keep in mind if you get a free dining bounceback you'll be required to buy tickets as a part of that package and I'm unsure how it works now with dated tickets to save them for later use after your APs run out.

You can upgrade your park hoppers to an annual pass. But I believe if you're planning on going to the water parks with your plus ticket and not planning on buying the AP that has the water park option (platinum plus), you'll need to go to the water park with your plus ticket before you do that. Otherwise, you'll lose the water park privilege. And also keep in mind if you get a free dining bounceback you'll be required to buy tickets as a part of that package and I'm unsure how it works now with dated tickets to save them for later use after your APs run out.

Great info! Thank you!

You can upgrade a PH Plus, but if you use any of the water park entitlements, you'll only be able to upgrade to the Platinum Plus that includes the water parks, not the Platinum.

You can upgrade a PH Plus, but if you use any of the water park entitlements, you'll only be able to upgrade to the Platinum Plus that includes the water parks, not the Platinum.
Maybe I misunderstood this. So, if you have a park hopper plus and want to upgrade to an AP (Platinum, not platinum plus), don't you lose the ability to go to the waterpark with the regular AP since it doesn't have a waterpark option?

Maybe I misunderstood this. So, if you have a park hopper plus and want to upgrade to an AP (Platinum, not platinum plus), don't you lose the ability to go to the waterpark with the regular AP since it doesn't have a waterpark option?

Yes. I think the point they’re trying to make is that if you use any of the Plus entitlements before doing the upgrade to an AP, you won’t have the option to upgrade to a regular platinum pass, you will only have the option to upgrade to a platinum plus pass.

Yes. I think the point they’re trying to make is that if you use any of the Plus entitlements before doing the upgrade to an AP, you won’t have the option to upgrade to a regular platinum pass, you will only have the option to upgrade to a platinum plus pass.
Ohhhhhhhhhhh, I get it! Thanks!

That's right!

If you use the water park option, and try to upgrade to annual pass. The annual pass must include the water park option. If you have not used a water park admission, it can be upgraded to whatever annual pass you would like.

If you have an annual pass and purchase a Bounce back offer requiring a set number of days park tickets. You must purchase the package tickets. Then if you go to front desk, let them know you have annual pass and want to "hold" those tickets to apply toward next annual pass. They will record on their end (ask for an e-mail) confirming request. They will assign you a * "magic" code that you will need as t annual pass renewal. Please note, they will give you an ex piration date for the code. Several days before your current annual pass expires, and you must use before it expires.

Also, If you are showing both an annual basis and package tickets, BEFORE entering parks go to Guest Relations) each park has one outside of entrance and tell them you want to "prioritize" your tickets, using annual pass first.

But if you upgrade before using the entitlements and only upgrade to a Platinum, then you can't go to the water parks anyway, right?
That's right. Once you upgrade, your previous ticket no longer exists. If you upgrade to Platinum, that will *not* include water parks. If you upgrade to Platinum Plus, that includes the water parks. If you use any water park entitlements *before* upgrading to AP, you will only be blue to upgrade to Platinum Plus.

That's right. Once you upgrade, your previous ticket no longer exists. If you upgrade to Platinum, that will *not* include water parks. If you upgrade to Platinum Plus, that includes the water parks. If you use any water park entitlements *before* upgrading to AP, you will only be blue to upgrade to Platinum Plus.
Thanks for breaking it down so I could understand! I appreciate it!

Free Dining BounceBack Details for 2019 (updated Aug 1, 2019)

Available to be booked by guests staying at a Disney Resort from Aug 1 - October 31, 2019. It is a Free Dining offer for select dates between:

May 26 - June 2, 2020
June 26 - September 12, 2020
December 9 - December 24, 2020

Requires a minimum - 4 nights, 4 day park tickets with park hopper

Excludes - All Star Movies, French Quarter, Bay Lake, Little Mermaid rooms, Grand Floridian Villas

This offer will expire on October 31, 2019.

Basically this offer is identical to what was offered in 2018 for 2019.

For those new to BounceBack offers, you must call x8844 from your resort room DURING YOUR STAY to book the bounceback offer. It cannot be booked before or after your stay.

(I am still waiting for details about the dining plans. My guess is that Value and Moderate resorts will qualify for free QSDP and Deluxe resorts will qualify for free Disney Dining Plan. This is still to be confirmed.)

Original Post

Normally in Aug a new BB offer is released for the following year. Traditionally this has been a FD BB for the following summer/fall.

In 2018 a Free Dining offer was available to be booked by guests staying from Aug 1 - Oct 31, 2018. It was a FD offer for select dates between
May 28 - Jun 4, 2019
Jun 28 - Sep 7, 2019
Dec 6 - Dec 24, 2019

With all the upcoming openings I’m still hoping we’ll see a FD BB offer for 2020!!

Who wants to wait with me?? :D

** Aug 1, 2019 Update **

Report is in that a guest has called the Future Stay number from their room and a Free Dining BounceBack is now available for select dates in 2020. I will update here with information as it's gathered.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter