Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024!

I know it can change year to year, but have campsites typically been excluded from the free dining bounce back? I see it in the exclusion list for the room discounts, but not free dining.

Yes, they are always excluded. Since up to 10 people can be booked per campsite I don’t think it would ever be included in a free dining promotion.

That is what I thought, but just wanted to make sure because looking at the first post, I didn't see it in the exclusions list for the free dining promotion (unless I missed it lol).

That is what I thought, but just wanted to make sure because looking at the first post, I didn't see it in the exclusions list for the free dining promotion (unless I missed it lol).
OP here. It *is* in the list of excluded resorts for FD:
  • Excluded resorts:
    • Fort Wilderness Campsites
    • 3 Bedroom Villas
    • Bungalows at the Poly
    • Cabins at the Wilderness Lodge DVC properties
    • Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation

Has anyone here had to reschedule a bounceback trip due to the current closure situation? During our trip last October, we booked a bounceback rate for the end of April so just trying to get a plan B in place if they are not open by then. Curious if they are honoring bounceback pricing if we reschedule?

Has anyone here had to reschedule a bounceback trip due to the current closure situation? During our trip last October, we booked a bounceback rate for the end of April so just trying to get a plan B in place if they are not open by then. Curious if they are honoring bounceback pricing if we reschedule?
I don’t know about this time but in 2017 when I had to reschedule our BB trip due to Irma arriving less than 24 hours after our arrival I was not able to move our BB.

The way it has worked in the past, is that it works the same way as modifying a regular Bounceback reservation. The new dates must fall within the original offer applicable dates and there has to be availability for the promo.

The Bounceback discounted rates were offered for a bunch of dates, so it’s possible that you will be able to switch it. Here are the dates:
  • 2020 applicable dates:
    • January 1-2 5-8 13-16 19-23 26-30
    • February 2-5 9-13 16-20 23-27
    • March 1-5 8-12 15-19 22-26 31
    • April 1-2 12-30
    • May 1-21
    • May 25-September 3
    • September 7-26
    • October 25-29
    • November 23-25
    • December 4-24
If you call to change, please come back and let us know.

Here is the FAQ on modifying a BB from the first post:
Can I change or modify a bounceback reservation?
  • Yes, you can change or modify your bounceback reservation, even if the "book-by" date is past.
  • If you are changing dates, the new dates must also fall within the original offer (just like when you book any other Disney offer).
  • There also needs to be availability under the promo.
  • You can add or remove days, as long as there is current availability under the promo as if you were making a new booking.
  • You can add or delete guests from the reservation, as long as you do not exceed room occupancy, but the lead person on the reservation must remain.
  • Your bounceback reservation cannot be modified online. You will need to call to make any changes.
  • Call the bounceback line (407-939-1923) and explain what changes you want. They may need to loop in Guest Services if the promo is already past the "book-by" date.

Last edited:

The way it has worked in the past, is that it works the same way as modifying a regular Bounceback reservation. The new dates must fall within the original offer applicable dates and there has to be availability for the promo.

The Bounceback discounted rates were offered for a bunch of dates, so it’s possible that you will be able to switch it. Here are the dates:
  • 2020 applicable dates:
    • April 1-2 12-30
    • May 1-21
    • May 25-September 3
    • September 7-26
    • October 25-29
    • November 23-25
    • December 4-24
If you call to change, please come back and let us know.

Here is the FAQ on modifying a BB from the first post:
Can I change or modify a bounceback reservation?
  • Yes, you can change or modify your bounceback reservation, even if the "book-by" date is past.
  • If you are changing dates, the new dates must also fall within the original offer (just like when you book any other Disney offer).
  • There also needs to be availability under the promo.
  • You can add or remove days, as long as there is current availability under the promo as if you were making a new booking.
  • You can add or delete guests from the reservation, as long as you do not exceed room occupancy, but the lead person on the reservation must remain.
  • Your bounceback reservation cannot be modified online. You will need to call to make any changes.
  • Call the bounceback line (407-939-1923) and explain what changes you want. They may need to loop in Guest Services if the promo is already past the "book-by" date.
Thank you! Very helpful. I will definitely report back if/when I make the change. I see the October dates are 10/25-10/29 - does it work like free dining where I have to check-in within those dates and I receive the rate for the duration, or would I receive the bounceback rate for those nights only and then rack rate for any nights outside of that range? I'm thinking the latter based on your second bullet, but just want to make sure I understand correctly. I was looking at rescheduling 10/20-10/30 but can shift my dates if need be.

Thank you! Very helpful. I will definitely report back if/when I make the change. I see the October dates are 10/25-10/29 - does it work like free dining where I have to check-in within those dates and I receive the rate for the duration, or would I receive the bounceback rate for those nights only and then rack rate for any nights outside of that range? I'm thinking the latter based on your second bullet, but just want to make sure I understand correctly. I was looking at rescheduling 10/20-10/30 but can shift my dates if need be.

They only honor the dates listed. I booked for that week and 10/25-10/29 were the only nights that were discounted. The other nights I pay full price.

What @micandminforever said. If it's a package offer, you just need to check-in during the applicable dates. If it's a room discount offer, each date that is applicable will be discounted and dates that are not applicable will be at rack rate:

What is the current bounceback?
  • Room Discount for select 2020 dates: 20% off value, 25 off moderates, and up to 30 off deluxe and deluxe villas.
  • Book by August 15 2020
  • 2020 applicable dates:
    • April 1-2 12-30
    • May 1-21
    • May 25-September 3
    • September 7-26
    • October 25-29
    • November 23-25
    • December 4-24
  • Thank you @SarahC97
  • Some exclusions apply-Bay Lake Tower, Villas at Grand Floridian, Campground, Cabins at Copper Creek, Little Mermaid rooms at AOA, Poly Bungalows, 3-BR Villas.
  • This is a room discount. That means that each individual day is either discounted or not. If a date is not included, you can book it at rack rate. For example, you could get Wednesday and Thursday at a discount, but Friday and Saturday at rack rate if Friday and Saturday are not included.

I've not run any numbers, but has anyone here abandoned their bounceback offer and booked the new free dining offer?

There's three scenarios DH and I are considering. Would love any opinions:

1. Keep bounceback offer and travel mid-September (25% off at CBR), no dining plan. This is about 3 weeks after our summer cottage stay, so not the most ideal time being so close. But, this would be shortly after the new school year is in session which may mean lower crowds, unless people are really taking advantage of the new free dining offer.

2. Switch to free dining offer and travel first week of October (checking in 9/30). I don't normally like the dining plan because I like more flexibility, but this is a better time frame for us especially if the numbers make sense.

3. Keep bounceback offer and travel late October (25% off at CBR), no dining plan. Only 5 of our 8 nights would be discounted here, but it would have the best weather and best timing in our personal life. But crowds are typically higher during this time, and who knows how it will be this year. But it would be after the free dining offer.

I've not run any numbers, but has anyone here abandoned their bounceback offer and booked the new free dining offer?

1. Keep bounceback offer and travel mid-September (25% off at CBR), no dining plan. This is about 3 weeks after our summer cottage stay, so not the most ideal time being so close. But, this would be shortly after the new school year is in session which may mean lower crowds, unless people are really taking advantage of the new free dining offer.

2. Switch to free dining offer and travel first week of October (checking in 9/30). I don't normally like the dining plan because I like more flexibility, but this is a better time frame for us especially if the numbers make sense.

3. Keep bounceback offer and travel late October (25% off at CBR), no dining plan. Only 5 of our 8 nights would be discounted here, but it would have the best weather and best timing in our personal life. But crowds are typically higher during this time, and who knows how it will be this year. But it would be after the free dining offer.

Do you actually qualify for the new offer? It's only for those who had trips impacted by the closure.

Was your BB trip booked between Mar 16 and May 31, 2020? What were your BB trip dates?

I just moved my May 13-16 trip and kept the BB so we could go in early December. I thought I read somewhere that travel had to be completed by 9/30 not just booked.

Do you actually qualify for the new offer? It's only for those who had trips impacted by the closure.
Was your BB trip booked between Mar 16 and May 31, 2020? What were your BB trip dates?

My apologies to the OP. I see you had a BB booked for April, so yes, you would qualify. I guess you'll just need to run the numbers to see which will work out best for you.

Yes, we were supposed to travel in April.

My BB trip was for April, booked in October 2019.

I just moved my May 13-16 trip and kept the BB so we could go in early December. I thought I read somewhere that travel had to be completed by 9/30 not just booked.
I had read that your check-in date needs to be on or before 9/30, similar to any other free dining offer. In other words, as long as your check-in date falls within the free dining date range, you will have free dining for the duration of the trip. I think this is because free dining is all or nothing, unlike room only promotions where your room price can vary each night.

My apologies to the OP. I see you had a BB booked for April, so yes, you would qualify. I guess you'll just need to run the numbers to see which will work out best for you.
Right. Just curious to see what others who are in the same boat are doing.

What dates in December? You are always allowed to move a bounceback as long as the new dates are included & there is availability at the new resort under the offer. And December dates are included in the current bounceback. Unless you were allowed to book outside the BB dates. That would be a new development.

What dates in December? You are always allowed to move a bounceback as long as the new dates are included & there is availability at the new resort under the offer. And December dates are included in the current bounceback. Unless you were allowed to book outside the BB dates. That would be a new development.

yes it was December 9-12 and falls within the December 4-24 BB window. I thought about moving it with the new FD promo but we already have a trip scheduled 8/29-9/2 with a FD promo. That promo was good through 9/8 and I’ve played around to see if I could move it a bit further just to be safe

I think I saw this on the front page but I want to make sure I read it right.

I have a room discount BB I booked back in November. Had to move it from May to December. Then decided to bring my kids for half the trip and now have 2 BB reservations with the whole family then just us adults

I’m thinking of making a reservation in October when the BB is valid. Can I make another BB reservation at a totally different time? Can I book as many as I want as long as there is availability and it falls during the promo dates??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter